Blacklisted

PDA

View Full Version : Blacklisted

handbanana
12-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Other threads had no activity at all.

Just got done listening to the new album "No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me" and I must say I enjoyed it. Although this album is very very different. They went towards more the kind of stuff done on heavier than heaven and then some. George sings the entire album, hardly any "screams". A lot more melodic stuff. An acoustic track. And a lot of slower songs. But lyrically it's pretty impressive, even for George, and thats saying a lot. My favorite songs were the title track and Skeletons. I think this album gonna be disliked by a lot of people to be honest, but i think its great. Can't say it's better than converge or iron age this year, but all in all a great album from a great band.

MustangMan311
12-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Please, please up this.

JxD
12-02-2009, 10:58 PM
I will download this before I buy it. That said, I hope it's good, We're Unstoppable and ...The Beat Goes On were crucial for me getting into hardcore and I used to really love this band until their last album. Nonetheless, I have high hopes.

handbanana
12-02-2009, 11:03 PM
some girl i know just randomly bbmed me and asked if i had heard it, 5 minutes later there i was getfiling it from her. I ordered the LP no more than 2 hours before.

Haymaker17
12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
reallyyyy cant wait to hear this

IcePh0enix
12-02-2009, 11:41 PM
****, my computer with iTunes is down, but as soon as it's back up I'm going to download this. Ordering the record tomorrow.

Manos15
12-03-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm gonna wait 'til I have a physical copy of the record before listening to it. I have high hopes though. I loved Heavier Than Heaven, so if this follows in its footsteps I'll be happy.

alm0st a skat3r
12-03-2009, 08:50 AM
some girl i know just randomly bbmed me and asked if i had heard it, 5 minutes later there i was getfiling it from her. I ordered the LP no more than 2 hours before.
pass it on i'm poor as ****

edit:

this. record. RULES!

IlikeTheSKA
12-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I want to hear this. Heavier Than Heaven was so ill. I had no idea they were even coming out with a new one.

TBC Guitarist
12-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Someone throw me a link? Need to download this.

EDIT: As someone who was never a fanboy of Blacklisted, I can appreciate what theyre trying to do, and I enjoy it a fair bit. It would be interesting to see them do this stuff live.

BGSM
12-04-2009, 06:31 AM
at the moment i'm kind of half loving it, half not... some of the vocal melodies are terrible and don't fit in (but I think after a few more listens I'll grow to it), but sonically it's like nothing I've heard before in a hardcore record. I love the dissonance in PIG and the feedback and general vibe of the record, and agree that the lyrics are really good.

this is coming from a we're unstoppable fan though, and it's a shitload difference from that and even from heavier than heaven. i can't stop listening though, so that's a good sign it'll grow on me...

Brendan.Pivin
12-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Just torrented it no money to buy, didnt listen to it yet though

BGSM
12-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I want to buy so much from Deathwish, but shipping + being poor = no purchase. My last purchase was Axe To Fall and Black Eye Blues plus a heap of shirts.

Haymaker17
12-06-2009, 11:27 PM
i dont know how i feel about this album yet, but i will say i really dig the first song.

GodofCheesecake
12-06-2009, 11:28 PM
I actually like the song Our Apartment is Always Empty. It's the only thing I've heard though.

Haymaker17
12-06-2009, 11:29 PM
I actually like the song Our Apartment is Always Empty. It's the only thing I've heard though.

ya thats the one im talking about. its actually pretty catchy, never thought i would say that about blacklisted lol

willingvictim
12-06-2009, 11:37 PM
not into it.

IlikeTheSKA
12-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Any links? Send them this way.

boffen
12-06-2009, 11:39 PM
I want to buy so much from Deathwish, but shipping + being poor = no purchase. My last purchase was Axe To Fall and Black Eye Blues plus a heap of shirts.

Haha, I've spent so much money there over the last two weeks it's unbelieveable. I literally bought every vinyl I really wanted, and so I think i'm at about 350 bucks. :D

handbanana
12-06-2009, 11:44 PM
i like the record, but george really is not that good of a singer

zezimathehero
12-06-2009, 11:50 PM
After the first song, I can safely say that the parts when they went "da da da da da" ruined it for me.

JxD
12-06-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not too crazy about this, I think I'm over Blacklisted.

BGSM
12-07-2009, 12:43 AM
i like the record, but george really is not that good of a singer

this is EXACTLY how i feel, i like some of the songs instrument-wise, but the vocals is what puts me off. he seems flat a lot of the time, and some of the melodys he came up with aren't that great either. i think his vocals sound the best on PIG.

handbanana
12-07-2009, 01:39 PM
second song sounds like nirvana

Manos15
12-07-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm gonna wait 'til I have a physical copy of the record before listening to it. I have high hopes though. I loved Heavier Than Heaven, so if this follows in its footsteps I'll be happy.
Ok, I lied. Just listened to it.

My first gripe is that 3 tracks are wasted on interludes that just aren't really interesting, and I can see myself skipping them in the future. Secondly, there are moments when you can tell the song would be much better if George could actually sing. I get to parts where I hear notes I wish he could hit, instead he comes across as rather monotone at points.

But I'm not that disappointed with the record. I feel it was a logical next step from Heavier Than Heaven. A lot of the songs (mainly the faster ones) work really well. And when I have the lyrics in front of me, I'm sure they'll be fantastic.

MustangMan311
12-07-2009, 06:46 PM
My first gripe is that 3 tracks are wasted on interludes that just aren't really interesting, and I can see myself skipping them in the future.
It is an EP, isn't it?

Manos15
12-07-2009, 07:59 PM
It is an EP, isn't it?
No, it's a full length.

saxaxe
12-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Downloading now. Scared to listen haha. George showed so much emotion when they played the new stuff live though.

BGSM
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
It is an EP, isn't it?

26 minutes i think?

MustangMan311
12-07-2009, 11:28 PM
No, it's a full length.
Well, that changes my outlook on the album. Poor release.

boffen
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
First listen: I like the opening track, the title track and Palisade. In all honesty it was better than I thought after reading this thread, but ff they had just skipped the interludes and sold it as a EP, it would be a much better release.

scaryfried
12-30-2009, 07:24 PM
anyone still listening to no one deserves? i keep going back to their old releases.

saxaxe
12-30-2009, 07:24 PM
The more I listen, the more I like the new album.

Manos15
12-30-2009, 08:31 PM
The more I listen, the more I like the new album.
qft

saxaxe
02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Burmp. I'm seeing this band Monday with Strike Anywhere, Pulling Teeth and Ruiner. Stoked. Anyone seen em recently? What's their setlist look like? More new than old?

MustangMan311
02-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Uh.
I'm seeing them Monday in Greensboro, NC with Advent and The Mongoloids.

Something's wrong here.

saxaxe
02-12-2010, 01:50 AM
WHOOPS. I meant sunday. My bad.

willingvictim
02-12-2010, 02:02 AM
this band sucks now

MustangMan311
02-12-2010, 02:04 AM
WHOOPS. I meant sunday. My bad.
Haha, good, good.

I'm actually really digging the new EP, and I'm stoked to see them. Especially if they play anything from Heavier Than Heaven.

willingvictim
02-12-2010, 02:09 AM
our youth is wasted and heavier than heaven are the shit.

MustangMan311
02-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Holy crap.

Saw Advent and Blacklisted last night at Legit Biz in Greensboro. Place is sooooo small, right in the middle of a neighborhood- There are houses on either side of it. Advent was amazing as usual, and I haven't seen many shows around here that intense / packed. The Greensboro hardcore scene is where it's at for NC- I haven't seen Charlotte's, but I'm sure they aren't like this.

Blacklisted was flawless- The sounded just like they do on the album, and had a great set list. Just as many people there for Advent as them, which I was stoked to see. They're kind of like the Weezer of hardcore, though- A bunch of skinny, older white dudes. Weird.

xCGTOWx
02-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Holy crap.

Saw Advent and Blacklisted last night at Legit Biz in Greensboro. Place is sooooo small, right in the middle of a neighborhood- There are houses on either side of it. Advent was amazing as usual, and I haven't seen many shows around here that intense / packed. The Greensboro hardcore scene is where it's at for NC- I haven't seen Charlotte's, but I'm sure they aren't like this.

Blacklisted was flawless- The sounded just like they do on the album, and had a great set list. Just as many people there for Advent as them, which I was stoked to see. They're kind of like the Weezer of hardcore, though- A bunch of skinny, older white dudes. Weird.

Such a fun show.

I was really impressed with that venue. Such a fun place.

The Mongoloids blew my ****ing mind though. Shit was soooo hard live.

MustangMan311
02-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Such a fun show.

I was really impressed with that venue. Such a fun place.

The Mongoloids blew my ****ing mind though. Shit was soooo hard live.

Yep, I'm definitely looking forward to more shows there. I really enjoyed it. Next time, I intend to not go by myself, though. Haha.

UntoExistence
02-18-2010, 12:55 AM
yea i heard about leg biz through giant/braveyoung (but i'm not from NC) and those are the kind of shows i like to go to, reminds me of the local scene back home

MustangMan311
02-18-2010, 12:59 AM
yea i heard about leg biz through giant/braveyoung (but i'm not from NC) and those are the kind of shows i like to go to, reminds me of the local scene back home
Yeah, Braveyoung played. It was the third time I've seen them, and they get better each time. I'm pretty sure they practice there, as well.

xCGTOWx
02-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Yep, I'm definitely looking forward to more shows there. I really enjoyed it. Next time, I intend to not go by myself, though. Haha.

Haha, I can't stand going to shows by myself. It's never as fun.

Of course I always end up seeing mad people I know, so it doesn't turn out that bad.

My backs still hurting from this show. Ughhh, where's the icy hot when I need it.

MustangMan311
02-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Haha, I can't stand going to shows by myself. It's never as fun.

Of course I always end up seeing mad people I know, so it doesn't turn out that bad.

My backs still hurting from this show. Ughhh, where's the icy hot when I need it.
Haha, who were you? I'm sure I saw you.

I had like ten people be like, "Dude, that's sick! Let's go!" and then of course they were all like, "Dude... I don't think I can go." Definitely sucked, but I had a killer time anyway.

xCGTOWx
02-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Haha, who were you? I'm sure I saw you.

I had like ten people be like, "Dude, that's sick! Let's go!" and then of course they were all like, "Dude... I don't think I can go." Definitely sucked, but I had a killer time anyway.

I was wearing a backwards cap and a Blood for Blood longsleeve. You probably did, haha.

And yea, that's how it usually goes with me and my friends. Pisses me off, haha. Especially if I planned on riding with them.

MustangMan311
02-18-2010, 11:10 PM
I was wearing a backwards cap and a Blood for Blood longsleeve. You probably did, haha.

And yea, that's how it usually goes with me and my friends. Pisses me off, haha. Especially if I planned on riding with them.
Yeah dude, before I got my license, it really sucked. And I don't know if I saw you or not- I remember the giant black dude with dreads, the asshole in the Death Before Dishonor shirt who does the same routine at every show I've seen him at, and then a guy I talked to for a while in a Terror shirt, haha. Oh well.

xCGTOWx
02-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah dude, before I got my license, it really sucked. And I don't know if I saw you or not- I remember the giant black dude with dreads, the asshole in the Death Before Dishonor shirt who does the same routine at every show I've seen him at, and then a guy I talked to for a while in a Terror shirt, haha. Oh well.

Yea, unfortunately for me I can't drive so I have to find rides everywhere. My fault though, haha.

But yea, I remember the big black dude. Not sure about the other guys, haha.

MustangMan311
06-05-2011, 11:25 PM
New material should be popping up eventually. One of the bands members was talking about a new album fairly recently online, so I'm pretty stoked about that. They're also playing with the War on Stage, Peace on Earth line up and playing that material for This is Hardcore this year, which is pretty cool. HTHLTG is still my favorite album, though!

SeveredSurvival
06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
^ Took the words right out of my mouth. HTHLTG is definitely my favorite release by them, from start to finish, flawless album.