Female singer with brass

PDA

View Full Version : Female singer with brass

Ted Skolits
12-24-2009, 09:13 AM
I have a classic rock brass band. We now have a female singer. Can anybody recommend some recent rock/dance hits which feature female singer and brass. Only recent one I can think of is 'another man' by Christina Aguilerra. Help...

SilentHeaven109
12-24-2009, 04:37 PM
To be honest, the way you are thinking about this will probably limit your song choices. If I were you, I would just pick songs that you like and re-interpret them for your instruments, you will find that much more fun than searching for songs that you can cover note for note.

shortyafter
12-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Not sure about recent ones, but No Doubt had a good amount of hits back in the 90s with Gwen Stefani and brass.

Also, what the guy above me said is probably the best advice.

its_alive
12-24-2009, 06:59 PM
To be honest, the way you are thinking about this will probably limit your song choices. If I were you, I would just pick songs that you like and re-interpret them for your instruments, you will find that much more fun than searching for songs that you can cover note for note.

This.
It's not about reciting the song, its about transforming it to your style/instruments. What kind of brass instruments do you have though? Because you could try and do some ska (Spoon, Streetlight Manifesto) or possibly some funk (like Parliament).