Favourite hardcore guitar and bass tones?

PDA

View Full Version : Favourite hardcore guitar and bass tones?

BGSM
11-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Pretty self explanatory. Keep it strictly hardcore (no Trivium, BFMV or Killswitch Engage crap)

For me, bass is Lion of Judah on Universal Peace and guitar is ****ed Up on Hidden World.

zezimathehero
11-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Donno if Shai Hulud counts, but if so, their guitar tone is pretty sick. If not, i do thoroughly enjoy Trap Them's tone on Seizures In Barren Praise and Lewd Acts tone on Black Eye Blues. I don't think i know enough about bass tones to know what my favorite one is.

JxD
11-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Guitar: Ampere on their split with Sinaloa, City of Caterpillar's s/t, Integrity's Those Who Fear Tomorrow, and Quicksand's Slip.
Bass: His Hero Is Gone on all of their albums but especially Monuments to Thieves, Integrity on the Walpurgisnacht EP, and Mental's discography.

NY_FootBall49
11-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Donno if Shai Hulud counts, but if so, their guitar tone is pretty sick. If not, i do thoroughly enjoy Trap Them's tone on Seizures In Barren Praise and Lewd Acts tone on Black Eye Blues. I don't think i know enough about bass tones to know what my favorite one is.

Shai Hulud counts. If you say no then we can fight just kidding. But they have one of my favorite guitar tones I'd have to say Have Heart as well.

MustangMan311
11-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Blacklisted's guitar tone on Heavier Than Heaven, Lonelier Than God is incredible, IMO. Perfect blend of crunch and clarity. Trap Them's Seizures in Barren Praise has some godly production, as well.

Bass wise, I don't know, nor do I really care. I don't ever listen to the bass in hardcore music.

brutalmania
11-23-2009, 11:52 PM
i am yet to hear a good tone from a hardcore band lol

carpathian's tone isnt too bad though.

god forbid the tone of lionheartxxx

actually, the red shore used to sorta be hardcore and their tone is ****ing sex

BGSM
11-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah, Black Eye Blues guitars rules. As well as Slip. Shai Hulud's guitars sound amazing on the reissue of Hearts Once Nourished.

If we were including screamo then I'd say Daitro on Y, by far the best guitar sound in 2009. But we're not :p:

^ haha fuck, i cry when i listen to lionheartxxx's demo.

thesceneislame
11-24-2009, 07:17 AM
shai hulud and reign supreme

boffen
11-24-2009, 07:26 AM
Have Heart

Magero
11-24-2009, 07:33 AM
the red shore used to sorta be hardcore and their tone is ****ing sex
lolwut

Their guitar tone is terrible. All mush, no definition.

saxaxe
11-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Trap Them's tone in Seance Prime is so good.
Magrudergrind's tone on their new album is teh sex as well.
It's more indie than hardcore, but I feel like I should mention Screaming Females. Their guitarist has such an incredible tone and goddam she can play.

aggiefan33
11-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Capsule

Cedence
11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
the drums on the last Trap Them record...holy shit

Also dig the bass tones on LOJ - Universal Peace and Ceremony - Still Nothing Moves You

recklessnick
11-24-2009, 12:33 PM
defeater

Doctor Matthews
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm going by albums here.

Guitars:
The Fall of Troy - everything off Doppelganger, but in general he can't get great tone.
Converge - Axe to Fall and No Heroes
Gallows - Orchestra of Wolves

I don't really notice interesting bass in -core genres, but I'll say Orchestra of Wolves.

to45t
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
i was really into the guitar sound on Carpathian's Nothing To Lose. Shai Hulud of course haha. and also As Blood Runs Black has a nice guitar tone, thats a bit more metal tho. Live couldnt har the guitars for crap. Not sure who was running the sound board but they deserved to sparta kicked.

handbanana
11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Mind Eraser - Conscious Unconscious

/thread

JxD
11-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Mind Eraser - Conscious Unconscious

/thread
Usually when someone claims a thread should end after their post pisses me off because 9 times out of 10 they've said something stupid, but I can really get behind this. The guitar and bass tone on that record rule.

BGSM
11-24-2009, 06:00 PM
+1 to Mind Eraser haha. Guitar especially sounds so good.

nashawa
11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Converge's bass tone is incredible

recklessnick
11-24-2009, 11:45 PM
a wilhelm scream's bass tone

JxD
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Although I don't listen to them as much as I used to, Cursed has one of the best guitar/guitar/bass tones I've ever heard.

)Eric(Draven
11-25-2009, 04:42 AM
Whoever said Capsule... the guitars sound good but kind of a dime a dozen, don't you think? The tone, that is.

That grimy shit really gets me, I love Fight Amp's tone, the Trap Them guitars and bass sounded awesome. But by far my favorite bass and guitar tones are Young Widows'. The bass tone fills in the space so well, I hardly ever feel like they need a second guitar player, and they don't double track guitars (I don't think... if they do feel free to correct me.) I'm pretty sure almost all of Old Wounds was recorded live, too. How chaotic that guitar sounds at the beginning of Almost Dead Beat. And how grimy and dark the riff at the beginning of The Charmer's sounds. Especially coming right out of Mirror****er. I love that band.