New Band

PDA

View Full Version : New Band

willwelsh816
12-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Hi, my friends and I are thinking of starting a band. I've been practicing with a more than capable drummer, and I'm a well rounded guitarist, being in a former band myself. We are planning on asking one of our friends to play Keyboard, with some bass from the keyboard at the same time.

Both me and the drummer have perfected some simple songs from the band Blind Faith, because the band includes two of my favorite musicians. I love the guitar playing of Eric Clapton, and the Singing of Steve Winwood. The songs we have down already are "Sleeping in the Ground", "Can't Find My Way Home", "Had to Cry Today", and "Presence of the Lord." My singing on these songs is fine, and I practice my singing with my friend and I with my acoustic guitar(I'm not gonna yell over a damn set)

once we get some keys playing, he could fill in the empty space during solos, and add some depth to the sound, IF he decides to join. I have a question, is playing a bass line and something else on keys a pain in the ass, and if so, could it be a deal-breaker? The kid we are planning on asking is classically trained, but is doing something like we need, REALLY difficult?

Balmazer
12-29-2009, 12:57 AM
is doing something like we need, REALLY difficult?

Nope.

SomeoneYouKnew
12-29-2009, 02:09 PM
I have a question, is playing a bass line and something else on keys a pain in the ass, and if so, could it be a deal-breaker? The kid we are planning on asking is classically trained, but is doing something like we need, REALLY difficult?It's dead easy.

left hand - bass line. Right hand - chords to fill the space.

But that's only one possibility. If the bassline is complex, he can play that with his right hand on a separate keyboard and play the chords with his left.

OR he can play simple basslines with his feet on pedals and use both hands on his manual.

A UG friend of mine is doing a three-piece. Drums, Keys, Guitar.
It's working out great!
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/power-pirate/

its_alive
12-29-2009, 02:35 PM
That shouldn't be too difficult. Although I don't know that I've ever really seen much of that before.
Anyways, good luck.