How do YOU organize your gigs

PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU organize your gigs

Lt.DanHasLegs
01-04-2010, 01:38 PM
What is your step by step if you decided today to get your band another gig. My band's been thinking about it, we don't have as many gigs as we'd like. We email the venues in our area and talk to bands we're friends with... but I feel like that's too passive. There's the option of organizing your own, which actually did on our most recent one and it went really well. But is there something I'm missing. What do you do when you want a gig?

guitarvinnie
01-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Call one of our "friend" bands and ask if we can open for them for like one set, so we can impress the bar owner and then the owner may possibly book us in the future. (but we do this because we are relatively new in town)

BlitzkriegAir
01-04-2010, 01:44 PM
my band usually will request to open for another band, go to a bar and ask to play, or if we just wanna make a quick buck we throw down for a basement show and have a party/show in someones house

eyebanez333
01-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Call one of our "friend" bands and ask if we can open for them for like one set, so we can impress the bar owner and then the owner may possibly book us in the future. (but we do this because we are relatively new in town)

+1

I've lucked out in my current band because our lead singer used to play bass in a fairly successful local band, so he has lots of connections with venues and promoters.