Moving out of state

PDA

View Full Version : Moving out of state

GivingUp
12-25-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm gonna be moving this coming March to a different state (Chicago) to get my music career going. I really want to find some people to start a band with who are musically like-minded.

Anyway, long story short....what are some things that I need to do BEFORE I move, in terms of my music.

When I get there, I want to be on an independent label and get distributed. That's my main goal.

So what are some things that you think I should do while I'm still here? You know, to prepare?

H3llboy13
12-25-2009, 07:17 AM
look for a place to stay

speedy1330
12-25-2009, 01:49 PM
my future step brother works as a studio musician in chicago as a drummer, if you meet some guy named freddie who fits discription good luck

GivingUp
12-25-2009, 03:30 PM
can someone give me some better advice?

MartyredHero
12-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Become part of the local craigslist community there online, go to local shows, find a decent part time job with hours that fit a music schedule for practicing and gigging.

GoIrish668
12-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Well first of all, Chicago isn't a state, it's a city.

You should try to get familiar with the music scene there. Look online for popular places there that have live music and see what kind of music they play.

Pandawithapick
12-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Cool, I was actually planning on moving out to Chicago once I'm done with highschool . The advice I got from my teachers was to hang around recording studios and give them your name, getting to know people is the best way to get your name out.