Peavey 15w settings

PDA

View Full Version : Peavey 15w settings

metallica2296
12-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I just bought a new peavy 15w vyper because i wanted to b able to practic and still have a good amp on back up just incase. i wanted to no if u knew and good settings on the peavey for playing metal.

my main guitar is my Dean ml79 classic black custom.

Blaze/Detox
12-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I just got the 30. this site is pretty good for settings

http://geronigroove.free.fr/vypyr/?choice=select

Mason12309
12-27-2009, 02:04 PM
This is a great metal tone, especially for Metallica songs. Try this with Master Of Puppets, sounds great. (Maybe put up the Mids a bit for some other metal songs)

*With edit mode off*
Amp effect: JSX (red)
Effect: Bypass
Pre gain: Full
Low: 4
Med: Lowest
High: Full

*With edit mode on*
Pre gain: Full
Low: Full
Med: Lowest
High: Lowest
Post gain: 3

Mason12309
12-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Wow, thanks for the site Blaze/Detox!! It's great!!

Mitochondria9
12-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I find the JSX model too bassy.

Here's what I use mostly now.

6505 Model clean (green) with the Tube screamer pedal, EQ is 3/4 bass, 1/2 Mids, full treble, about 65% gain on the pedal. (Its a Peavey amp, I figure it does the 6505 model best anyway)

I also use the Krank model, clean with the tube screamer, same settings.

Scooped mids are of the devil, btw.

potatohead_33
12-27-2009, 04:54 PM
I pretty much have to use the tube screamer with the Vypyr with any kind of moderate gain, it's just way too bassy for me. I took off the little "bat wing" thing on the front too because it rattled. I actually prefer running my DS-1 into the cleanest setting on the Vypyr, but it does have some pretty good settings for classic hard rock/metal such as Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Sabbath etc. I don't find it does thrash very well, hence the external pedal. The JSX and XXX on the dirty channel and mid gain sounds pretty good.

Mitochondria9
12-27-2009, 05:01 PM
I pretty much have to use the tube screamer with the Vypyr with any kind of moderate gain, it's just way too bassy for me. I took off the little "bat wing" thing on the front too because it rattled. I actually prefer running my DS-1 into the cleanest setting on the Vypyr, but it does have some pretty good settings for classic hard rock/metal such as Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Sabbath etc. I don't find it does thrash very well, hence the external pedal. The JSX and XXX on the dirty channel and mid gain sounds pretty good.

Agreed, pretty much any of the modelers overdriven sound bassy as hell. Its much better to use the pedal setting.