Anyone hear of the brand "Borg?"

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear of the brand "Borg?"

cjeezy
01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone. I was hoping someone would be able to give me some information about a used guitar I just picked up from a guy for $100. I figured it was a cheapo when I heard the name of it...and the price however now that I have it home it looks like it is very well made (but just my opinion as I'm a beginner here lol). It is a "Borg." some info about it is: solid spruce top, mahogany sides and back, rosewood fretboard, chrome tuning pegs and large mother of pearl inlays on the fretboard and around the sound hole. When I look through the sound hole the label says:
top- "Quality Crafted Guitars."*
middle- "Borg." "MG777" then directly below that it is numbered at "xxxx"
Bottom- made in China*

Again I've never heard of this brand but for a hundred bucks grabbed it because of the quality. If anyone has any insight on it I'd appreciate it. *

selibucaz
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
... dont tell anyone your serial number or else someone can claim it is theirs and when you go to re-sell / some one reads this they can claim it as a stolen good. (it appears you have listed your seriel number)

Edit,: if you hit the edit part you can remove that number.
Double edit not the MG777 but the other one.

cjeezy
01-03-2010, 10:20 PM
... dont tell anyone your serial number or else someone can claim it is theirs and when you go to re-sell / some one reads this they can claim it as a stolen good. (it appears you have listed your seriel number)

Edit,: if you hit the edit part you can remove that number.
Double edit not the MG777 but the other one.

Thanks for the info. I bought it legitimately, but I didn't ask for a receipt :(. I removed the number as suggested just to be safe

cjeezy
01-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I also attached a couple pics of the guitar also...I don't think it was from Home Depot lol but who knows. It sounds pretty darn good IMO!