Aim For The Day

PDA

View Full Version : Aim For The Day

christianbassis
11-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow, i havent been on here in awhile, but i have a band some of you might like, check em out! if you want more buy the EP on itunes!

www.myspace.com/aimfortheday777

-tempest-
11-27-2009, 12:26 PM
idk theres something about the lyrics and singing style that just turns me off. i really just don't like them.

lespaul1216
11-27-2009, 01:44 PM
seems like they're kind of forcing the vocals instead of naturally singing/screaming. it's just wierd, i can't explain it

christianbassis
11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
well i think thats a production flaw personally

christianbassis
11-27-2009, 03:08 PM
I can't speak for you two but for me it was the part where he randomly screams out "JESUS IS ALIVE". That really turned my off. I don't like people shoving there opinions and beliefs down my throat or anything for that matter.

well, if thats how you feel, isnt that what EVERY singer is really doing? since they say what they believe in their songs?

NY_FootBall49
11-27-2009, 03:26 PM
well, if thats how you feel, isnt that what EVERY singer is really doing? since they say what they believe in their songs?

No not at all. What if I wrote a song and in the middle just screamed "GOD IS NOT REAL". If those are your beliefs fine keep them to yourself, I think a lot of these bands just do it cause its cool. I would be more impressed if you were Christian and didn't feel the need to shamelessly promote your beliefs. It's not just christian bands it's straight bands whatever keep it to yourself.

christianbassis
11-27-2009, 04:06 PM
No not at all. What if I wrote a song and in the middle just screamed "GOD IS NOT REAL". If those are your beliefs fine keep them to yourself, I think a lot of these bands just do it cause its cool. I would be more impressed if you were Christian and didn't feel the need to shamelessly promote your beliefs. It's not just christian bands it's straight bands whatever keep it to yourself.

well, what im about to post would be considered by you as shoving mybeliefs down your throat, just warning you.

As christians, we are commissioned to go tell the world what we believe, in any way shape or form.

However, some people ARE harsh about it, and others love the word of christ, not shove it. see what im saying?

Valderama
11-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I can't speak for you two but for me it was the part where he randomly screams out "JESUS IS ALIVE". That really turned my off. I don't like people shoving there opinions and beliefs down my throat or anything for that matter.
How are they forcing it down your throat? What a retarded thing to say.
They aren't forcing you to listen to the song, and by extension, they aren't forcing you to take heed of the lyrics.
I'm a Christian, by simply saying that I believe in God isn't me forcing my opinions / beliefs down your throat.

Band are OK, dont like the name at all.

lookpizza
11-27-2009, 05:08 PM
well, what im about to post would be considered by you as shoving mybeliefs down your throat, just warning you.

As christians, we are commissioned to go tell the world what we believe, in any way shape or form.

However, some people ARE harsh about it, and others love the word of christ, not shove it. see what im saying?

Well I could say I'm commissioned to tell you that you are wrong, and there is no god, and that the fact of the matter is we were both commissioned by NO ONE.

That would make me a dick though for shoving my beliefs in your face, right?

How are they forcing it down your throat? What a retarded thing to say.
They aren't forcing you to listen to the song, and by extension, they aren't forcing you to take heed of the lyrics.
I'm a Christian, by simply saying that I believe in God isn't me forcing my opinions / beliefs down your throat.

He never said the words "forced", he said that he didn't like the band, and then he stated his reasoning behind it, learn to read.

Scol2pioN
11-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Especially since Jesus isnt alive

lespaul1216
11-28-2009, 10:51 AM
lol that, but it's like.....

have you ever seen someone throw a ball in such a manner that it would be described as "pushing the ball" instead of "throwing the ball". That's what it's like with this guy's voice to me, he's "pushing" the words instead of "singing" the words

Valderama
11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
He never said the words "forced", he said that he didn't like the band, and then he stated his reasoning behind it, learn to read.
Considering the fact that one of the primary definitions of "shove" (the word he originally used) is, and I quote, "to move something by exerting force", I'd say that using the word forced is perfectly valid. Settle down.

output24
11-30-2009, 02:23 AM

??? Huh?

Considering he said this:

YOU learn how to read.

lookpizza
11-30-2009, 05:14 AM
Force when used as a verb means "obligate to do something"

here's a list of synonyms:
apply, bear down, bear hard on, bind, blackmail, bring pressure to bear upon, burden, cause, charge, choke, coerce, command, compel, concuss, conscript, constrain, contract, demand, draft, drag, dragoon, drive, enforce, enjoin, exact, extort, fix, impel, impose, impress, inflict, insist, limit, make, move, necessitate, oblige, obtrude, occasion, order, overcome, pin down, press, pressure, pressurize, put screws to, put squeeze on, require, restrict, sandbag, shotgun, strong-arm, urge, wrest, wring

funny I find shove no where in there.

Also for someone claiming to be a christian you aren't acting very christ-like, purposely and maliciously trying to prove me wrong, and calling someone retarded.

and to the gentleman who told me to learn how to read,
You sure showed me with your bolding of the quote and that clever quip.

Valderama
11-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Also for someone claiming to be a christian you aren't acting very christ-like, purposely and maliciously trying to prove me wrong, and calling someone retarded.
Oh no! My supposed lack of faith has been exposed, alert the media!
Dear oh dear, you played the religion card.

alm0st a skat3r
11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
oh hey a bunch of religious nuts making generic metalcore about how awesome they think their religion is

lespaul1216
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
^ original, huh

saxaxe
11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
oh hey a bunch of religious nuts making generic metalcore about how awesome they think their religion is
But they're not named after a literary classic, so they'll never make it.

alm0st a skat3r
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
But they're not named after a literary classic, so they'll never make it.
that's what makes them legit. if they get huge they'd be exploited their religion for their personal gain

(i'm so pulling this out of my ass, but it sounds like it could be legit :haha: )

technicolour
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Ah, it would have been much better if he scream "I believe that Jesus lives"

*listens to band now*

omgfuckinggay

sorry for being harsh.

zezimathehero
11-30-2009, 09:07 PM
So if their page wasn't full of bible excerpts and their description wasn't full of them telling me to believe in their god, I might have actually listened to this band. However, I can't stand when bands preach to me, and I can't stand shitty christian metalcore in general, so **** it.

NY_FootBall49
11-30-2009, 09:57 PM
So if their page wasn't full of bible excerpts and their description wasn't full of them telling me to believe in their god, I might have actually listened to this band. However, I can't stand when bands preach to me, and I can't stand shitty christian metalcore in general, so **** it.

If there page wasn't so full of bible excerpts and their description wasn't so full of them telling me how much they believed in god I might have actually believed that they believed in God. Call me cynical but whatever. I hate being preached to about how you and your religion are so much better then me. If they really believed in god they wouldn't feel the need to put it every were. There are plenty of christian bands that don't.