Nintendo-core. Awesome or Aweful?

PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo-core. Awesome or Aweful?

E2theJay
11-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Is it only me or did my gameboy brainwash me into liking some of this garbage?!!? i totally bash it all the time but, then started jamming to an IAMERROR song about pokemon haha.

Magero
11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Such a stupid genre. HORSE the band are the only musicians that should have existed.

saxaxe
11-24-2009, 08:31 AM
HORSE is the only band that can be considered nintendocore. And maybe Math the Band, but there's not really enough -core there. Even HORSE shouldn't REALLY be considered nintendocore. It's one of those genres that's not really a genre. I can guarantee that 98% of the bands you call "nintendocore" are just nu-metalcore bands with a keyboard player.
As far as metalcore with keyboard goes, HORSE and Genghis Tron are great. Sky Eats Airplane are pretty good. Most of the rest are crap.

Magero
11-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Pretty much any band that uses synths gets called nintendocore. It's fucking annoying. The only other band I've heard being called that is Dragonforce, which doesn't even make sense...

recklessnick
11-24-2009, 09:47 AM
hatebreed used to be nintendocore

MustangMan311
11-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Such a stupid genre. HORSE the band are the only musicians that should have existed.

HORSE is the only band that can be considered nintendocore. And maybe Math the Band, but there's not really enough -core there. Even HORSE shouldn't REALLY be considered nintendocore. It's one of those genres that's not really a genre. I can guarantee that 98% of the bands you call "nintendocore" are just nu-metalcore bands with a keyboard player.
As far as metalcore with keyboard goes, HORSE and Genghis Tron are great. Sky Eats Airplane are pretty good. Most of the rest are crap.

Pretty much any band that uses synths gets called nintendocore. It's fucking annoying. The only other band I've heard being called that is Dragonforce, which doesn't even make sense...

Agreed on all counts.

The Charm
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM

THIS.

srsly

to45t
11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
anamanaguchi are awesome, except they are poppy as all fvcking hell. but they do live programming through gameboys and shit. i havent heard any other -core bands honestly use nintendo sounds fluently.

im guessing i should look into HORSE the band...?

Jman09
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
never could get into that kind of stuff, although i do dig my best friends playing of the super mario brothers theme on his guitar via tapping the strings above the pickups with my homemade metal slide, and yes we where quite hammered when we discovered it.

thesceneislame
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
the breakdown at the end of cutsman makes me cream my pants.

saxaxe
11-24-2009, 03:42 PM
This is completely off topic, but I'm posting it here anyway because it's almost related. I have been unhealthily addicted to The Postal Service this week.

pmeg568c
11-24-2009, 03:42 PM
you are also like 5 years late TS

NY_FootBall49
11-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Keith Buckley on HORSE the Band. "We would not be a band if it weren't for these guys. Their wildly uninteresting and self-proclaimed innovation is what keeps us going."

nashawa
11-24-2009, 04:23 PM
anamanaguchi are awesome, except they are poppy as all fvcking hell. but they do live programming through gameboys and shit. i havent heard any other -core bands honestly use nintendo sounds fluently.

im guessing i should look into HORSE the band...?

They only use a hacked NES, no Gameboys. And they aren't core at all, but they are absolutely incredible.

BGSM
11-24-2009, 04:44 PM
horse the band doesnt even consider themselves to be nintendocore, they came up with the term as a joke. genghis tron could never be considered nintendocore, since they dont use 8bit sounding synths etc..

cakeschmammert
11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
i don't even like to consider this music. stop posting about this.

Haymaker17
11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
hatebreed used to be nintendocore

ya..****in sellouts

nashawa
11-24-2009, 07:34 PM
^noice

tancanada
11-24-2009, 08:02 PM
uhhh what exactly is nintendocore anyways?

nashawa
11-24-2009, 08:08 PM
It doesn't really exist. HORSE the Band called themselves it jokingly once because of the bitcrush synth they were using

And then all of a sudden, every core band with a synth was erroneously labeled "nintedocore".

One on Sunday
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, I consider it to be any band that uses 8-bit synths/samples in their music, thus sounding like theyre sampling nintendo game music (maybe some even do?).

On that note, I enjoy Sky Eats Airplane