Myspace or Facebook?

PDA

View Full Version : Myspace or Facebook?

jarred_kenny
12-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Alright, my band had a facebook fan page with about 200 fans, but we just changed our name to The Wait State, and I was wondering if I should make a new facebook page or make a myspace page?

Thanks
~jarred

notsominidude
12-23-2009, 09:52 AM
id make both if i wear you

Poglia
12-23-2009, 09:57 AM
id make both if i wear youMmm... :eek:

Anyway, yes, make both.

Zeppelin Addict
12-23-2009, 09:58 AM
both is the way to go just change the name on the fbook one and make a myspace.. the more youre out there the better

jarred_kenny
12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
I can't just change the name o the facebook one, I have to make a hole new one, but I shouldn't have a problem convincing the fans to become a fan again, and I guess I could use reverbnation to keep track of them both :)

GivingUp
12-23-2009, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't make a brand new Facebook, what I would do is just announce that you guys have a new name. People aren't gonna feel like "Becoming A Fan" for the new page. People are lazy! So just simply write on your current Facebook fan page, "Hey guys, I'd like to announce the we have a new name for our band. We are no longer known as the_______, we are officially the___________!!"

And yes, also get a Myspace page.

Hope that answers your question.

GivingUp
12-23-2009, 10:15 AM
I can't just change the name o the facebook one, I have to make a hole new one, but I shouldn't have a problem convincing the fans to become a fan again, and I guess I could use reverbnation to keep track of them both :)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that if you click on your "settings" button, then you can change your name.

I'm telling you, please listen, it's going to be very hard to get all 200 fans to become a fan of your new Facebook page. People are just lazy and they'll just be like, "Whatever, I know who they are. I'll just stay with the old page. Doesn't matter THAT much."

Trust me on that one. You're gonna have to reeeeally convince them to do it.

take_it_t
12-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Well you should have a MySpace also, doesn't make a lot of sense to only use one form of social media.

jarred_kenny
12-23-2009, 01:27 PM
alright, thanks for all the input :D

Alter-Bridge
12-24-2009, 01:15 AM
I do think you should make both, but Myspace has the opportunity for you to put your music online and for thousands of people to listen to it instantly and for free. Just keep that in mind.

JackFlash19
12-24-2009, 01:24 AM
BOTH. If you're changing your name, make a second myspace that has your old URL and tell people to go to the new URL/band name page. The especially helps if you've been around for a bit and there are links/articles/cds with your old name/url on it. Try to go through and re-add all your friends on your old page. You can change the myspace name/url also, so send out bulletins informing people of the change and for a while, I'd put (previously xxx) in the band name field. That way people that have you in their top friend lists will know along with their friends that see it.

Make a new facebook page and just invite everyone on your friend list. Go back and invite everyone on your old page also. Send out a message from the old fb page also letting everyone know of the change. They may get annoyed, but it's for their own good! If they like you and are interested it won't phase them. If they are annoyed enough to just hit 'ignore' then they probably weren't coming to your show anyway.

slipknot5678
12-24-2009, 02:41 AM
The obvious answer is both. If you do both more people will see it.

dlguitarmaster7
12-24-2009, 11:55 AM
both. but i personally like myspace better for band pages

eaton1012
12-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Have both, wider nets catch more fish if you know what I mean.