Singer Sucks and nothing gets done

PDA

View Full Version : Singer Sucks and nothing gets done

bluesman913
01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Ive been with this band for a couple of months now, and the singer i have cant sing or even put the lyrics in the right rhythm to save his life. i've tried feeding him the words, helping him sing, teaching him for hours trying to get him to get it right, but he still comes in too early or too late, and he's off tone close to all the time. I cant kick him out, because he's got all the equipment that we use for practice. any tips or excerices to help improve his singing?

Also, this band is unruly and we can never focus, cause theres always something distracting them. So that way, nothing gets done. its rather aggravating. any tips on keeping band practice straight?

isaac_bandits
01-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Quit the band. If its his equipment, you can't get rid of him, and if your not happy with what's going on, then leave, get yourself some gear of your own, and then find other people to play with. Its only ever expected that you have gear for yourself.

its_alive
01-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Get your own equipment, and then kick him out.

chokmool
01-03-2010, 02:56 AM
What you are describing is not a band, and it probably never will be.

KurdtStaley
01-03-2010, 03:29 AM
lol yeah, sounds more like a few people using some spoiled talentless kid...

6stringbassist
01-03-2010, 06:55 AM
We kicked out our singer like that. Our rhythm guitarist quit guitar to take up vocals. We've never been better.

SomeoneYouKnew
01-03-2010, 12:12 PM
What you are describing is not a band, and it probably never will be.Bingo.

wowsux
01-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Teach him to play another instrument and you sing if you're so good at it. I can't believe you are using him just because he has equipment. And why does he have equipment if he sings? does he play an instrument? Why does he own all the equipment? I think you are lying.

Henkdemachtige
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Ive been with this band for a couple of months now, and the singer i have cant sing or even put the lyrics in the right rhythm to save his life. i've tried feeding him the words, helping him sing, teaching him for hours trying to get him to get it right, but he still comes in too early or too late, and he's off tone close to all the time. I cant kick him out, because he's got all the equipment that we use for practice. any tips or excerices to help improve his singing?

Also, this band is unruly and we can never focus, cause theres always something distracting them. So that way, nothing gets done. its rather aggravating. any tips on keeping band practice straight?

So what...You´re like the new hitler?

BamaMatt
01-05-2010, 01:12 PM
If the band sucks, find another band. If that one sucks, play by yourself for a while and network a little bit. Find other serious and/or talented musicians, not a bunch of knuckleheads who can't sing or play or both. I've been in good bands with bad singers, bad bands with good singers, and once a good band without a singer. Bottom line though, if you don't have one, get a day job and save money and buy your own equipment (unless of course your still in high school, then get a night time or summer job). Don't let equipment determine the members of your band. Cause I've met some shredders who play crappy guitars and have nothing more than a practice amp.

Roxor_Mc0wnage
01-05-2010, 01:17 PM
If you have a group of unruly, unfocused brigands and a singer who can't sing, you don't very much have a band do you?

Unfocused, unskilled, and uncommitted people together in room beating on wooden objects are no more a band than a pile of sawdust is a chair.

dst127
01-05-2010, 11:31 PM
So what...You´re like the new hitler?

Are you serious? Trying to run a band so that it doesn't suck does not make someone Hitler.

DayWalkerRocker
01-07-2010, 01:11 AM
yea i gotta tell ya. that happens around where i live. and i feel your pain. like im the guitarist and vocalist in this band that needs alot of work. we used to have practice once or twice a week a year ago when we were untalented. And then we took a break, and practiced all our native instruments during that time, we got better..and i started doing vocals too. now my bassist is in another, more serious band..and our drummer has a job, plenty of after school activities, and a girlfriend. now as hard as i try i cannot get the band to practice or at least be productive. by reading this thread it makes me think i should just quit..as much as i loved our band it probably cant happen. my point is, i do think maybe you should quit..or since the band problem revolves around the singer, just kick him out and try to get your own equipment. Because if all you need is equipment, then you dont need your singer to be a burden when youve finally got your own equipment.