Punk & Ska Forum Punx Covers Project Thread

PDA

View Full Version : Punk & Ska Forum Punx Covers Project Thread

Pages : [1] 2

axeslash
01-13-2010, 10:30 PM
PROJECT FINISHED!
Download at this thread!:http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1295555

For this project I will use this thread to get a handle on the bands being covered, the songs being covered, and setting up everything else necessary.

Rules of Engagement for this compilation of covers:
1. No song can be covered twice. If two people wanna do one you guys are gonna have to work it out.
2. Call dibs on a song here. That way we don't have any confusion.
3. You can do as many covers as you want. This isn't an official compilation, this is an internetz compilation. Many fun and bizarre things will occur and I like that.
4. You can collaborate on songs. No reason not to.
5. First person to suggest a Gallows cover is instantly banned from the punk forum forever. Yes I have that power. no i don't
6. Cover any band you want that is punk. Green Day, Blink-182, or any other bands of this nature are not allowed as they are not tr00 punx bands. you still can't cover gallows
7. Covers can be acoustic, electronic, or whatever.
8. My e-mail is holmzito@yahoo.com and you can send me the files that way. Or PM me a link. Whatever. Just get me a file.

I will probably be editing the fuck out of this thread so keep coming back for more info.

As it stands, these are the bands and songs. Any band with a blank thing under it was mentioned in the other thread but hasn't been finalized. We don't have to do it, I'm just doing this for organization reasons.

OFFICIAL LIST, YO

Bad Religion
Do What You Want (iwannabesedated)
**** Armageddon This Is Hell! (occub)
God's Love (TheReverend724)
You (TheReverend724)
1000 More Fools (captain_jack)

Black Flag
Nervous Breakdown (mack56)

The Briefs
Soozy (SuperBlob)

The Clash
Complete Control (SuperBlob)
The Card Cheat (Jett Diamond)
Rock the Casbah (werty22)

Crass
Do They Owe Us A Living? (RockThe40oz)
End Result (neirdnarb11890)
You've Got Big Hands (mack56)

Dead Kennedys
Forward to Death (werty22)
Ill In The Head (pinheadslts75)

Descendents
Good Good Things (charliezard)
Hope (axeslash)
Myage (element4433)
Talking (I_Pwn)

The Ergs!
Kind Of Like Smitten(molly bee)

Fugazi
Waiting Room (loudog93)

The Germs
Forming (werty22)

J Church
The Track (RizzoWashburn)

Jawbreaker
Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault (GoodCharloteSux)
Bivouac (charliezard!)
Boxcar (Greenfinger182)
Chesterfield King (RizzoWashburn)
Fine Day (SuperBlob)
Fireman (axeslash)
Indictment (Greenfinger182)
Jinx Removing (nashawa)
Kiss the Bottle (captain_jack)
Unlisted Track (Misspentyouth

Lemuria
Pants (molly bee)

Loikaemie
Good Night White Pride (lavazza)

The Misfits
Attitude (Greenfinger182)
Halloween (werty22)
Hollywood Babylon (BrianApocalypse)
Some Kind Of Hate (BrianApocalypse)

New York Dolls
Looking For A Kiss (Jett Diamond

P.S. Eliot
We'd Never Agree (molly bee)

Pöbel&Gesocks
Pöbel&Gesocks (lavazza)

The Queers
**** This World (Leonheart)

Ramones
Blitzkrieg Bop (lavazza)
Havana Affair (neidnarb11890)
I Wanna Be Sedated (iwannabesedated)
Locket Love (charliezard!)
Teenage Lobotomy (werty22)
We're A Happy Family (pinheadslts75)
You Should Have Never Opened That Door (SuperBlob)

Rawside
Es herrscht Krieg (lavazza)

Schleimkeim
Mach dich doch selbst kaputt (lavazza)

Screeching Weasel
Dingbat (ballsyguitar116)

Slime
Deutschland (lavazza)
Legal, Illegal, Scheißegal (lavazza)

Skrewdriver
White Power (werty22)

The Subhumans
Intro (lavazza)

Ton Steine Scherben
Keine Macht für niemand (lavazza)

Volxsturm
Biertrinken ist wichtig (lavazza)

Vorkriegsjugend
Vaterland (lavazza)

RizzoWashburn
01-13-2010, 10:33 PM
I'll tentatively do Chesterfield King by Jawbreaker. I should have some free time this weekend to record.

loudog93
01-13-2010, 10:37 PM
i would be fine with collaborating with somebody on in waiting room by fugazi.

RockThe40oz
01-13-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd say the multiple of 3 rule is silly. you're more likely to get 4-5 than 6 or 9... and 3 seems far too low.

axeslash
01-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I'd say the multiple of 3 rule is silly. you're more likely to get 4-5 than 6 or 9... and 3 seems far too low.It's a tad silly. Making it a multiple of 2 sounds far more reasonable.

RULE CHANGE IN EFFECT NOW: MULTIPLES OF 2 INSTEAD OF THREE.

neidnarb11890
01-13-2010, 10:53 PM
I'll do "End Result" by Crass

RockThe40oz
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
I'll do "End Result" by Crass
I'll do "Do they owe us a living?"

I'm pretty happy with my acoustic version of it, so why not share it?

EDIT: By the way, end result is one of my top 10 favorite songs by them (maybe even top 5), so good choice.

axeslash
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
You already got a recording of it?

lolmnt
01-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Jawbreaker - Indictment
Descendents - Myage

RockThe40oz
01-13-2010, 11:39 PM
You already got a recording of it?
I might have a youtube video of it up from a show I did a while back? I don't know... but I don't have a proper recording of it, and I'm likely to change it a little from what I did before anyways.
EDIT: Just checked and I don't even have a video of it. I'll do it within a week of when i get back from Mexico. I've been aching to use my new recording sh*t anyways.

nashawa
01-13-2010, 11:51 PM
I could do Jinx Removing by Jawbreaker.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but...

I_Pwn
01-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Eh. I'll do Talking by The Descendents.

pinheadslts75
01-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Ill in the Head by Dead Kennedys
We're a Happy Family by The Ramones

I'll apologize ahead of time for the crappy sounding keyboard drums.

neidnarb11890
01-14-2010, 12:35 AM
Oh, we can do more than one?

In that case sign me up for "Havana Affair" by the Ramones.

axeslash
01-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Shit I should have said something about being able to do more than one. Let me fix that.

EDIT: I call Hope. I don't know why I didn't earlier.

SuperBlob
01-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Complete Control - The Clash
Soozy - The Briefs
You Should Have Never Opened That Door - The Ram Gnomes
Fine Day - Jawbreaker (It'll be better than the one on my profile, don't worry :p:)

lavazza
01-14-2010, 07:28 AM
As I´ll only do songs that are playable with a guitar and just a guitar and without vox, I´ll do:

The Subhumans - Intro (of the From the Cradle to the Grave Album)
or
Link Wray - Rumble

EDIT:
What about co-working? As I can only play the guitar in my flat, what about recording it with a metronome and sending it to an interested person who plays the drums or bass or horns or the jug or sings and he plays over it? So if anyone´s interested, tell me....
I know that division of work is the fundament of capitalism, so no comments about that

axeslash
01-14-2010, 11:23 AM
The division of work is the foundation of getting anything done. "DIY or don't." That's my motto.

So yeah we can just get someone to record something, send it to someone else, and then they can record something to accompany it, and someone can mix it together.

BrianApocalypse
01-14-2010, 11:33 AM
I'll do 'Hollywood Babylon' by the Misfits, to start off with.

Jett Diamond
01-14-2010, 02:06 PM
I'd do The Card Cheat by the Clash.

And axe, are we restricted to those bands? Like, suggestions are over? Just wondering

axeslash
01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Suggestions aren't over, I just did that in anticipation of what people wanted to do. Do whatever bands you guys want. This is a very open project. Gonna modify the instructions a little more.

Jett Diamond
01-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Suggestions aren't over, I just did that in anticipation of what people wanted to do. Do whatever bands you guys want. This is a very open project. Gonna modify the instructions a little more.
o for reel? That's awesome! Thanks Matthew.

I may want to submit Looking for a Kiss by the New York Dolls, but I have a pretty good electric cover of White Light / White Heat laying around...hm. I'm still in on the Card Cheat though. That song's pretty fun to play.

Greenfinger182
01-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Does the recording have to be due to this contest, or can we submit covers we've already done?

If we can, I'll take Attitude by the Misfits.

werty22
01-14-2010, 04:45 PM
It's a tad silly. Making it a multiple of 2 sounds far more reasonable.

RULE CHANGE IN EFFECT NOW: MULTIPLES OF 2 INSTEAD OF THREE.
Why do we need multiples of anything? I think as long as we have at least 4-ish songs for each band it should be fine.

I can throw in the Halloween (Misfits) cover I did a few months ago. Maybe my Forming (Germs) cover too, if there's an interest in a Germs "EP."

I'm not ready to commit to anything yet but here are some songs I'm thinking of.

Teenage Lobotomy
Forward to Death
Rock the Casbah/Should I Stay or Should I Go

And some others. But those are the ones I'm leaning toward. So dibs.

I don't know how much time I'll have for this though. I actually have school work this semester, and I think I'll have band practice this weekend. Plus I have no internets at home atm. But I'm sure I'll find time for at least one song.

Rancid Ivy
01-14-2010, 04:49 PM
If only I had a band, then I could cover We're Only Gunna die From Our Own Arrogance by Bad Religion :(

werty22
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
If only I had a band, then I could cover We're Only Gunna die From Our Own Arrogance by Bad Religion :(
Why not just use softsynths like me? :p:

Rancid Ivy
01-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Why not just use softsynths like me? :p:

Cuz I suck at it ;)

werty22
01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Cuz I suck at it ;)
All you gotta do is import the MIDI from a Guitar Pro file or something. It's a heck of a lot easier than recording a band.

iwannabesedated
01-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I'll take Do What You Want by Bad Religion if that's alright with everyone.

Jett Diamond
01-14-2010, 05:18 PM
All you gotta do is import the MIDI from a Guitar Pro file or something. It's a heck of a lot easier than recording a band.
buddy could you PM me about softsynth and how that sheeet works?

iwannabesedated
01-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I think I might just do my namesake too. I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones.

lavazza
01-14-2010, 05:38 PM

I´ll just type some songs into guitar pro and convert it to midi and have my cover.....

If we use already done covers, I can donate:

Schleimkeim - Mach dich doch selbst kaputt
Ton Steine Scherben - Keine Macht für niemand
Vorkriegsjugend - Vaterland
Loikaemie - Good Night White Pride
Slime - Deutschland
Slime - Legal, Illegal, Scheißegal
Pöbel&Gesocks - Pöbel&Gesocks
Volxsturm - Biertrinken ist wichtig
Rawside - Es herrscht Krieg
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

axeslash
01-14-2010, 05:44 PM
I've got Integral Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, and Java II as a class.

None of you get to complain about school taking up your time.

fgts.

lavazza
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
I forgot to say that we should let this go for more than a months, as I have to write 2 tests, on long work at home and two essays.

occub
01-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Bad Religion- **** Armageddon this is hell & Do what you want

SuperBlob
01-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I've got Integral Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, and Java II as a class.

None of you get to complain about school taking up your time.

fgts.
Not even me, with this timetable? (http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/timetable/timetable.php?year=2009&timetable=SPLUS4CE9B3-2009)

nashawa
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Not even me, with this timetable? (http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/timetable/timetable.php?year=2009&timetable=SPLUS4CE9B3-2009)
Dude, you get an entire weekend off?
I only get Sundays :sad:

lavazza
01-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Dude, you get an entire weekend off?
I only get Sundays :sad:

did I mention that my weekend goes from
Thursday 12 am - Monday 4 pm?

nashawa
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Damn you all. 6 days of school is no fun.

axeslash
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Okay since we have school this isn't going to be a 1 week or 2 week project. More than a month sounds completely fair.

Also Rob your schedule does not impress me at all.

GoodCharloteSux
01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault- Jawbreaker

if theres too many Jawbreaker songs I can do a fugazi

RockThe40oz
01-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm just going to record a few random covers... and if you guys end up with an EP of one of the bands I happened to pick, I'll throw it in.

But as far as bands already listed, I'm still in for Do They Owe Us a Living?
I might also do Gasman Cometh by CRASS and Subvert City by Subhumans (because I started both of those projects but never ended up finishing them... so this is a good excuse to do so)

EDIT: I actually should just get around to doing my entire CRASS acoustic cover CD I was talking about doing forever... Jeffrey Lewis sucked at it. His cover of Gasman Cometh is f*cking boooooooring.

ballsyguitar116
01-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I wanna do dingbat by screeching weasel! Anyone care to collaborate?

captain_jack
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I'd like to call dibs on Kiss the Bottle by Jawbreaker and 1000 More Fools by Bad Religion.

axeslash
01-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Does the recording have to be due to this contest, or can we submit covers we've already done?

If we can, I'll take Attitude by the Misfits.I'm terribly sorry I missed your post. Yeah covers we've already done is fine. I want more covers, when they were recorded is irrelevant.

RockThe40oz
01-14-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm terribly sorry I missed your post. Yeah covers we've already done is fine. I want more covers, when they were recorded is irrelevant.
Also, it's not a contest.

iwannabesedated
01-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Did you notice my choosing of I Wanna Be Sedated by the Ramones?

I don't see me on the front page for that one.

axeslash
01-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Also, please send me any file once you complete it to my PM's so I can keep track of what has been finished.

sargasm
01-14-2010, 11:40 PM
I was thinking of contributing but then I realized I would probably get lazy and never do it.

axeslash
01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Why you gotta be like that?

sargasm
01-15-2010, 12:11 AM
I hardly make musics ever anymore! I might give it a shot... if I start doing it I'll call the song but not until I actually get started.

RockThe40oz
01-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Also, please send me any file once you complete it to my PM's so I can keep track of what has been finished.
I promise to have at least one by the end of next week.

lavazza
01-15-2010, 07:41 AM
:haha Matt I never thought you´d write down the covers I´ve already done anyway I doubt that anybody will make enough other songs of the bands

werty22
01-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I made backing tracks for Forward to Death and Teenage Lobotomy yesterday. So now I just need an opportunity to record the vocals. :)

I most likely won't do either of the Clash songs I mentioned earlier, but I'm beginning to consider doing a NY Dolls song.

buddy could you PM me about softsynth and how that sheeet works?
Done.

Edit: I just read the list. Axe is covering Jawbreaker? Whaaa? :wtf:

Also, we need more Dead Kennedys.

SuperBlob
01-15-2010, 05:46 PM
I would do a Dead Kennedys song, but all the ones I want to do involve swearing.

Which I don't do, 'cause I'm a good boy.

:sad:

Also, sign me up for Chatterbox by NYDolls as well

GoodCharloteSux
01-15-2010, 06:13 PM
whats with the whole snubbing me off the list thing?

TheReverend724
01-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Bad Religion - You or God's Love

Mack56
01-15-2010, 09:39 PM
All i really need to do for my black flag cover is the vocals.

here's a teaser.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3905265/Nervous.mp3

RizzoWashburn
01-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Awesome! What did you use for the drums?

Mack56
01-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Midi from guitar pro and EZDrummer.

axeslash
01-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Okay so I originally planned on doing a series of "mini-EP's" so that I could garner enough interest for people to record stuff but to also get a little cohesion. I didn't think you guys would be so into this.

So yeah, RULE CHANGE, cover whatever you want. No multiples of 2, you guys have committed to this way more than I thought we could. I'm proud of all of you :D

Also I'm excited for mack's cover :D

And I'm sorry GoodCharloteSux I thought I put you in there.

ballsyguitar116
01-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh, I wasn't calling Dingbat just yet. I mostly just wanted to see if anyone would do it with me. I just need drums for it seeing as I don't own a set.

GoodCharloteSux
01-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Jumped on my Kit today, got the drum's down, the rest should be cake, if anyone wants to volunteer for vocals instead of me having to man up, then PLEASE speak now!

nashawa
01-16-2010, 12:32 AM
Jumped on my Kit today, got the drum's down, the rest should be cake, if anyone wants to volunteer for vocals instead of me having to man up, then PLEASE speak now!
I could try for you.

axeslash
01-16-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm transcribing the drums for Hope right now.

It's so painfully easy that I don't know why I didn't do this as a young lad.

neidnarb11890
01-16-2010, 01:11 AM
I never could've transcribed drums as a young lad, but now that I've been playing with a drummer for almost three years I can pick out drum parts pretty well. I've learned a lot just from watching. I can't actually play anything though, because I lack hand-foot coordination, and don't have my own set to practice on. Which means I'll be implementing computerized drums for my covers!

If I can lay down enough beats in GuitarPro between now and the date I intend on recording, I'll throw in a bunch more covers. I'll get back to you in the coming week(s) about any more I intend to record.

axeslash
01-16-2010, 01:15 AM
God I love Guitar Pro. I can just make my own drums, put the midi through a program and BAM! perfect sounding drums. Now I don't even have to deal with drummers anymore.

neidnarb11890
01-16-2010, 01:30 AM
What program? Let me in on yr secrets!

nashawa
01-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I use the protools drumkits, but, I'm guessing that that isn't a viable option for most people :/

I know very little about free software.

RockThe40oz
01-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Okay so I originally planned on doing a series of "mini-EP's" so that I could garner enough interest for people to record stuff but to also get a little cohesion. I didn't think you guys would be so into this.

So yeah, RULE CHANGE, cover whatever you want. No multiples of 2, you guys have committed to this way more than I thought we could. I'm proud of all of you :D

Also I'm excited for mack's cover :D

And I'm sorry GoodCharloteSux I thought I put you in there.
Good job taking credit for my idea f*ckface

axeslash
01-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Good job taking credit for my idea f*ckfaceWell I just thought everyone would go "WAAAA WAAAA WE AREN'T DOING IT MY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAH" but it turns out that very few people here are being pricks about it.

RockThe40oz
01-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Just meeeee blarggghhhh

axeslash
01-16-2010, 01:51 AM
I used to use EzDrummer but then my hard drive died and I didn't install it again. I used FL Studio for some reason... my friend made me get the program but I hate techno.

RockThe40oz
01-16-2010, 01:55 AM
I'd be very surprised if we got even half of the dedications fulfilled.

So what's the plan now? What happens if we finish a song? Is there a deadline? What will the final format be? Can we do an all-original song compilation in the future?

nashawa
01-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Can we do an all-original song compilation in the future?
I like this idea. The metal and core forums do this, so...

axeslash
01-16-2010, 03:14 AM
Quit naysaying Steve. It's getting kind of cuntish.

So anyways no deadline. We're all busy. At least some of us.

Submit the song in any sound format because I can just convert it to mp3. No worries.

TheReverend724
01-16-2010, 03:40 AM
I need to figure out how to record my drums

The Rock Band mic I use for guitar and vocals probably isn't gonna cut it :(

charliezard!
01-16-2010, 01:28 PM
I need to figure out how to record my drums

The Rock Band mic I use for guitar and vocals probably isn't gonna cut it :(

I just bought these, and they work very well for drums and guitar.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/CAD-CM217-Condenser-Mic-Buy-One-Get-One-FREE?sku=271324

also, it says that it comes with 1 free mic cable, but they gave me 5 for some reason :eek:

TheReverend724
01-16-2010, 01:36 PM
:eek:

Damn, I might have to get these

BrianApocalypse
01-16-2010, 01:50 PM
I got my song done today, just have to do a guitar track and upload it.

BrianApocalypse
01-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Ok, I put the rough thing of it on my UG profile for now:

The Misfits - Hollywood Babylon (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BrianApocalypse/music/all/play768869)

axeslash
01-16-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't know if I fucked something up but I can't see the song Mat.

charliezard!
01-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't know if I fucked something up but I can't see the song Mat.

I assumed it was a joke...

Greenfinger182
01-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Just to put it out there since there was no response last time, but if you want the Misfits cover of Attitude in my profile, I'm more than willing to lend it :shrug:

axeslash
01-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Send me the original. I'd love to have it.

I WOULD LOVE IT SO HARD.

Greenfinger182
01-16-2010, 05:25 PM
I may missed this somewhere, but do you have an email you can give me to send it to? From what I can tell you can't attach files via UG PM. In other words, I just tried and failed to see any attach button.

axeslash
01-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Alrighty, just send it to holmzito@yahoo.com

Greenfinger182
01-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks. It should be there, buddy.

axeslash
01-16-2010, 06:11 PM
IT BETTER BE

EDIT: Yeah I got it. This is quite enjoyable.

BrianApocalypse
01-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Sorry, it didn't upload properly (presumably, because my software records at 48kHz, and I forgot to bounce it down at the CD standard of 44.1) :bonk:

Which is weird because my MP3 player records audio at at like 11kHz and that uploads fine...

I'll finish it tomorrow/monday and email it over.

axeslash
01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
That makes me happy :D

charliezard!
01-17-2010, 12:25 AM
put me down for Bivouac

edit: I mean... I'm gonna try it. I can't promise it though.

pinheadslts75
01-17-2010, 03:00 AM
My wrist is sort of ****ed up right now, so I'll get back to work once I can painlessly play guitar.

Thinking of doing Ill in the Head as an acoustic and We're a Happy Family full electric.

charliezard!
01-17-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure how well Bivouac is gonna turn out, so I might not submit it. I'm wanna do Locket Love by The Ramones though.

nashawa
01-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Thinking of doing Ill in the Head as an acoustic
I did this and it turned out really well. And I suck, so...

BrianApocalypse
01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Misfits - Some Kinda Hate (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BrianApocalypse/music/all/play772924)

Here's an upload of one of them.

They're not very good, but hey, it's a laugh innit?

(I found 'Some Kinda Hate' as well, sending them to Holmes right now.)

BrianApocalypse
01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Misfits - Hollywood Babylon (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BrianApocalypse/music/all/play772949)

I should be able to upload "Glad to see ya go" by the Ramones tomorrow, too. :)

axeslash
01-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Fun stuff. Thanks Mat.

RizzoWashburn
01-18-2010, 12:08 AM
So I'm unbelievably busy right now what with midterms next week and all. Would somebody be kind enough to write out the MIDI drums for Chesterfield King for me? It would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to record guitar/bass/vocals as soon as possible.

axeslash
01-18-2010, 01:28 AM
We need more drummers on this website.

Who knew drummers were actually important to music?

nashawa
01-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Well, they can still be replaced by technology more easily than other musicians...

charliezard!
01-18-2010, 01:38 AM
We need more drummers on this website.

Who knew drummers were actually important to music?

If there was a drummer in this forum, he'd have like 100 PMs right now asking him to record their drum track.

TheReverend724
01-18-2010, 03:18 AM
I'm a drummer, but I'm more clueless than you

Put me in front of recording equipment, and it's probably going to end up broken :haha:

Leonheart
01-18-2010, 03:41 AM
Well I can't have -------- under The Queers. Sign me up for fuck this world, Matthew my man.

axeslash
01-18-2010, 04:19 AM
:D

Can do my good man.

TN_BOOTBOY
01-18-2010, 07:37 AM
So are you wanting actual recordings of these songs? My band covers New Age by Blitz, For You by Anti Nowhere League, Situations by Slaughter And The Dogs and one or two more that we haven't played in a long time and I can't think of right now because I'm old and my memory is goin. :D

RockThe40oz
01-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Look who crawled out of the retirement home.

TN_BOOTBOY
01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
:D Did you guys miss me?

iwannabesedated
01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm probably going to do guitar, bass, and vocals and get my good friend to play drums. The recordings will be done in the punk rock style of on a shitty recorder and mixed on a computer program I downloaded illegally.

SuperBlob
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
...what the shit?

So apparently my amp doesn't like my guitar or something.

It's...it's ticking.

What the ****.

So yeah, no recording until I figure out what the crap is going on.

GoodCharloteSux
01-18-2010, 03:16 PM
I could try for you.
cool when I get it record it, Ill master it with no vocals then you can try it out see if its something youd be willing to do!

nashawa
01-18-2010, 03:25 PM
cool when I get it record it, Ill master it with no vocals then you can try it out see if its something youd be willing to do!
I already know the song really well, so if you could send it to me, that'd be rad.

GoodCharloteSux
01-18-2010, 04:40 PM
cool I should have it done by the end of this week!

axeslash
01-18-2010, 04:55 PM
So are you wanting actual recordings of these songs? My band covers New Age by Blitz, For You by Anti Nowhere League, Situations by Slaughter And The Dogs and one or two more that we haven't played in a long time and I can't think of right now because I'm old and my memory is goin. :DYeah, I'm looking for actual recordings.

So if you've got any, send 'em my way cap'n.

captain_jack
01-18-2010, 05:08 PM
...what the shit?

It's...it's ticking.

What the ****.

So yeah, no recording until I figure out what the crap is going on.

Do you wear your watch on your picking hand, by any chance? I do, and if it gets too close to the pickups then the ticking comes through the amp.

axeslash
01-18-2010, 05:10 PM
...what the shit?

It's...it's ticking.

What the ****.

So yeah, no recording until I figure out what the crap is going on.Your Amp Is A Pipe Bomb.

SuperBlob
01-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Do you wear your watch on your picking hand, by any chance? I do, and if it gets too close to the pickups then the ticking comes through the amp.
I used to have a watch, but I lost it :sad:

So no >_>

It also gives out a load of feedback, and the actual guitar's really quiet and isn't giving anywhere near the sound it should.

RizzoWashburn
01-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Use a different cable.

lavazza
01-18-2010, 07:23 PM
a solder joint in the female connecter of the guitar might be cold, screw it out and look inside, it happened like 4 times till now with my guitar

axeslash
01-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Tom send me your covers!

RockThe40oz
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
It's all a trick! He just wants them to horde them forever and never share with anybody!

BrianApocalypse
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM

F*ck me.

And for the record, f*ck yes.

How yer been?

lavazza
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Tom send me your covers!

you just want my mail adress to send me silly viagra mails :mad:

tomorrow you´ll have it

werty22
01-18-2010, 07:52 PM
I finished Forward to Death and Teenage Lobotomy Saturday. I was gonna submit them as soon as I got internet access again (which was like 15 minutes ago), but now I think I'll just wait until I know I'm done with this project.

I just got started on Sunday Morning (Velvet Underground) on a whim. But I don't know if I should submit it because I don't know if it's punx enough. If Jett submits his White Light White Heat maybe I'll finish it up.

On the subject of drums, I use samples I made myself. I snapped my fingers for the snare, stomped for the kick, and made "tss tss tss" noises for the cymbals. *-)

SuperBlob
01-18-2010, 08:08 PM
a solder joint in the female connecter of the guitar might be cold, screw it out and look inside, it happened like 4 times till now with my guitar
I'd do that if I knew what it meant :p:

And I've got two cables, both with the same problem. I'll probably buy a new one anyway though, 'cause those kept cutting out when I was at home and using the amp with ma Gretsch

werty22
01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I would do a Dead Kennedys song, but all the ones I want to do involve swearing.

Which I don't do, 'cause I'm a good boy.

:sad:
I'm not in the habit of cussin' either, but I did "Forward to Death" anyway. You could just replace the naughty words with something else. :shrug:

Turns out the Sunday Morning thing I was working on has no potential, so I'll just go ahead and PM the ones I'm done with.

axeslash
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM

Cameron did you ever hear the NoMeansNo a capella version of Forward To Death? It's pretty exciting hearing all the instruments done with vocals. And those guys are really tight, so it's way more entertaining than it should be.

werty22
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I heard that a few months ago. It's pretty cool.

axeslash
01-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Cameron these covers are great.

And is that your real voice or do you just process that stuff?

werty22
01-18-2010, 09:44 PM
It's shifted down 3 semitones.

I lol at the thought of that being my real voice. That would be kind of creepy.

axeslash
01-18-2010, 09:47 PM
I've heard more surprising things.

EDIT: Your voice sounds neat :3

werty22
01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Is it noticeable that I faked my way though some of the lyrics on the DK song?

axeslash
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Is it noticeable that I faked my way though some of the lyrics on the DK song?Not really.

werty22
01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
k koo

molly bee
01-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I want to doooo
We'd Never Agree by P.S. Eliot
Pants by Lemuria
and Kind Of Like Smitten by the Ergs!

they're all going to be acoustic and really, really bad.

nashawa
01-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey! You stole my idea! doing terrible acoustic covers is my thing!

MisspentYouth
01-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I want to doooo
We'd Never Agree by P.S. Eliot
Pants by Lemuria
and Kind Of Like Smitten by the Ergs!

omg me too

I'm still tryin' to find time to work on my lonely cover. If I feel confident enough I might do another :shrug:

lavazza
01-19-2010, 05:03 AM
I'd do that if I knew what it meant :p:

And I've got two cables, both with the same problem. I'll probably buy a new one anyway though, 'cause those kept cutting out when I was at home and using the amp with ma Gretsch

lose the screws that hold the "hole" in the guitar into which you put the cable and look inside, you´ll see two cables and one might not be linked to anything.......I might not know how to say this technical shit in English (STEVE!) though yesterday the teacher at uni said, that we were the best english course he ever had at that institute

TN_BOOTBOY
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
F*ck me.

And for the record, f*ck yes.

How yer been?
Just gettin by in this great and wonderful economy. I'm wonderin where the change Obama was talkin about is. Cause my ass is starvin lately.

BostonLacrosse
01-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I wish i had some recording gear, even my laptop mic has shit the bed for some reason or another, i would probably only do some shitty folk-punk covers though..can't wait to hear everyone elses shit though

RizzoWashburn
01-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Put me down for The Track by J Church too. I was procrastinating when I was supposed to be studying and ended up doing the MIDI for the drums. I'll probably do the rest of it tomorrow after exams or Friday morning.

axeslash
01-19-2010, 09:35 PM

Awesome my man. Punk is way better than school.

Mack56
01-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Anyone wanna sing "You've got big hands" for me?

no lie, shit's too fast for me.

nashawa
01-21-2010, 12:00 AM
K, So this is what my cover is going to sound like, except without the gigantic lyric blunder, and it'll be a little less pitchy (oh, and have better quality).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPFY5Y7mKEI

RockThe40oz
01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
First attempt at recording was a failure last night. Between learning to setup my new equipment, messing with every knob, switch and doodad, and trying to get my equipment to play nice with software, I spent about 2 1/2 hours and didn't get a single thing recorded. Tonight might work out better.

Mack56
01-21-2010, 04:48 PM
What kind of recording setup/software you working with?

GoodCharloteSux
01-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Im done with Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault so Nashawa if you want a shot at vocals, Ill send you a megaupload link,

RockThe40oz
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
What kind of recording setup/software you working with?
An ART pre-amp/compressor/EQ with a cheap m-audio fast track USB interface and the Session software that came with it.

I've got everything set up fine (and can monitor sound through the interface with headphones), except the software is a piece of shit and won't consistently monitor/record inputs to the interface.

I also had 0 luck with Audacity. It works fine if I'm just doing a mic input to the m-audio interface, but it won't recognize a 1/4" line-in input for some reason.

Just got home from work, so I'm going to get comfortable and try again after I grab some dinner.

Also, I wouldn't mind doing Big Hands vox, but I can't promise to take it seriously.

werty22
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I recommend REAPER. But Audacity should work. Check your audio settings. It sounds like the line in isn't selected for recording.

Edit: Oh, now I see you meant the line in on the interface. Don't know what I was thinking.

RockThe40oz
01-21-2010, 07:57 PM
yeah, I wish it was that easy... I'm not sure what the deal is. Yesterday it at least worked one in ten times... and then as soon as I'd step away for a second it would stop working. I have no idea what the deal is. I know it has something to do with the the USB interface and my computer... I don't think it likes Windows 7 much...

nashawa
01-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Im done with Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault so Nashawa if you want a shot at vocals, Ill send you a megaupload link,
Alright man, anytime.

Mack56
01-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I second the recommendation of Reaper, as it's the recording program i use and i ****ing love it. it's probably the best (kind of) free recording program out there.

That being said, I've never stopped using XP so i don't really know much about windows 7. however, i would suggest making sure the drivers for your interface are up to date, as that's really the only thing i can think to try.

RockThe40oz
01-21-2010, 08:59 PM
I think I know what's happening, but I don't know how to fix it.

The m-audio interface has an XLR and 1/4" input... I think XLR is designated input one and 1/4" input is designated input two. When recording in mono, the software is automatically selecting input one as the mono input... unfortunately, I need input two to record... I just can't figure out how to get any software to use input 2.

EDIT: Nevermind... I figured out how to set reaper to use input 2 and it still didn't work...

This is pretty frustrating.. I know that everything works right up to the output of the interface, because I can hear it when monitoring the output through headphones...

GoodCharloteSux
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Alright man, anytime.

In your PM box :)

nashawa
01-22-2010, 12:47 AM
I think I know what's happening, but I don't know how to fix it.

The m-audio interface has an XLR and 1/4" input... I think XLR is designated input one and 1/4" input is designated input two. When recording in mono, the software is automatically selecting input one as the mono input... unfortunately, I need input two to record... I just can't figure out how to get any software to use input 2.

What kind of interface is it? f it has one of each, does that mean you're using an mbox 2 mini?

RockThe40oz
01-22-2010, 07:27 AM
It's not an mbox. It's a knockoff, basically... pretty much the same as the mbox minii but stripped of every feature.

nashawa
01-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Stripped? Wow... The Mbox mini had like, zero options to start with.

BrianApocalypse
01-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Stripped? Wow... The Mbox mini had like, zero options to start with.

This.

Having said that, I don't regret owning one though. :shrug:

ss311
01-22-2010, 10:19 AM

Welcome back! :)

nashawa
01-22-2010, 10:20 AM
I have an MBox2 Factory. I really like it.

RockThe40oz
01-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I think I may have fixed the issue, but now I'm getting popping, cracking, and dropping out of sound. This is most likely due to PC performance while recording, although I didn't think REAPER would be that system demanding at 44.1kHz. I'll try increasing buffer size and freeing up resources, but I think it should be pretty solid. I'll also try other USB ports to see if that helps.

I should have "Do They Owe Us a Living" by the end of the weekend.

nashawa
01-22-2010, 06:53 PM
It could be a dirty USB connection, or perhaps bad cabling.

RockThe40oz
01-22-2010, 06:58 PM
It could be a dirty USB connection, or perhaps bad cabling.
It's not bad cabling because none of the issues every popped up when I was just running a dynamic mic to the interface, and the sound is clear as can be when monitoring the interface's output with headphones.

A bad USB port connection... maybe... I never had the problem when doing simple recording in audacity, but I was also using a rear USB port. I switched to a front USB port so I could access the interface more easily.

Anyways... I'll mess around with it tomorrow. Heading to Philly in a couple of minutes for a mischief brew show.

nashawa
01-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, at least you don't have to check cables. That would suck.

werty22
01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Sounds to me like it could be a latency problem. You installed ASIO drivers, right? (That might only be applicable if you were using an internal sound card. I don't have any experience with or knowledge of interfaces.)

iwannabesedated
01-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Just started doing guitar tracks. Little more difficult than I anticipated. Gotta do them all over again.

RockThe40oz
01-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Sounds to me like it could be a latency problem. You installed ASIO drivers, right? (That might only be applicable if you were using an internal sound card. I don't have any experience with or knowledge of interfaces.)
It was a resources issue for sure. I optimized windows 7 for sound card and audio drivers performance and now it's perfect. I'm pretty pumped.

ratmblink123
01-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorrow - Bad Religion

RockThe40oz
01-24-2010, 06:59 PM
It was a resources issue for sure. I optimized windows 7 for sound card and audio drivers performance and now it's perfect. I'm pretty pumped.
Nevermind... the popping and distortion came back and I can't figure out why.

BrianApocalypse
01-24-2010, 07:19 PM
^ I would start by checking any soundcard settings - sometimes other programs like to change settings.

This is why I like ProTools, because once it's installed I don't have any problems whatsoever, and I know exactly how it works and what I'm doing. :)

charliezard!
01-24-2010, 10:25 PM
I know they have 'punk' in the name, but this is very much the wrong forum for this.

werty22
01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
I know they have 'punk' in the name, but this is very much the wrong forum for this.
Huh?

SuperBlob
01-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Huh?
Wrong thread I assume

Probably wanted to "Goes Punk" thread

charliezard!
01-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Wrong thread I assume

Probably wanted to "Goes Punk" thread

GODDAMMIT
yeah, that's what I meant.
:p:

Mack56
01-25-2010, 03:23 PM
real smooth, charlie.

real smooth

GoodCharloteSux
01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey nashawa, you get around to the track yet?

nashawa
01-25-2010, 04:23 PM
I just got my mic fixed today. I'm off tomorrow, so I should have it done soon.

GoodCharloteSux
01-25-2010, 04:41 PM
cool, cool, pretty excited, you think the instrumentation came out alright?

nashawa
01-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah it's fine. Well, I don't have any problems with it anyway.

BostonLacrosse
01-25-2010, 05:27 PM
So i got my computer mic working again so i think im going to join everyone in this fun project. I am going to do an acoustic version of "Punk Rock Girl"-DEAD MILKMEN . All i have is a crummy computer mic and audacity so i can't make any promises on quality.

werty22
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking of doing White Power by Skrewdriver.

axeslash
01-26-2010, 02:11 AM
I support this.

White Pride Worldwide!

Greenfinger182
01-26-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm thinking of doing White Power by Skrewdriver.
Then I can do Nazi Punks **** Off and we can put them back-to-back on the album and have a duel for all of eternity.

werty22
01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
I did the backing track yesterday and I think I do the vocals today. Somebody else do a Nazi song. It'll be fun. ;)

Edit: ^Do it!

BR0KENHEARTED
01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Where can I find these songs?

I'll do one...

werty22
01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Where can I find these songs?

I'll do one...
You mean the ones that are already done? You can't, yet, honey. Until everybody is done, only Matthew hears them.

I'm finished with White Power already. I'm so freaking prolific.

BR0KENHEARTED
01-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Can't hear them yet? Ahhh. When is everyone gonna be done? I wanna hear this Bull already.

BR0KENHEARTED
01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
I can't decide on one to do ;[

werty22
01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Me too. I say we set a deadline. How 'bout Valentine's Day :heart: (just because it's in the middle of February)? Hopefully that's not too early. But I'm itchin' to hear these.

BR0KENHEARTED
01-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Blondie isn't tr00 ponx enough for me to cover is it?

EDIT: Or is it too punk for me to cover..

werty22
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Does Blondie have any Nazi songs?

neidnarb11890
01-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Warsaw does.

RockThe40oz
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Well, I ordered a compact flash recording interface. I'm sick of dealing with USB interfaces, and now I can record in a room that doesn't have a 25 foot ceiling.

MisspentYouth
01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I still haven't had a chance to record. This is exam week so maybe this weekend when it's over. I think I should be good by Valentine's Day, though.

axeslash
01-26-2010, 10:03 PM
I like having the deadline at Valentines Day as it is my least favorite holiday (not for the reasons you all think) and I'd like something good to happen on it.

I hope that doesn't sound too gay.

Actually it does. Whatever. St. Valentine's Day it is!

neidnarb11890
01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
What's Valentine's Day, the 14th? My stuff should be done by then. If everything goes according to plan.

lavazza
01-27-2010, 05:46 AM
nonono......later! I write my last exam at 12th

SuperBlob
01-27-2010, 06:38 AM
And I still need to get my guitar fix'd

nashawa
01-28-2010, 12:26 AM
So I got the vocals done for GoodCharlotteSux's track. Not sure if he'll even like it or not, as I didn't really mix it well, but anyway... Tomorrow I shall do Jinx Removing and my commitment to this fine project will be complete!

TheReverend724
01-28-2010, 09:54 PM
My friend's giving me all of his recording stuff on Saturday (interface, mixer, drum mics, etc.)

So hopefully I'll finish mine soon

Bullet-Rule
01-29-2010, 09:22 PM
I play bass and I'm thinking of doing 'American Jesus' or 'Let them Eat War' by Bad Religion, only I don't have any recording stuff apart from a laptop mic.

Anyone got any cheap suggestions for recording a bass?

werty22
01-29-2010, 09:45 PM
You could get a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter (I guess they're 7mm and 3mm or something in the UK) and plug it into the mic input. The sound quality won't be good, but it's definitely cheap.

SuperBlob
01-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Right, my guitar's gone in for repair, hopefully I'll be able to record soon enough

EDIT: Might have to do a Marked Men song. 'cause they're awesome.

RockThe40oz
01-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Guitar has been recorded for one song... need to do vocals and add a few things. I'll be done by Monday, and then I may start working on another.

RizzoWashburn
02-01-2010, 11:28 PM
So I pawned the job of doing the drums off on my friend. I should have my songs done by the weekend.

Greenfinger182
02-02-2010, 12:48 AM
You could always take the super-punk* cover of Kermit the Frog's Rainbow Connection in my profile, if you so desired...

*Warning: May not actually be super-punk

Mack56
02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
if anyone wants to take a stab at "you've got big hands", here's the instrumental track.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wm53xot1lyq

Greenfinger182
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Hey, I'm in the studio tonight, and was asked to do one or two little joke Jawbreaker songs. If you don't end up getting Indictment from element I can likely supply it, and I may be laying down Boxcar too.

Just to put it out there for you...I'll likely have the tracks one way or another.

Against Him?
02-06-2010, 08:44 PM
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Against+Him%3F/

i got a cover of against me's joy in my profile there. kinda cliche given my name but w/e.......
i'll post a punk cover of folsom prison blues in a day or 2.

Greenfinger182
02-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Hey, I'm in the studio tonight, and was asked to do one or two little joke Jawbreaker songs. If you don't end up getting Indictment from element I can likely supply it, and I may be laying down Boxcar too.

Just to put it out there for you...I'll likely have the tracks one way or another.
Okay. Got both of them done if you're interested in either of them.

nashawa
02-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Speaking of which, my MBox decided to go all hari-kari on me two days ago, and I'm not sure when I can get it fixed. I have a shitty video of me doing Jinx Removing if you'd just like me to do an audio extraction, but I probably won't have the ability to rerecord it with protools any time soon.

Rancid Ivy
02-07-2010, 09:33 AM
umm...are we allowed to cover ska bands? Or is this just a punk compilation?

Greenfinger182
02-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Pretty sure we're sticking to punk. In other words, if you choose between Operation Ivy and Rancid, Rancid is likely the better option.

That's a sentence I never expected to say, ever.

lavazza
02-07-2010, 12:08 PM
as long as it´s good ska noone will care I think

captain_jack
02-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Kiss the Bottle and 1000 More Fools are done! Where/to whom do I send them?

Rancid Ivy
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I was thinking of covering Beer or somthing by Reel Big Fish :p:

Greenfinger182
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Kiss the Bottle and 1000 More Fools are done! Where/to whom do I send them?
Alrighty, just send it to holmzito@yahoo.com
I'm guessing this email address still applies.

werty22
02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I think Operation Ivy is punx enough for this, even their ska material. I don't think Reel Big Fish is, though.

GoodCharloteSux
02-07-2010, 04:05 PM
hey Axe did you get the file?

captain_jack
02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm guessing this email address still applies.
Ok. Thanks.

axeslash
02-08-2010, 02:25 AM
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Against+Him%3F/

i got a cover of against me's joy in my profile there. kinda cliche given my name but w/e.......
i'll post a punk cover of folsom prison blues in a day or 2.I don't remember Johnny Cash being punx.

No wait I'm positive he's not punk. I won't accept it.

In addition, Operation Ivy and Rancid are acceptable, but Reel Big Fish is right out.

We can do a ska covers compilation later. Work on a song if you wanna submit it for that. But I won't take it here.

Also Greenfinger I don't know if I can take your cover of Indictment since Collin already called it. Collin if you wanna keep the right to the song then it's your call. But you could also pick another song. Either way.

And I got your file GoodCharloteSux.

Greenfinger182
02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case, I think I may have even said it in one post. I was recording it one way or another, so I figured if he didn't submit it by the deadline you could feel free to stick it on there. Otherwise, no harm done.

axeslash
02-09-2010, 01:22 AM
You did say it in a post, which I read after I posted that. I just needed to let everyone know that I am in fact alive.

MisspentYouth
02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Err, I was originally going to be done with mine a lot sooner, but then the whole "stranded in Chicago for several days more than planned" thing happened. But hopefully I'll still be able to get it in before this weekend.

Rancid Ivy
02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Okay so, is Yellin' In My Ear by Operation Ivy p0nx enough to cover?

axeslash
02-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Yes do it.

Rancid Ivy
02-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes do it.
Alright, well, it's not certain that I'll be able to record it though, what do you guys use to record seperate instruments and then merging the tracks together?

werty22
02-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Assuming you're talking about software, not hardware, and you want something free,

I use REAPER. Audacity is more limited, but it has a slightly shorter learning curve and it's probably fine for simple stuff. I would still use REAPER if I were you. REAPER : Audacity :: Photoshop : MS Paint.

Rancid Ivy
02-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Assuming you're talking about software, not hardware, and you want something free,

I use REAPER. Audacity is more limited, but it has a slightly shorter learning curve and it's probably fine for simple stuff. I would still use REAPER if I were you. REAPER : Audacity :: Photoshop : MS Paint.

The thing with REAPER is that it's only a 30 day trial, and i'm not even sure I'll be able to record it, due to my cable for recording not working anymore, I have to get it fixed.

werty22
02-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Nah, REAPER is fully functional. There's just a 5-second wait period every day you use it (not even every time the program opens).

Whaddyu mean your cable for recording?

SuperBlob
02-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Nah, REAPER is fully functional. There's just a 5-second wait period every day you use it (not even every time the program opens).

So the 30 day trial is the same as the Winrar one then?

That's so useless :haha

Really easy to fix as well :haha

werty22
02-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Yep.

Rancid Ivy
02-10-2010, 07:58 PM

Well the cable to plug my amp in my computer so I can record?

UNless im doing this wrong, then correct me please.

SuperBlob
02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Got the call about my guitar, £55 and will be in after ~1 on Saturday.

Looks like I won't have anything done by Sunday if that's still the deadline.

axeslash
02-11-2010, 04:52 PM
No deadline so far as we're all far too busy to be tied to silly outdated bourgeois concepts like deadlines.

GoodCharloteSux
02-11-2010, 07:25 PM
^ please tell me thats sarcasm, like I feel bad for some of teh folks who have had equipment problems, but I want to hear some finished products!

axeslash
02-11-2010, 08:15 PM
I'll work something out.

RockThe40oz
02-11-2010, 09:21 PM
I think end of February is fair... I don't want this to extend to memorial day.

werty22
02-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I agree.

charliezard!
02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
End of February sounds good to me.

occub
02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I have everything done except the vocals...... what a trainwreck those are. Any one else going without vocals?

RockThe40oz
02-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I have everything done except the vocals...... what a trainwreck those are. Any one else going without vocals?
What song are you doing?

Against Him?
02-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't remember Johnny Cash being punx.

No wait I'm positive he's not punk. I won't accept it.

In addition, Operation Ivy and Rancid are acceptable, but Reel Big Fish is right out.

We can do a ska covers compilation later. Work on a song if you wanna submit it for that. But I won't take it here.

Also Greenfinger I don't know if I can take your cover of Indictment since Collin already called it. Collin if you wanna keep the right to the song then it's your call. But you could also pick another song. Either way.

And I got your file GoodCharloteSux.

K i thought i was just Punk covers not covers of punk songs. I'd like to get a song on here tho.
are the pixies, velvet underground or nirvana acceptable? if not i'll do something else. I plan to do an acoustic version though since my band isn't going to start practicing until a couple of weeks from now.

axeslash
02-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I've got a few ideas I wanna try out.

I could release the compilation after 25 songs are done. Then, we could work on more covers and release another collection after the next 25 covers.

Or I could just continually update the collection so it's like a living album that always changes and never dies. Like a phoenix or something gay like that.

Or we could just end it at February and call it a day.

Personally I like the first one best.

RockThe40oz
02-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Or you could delete everybody's hard work and laugh and laugh at all the time we've wasted.

What are you covering, Axe?

axeslash
02-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I covered Hope but I'm just waitin' for charlie to finish the vocals for it.

I should probably cover somethin' fukken hardcore to show people how awesome I am.

werty22
02-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I've got a few ideas I wanna try out.

I could release the compilation after 25 songs are done. Then, we could work on more covers and release another collection after the next 25 covers.

Or I could just continually update the collection so it's like a living album that always changes and never dies. Like a phoenix or something gay like that.

Or we could just end it at February and call it a day.

Personally I like the first one best.
I think you're onto something, but 25 songs sounds like a lot. How about putting them in volumes of 10 or 15?

But personally I think ending it at the end of February would be for the best. This could go on forever if we don't have a deadline.

charliezard!
02-12-2010, 11:32 PM
K i thought i was just Punk covers not covers of punk songs. I'd like to get a song on here tho.
are the pixies, velvet underground or nirvana acceptable? if not i'll do something else. I plan to do an acoustic version though since my band isn't going to start practicing until a couple of weeks from now.

I guess you could make the first two work.
I think I speak for everyone when I say that Nirvana wouldn't...

werty22
02-12-2010, 11:35 PM
I think Nirvana would work better than the Pixies.

Against Him?
02-13-2010, 12:15 AM
I guess you could make the first two work.
I think I speak for everyone when I say that Nirvana wouldn't...

honestly i really want to cover black angels death song by vu, i've done it live a lot and its my favorite song by them.
besides that i think it's necessary to have at least one cover of the band that essentially started punk and underground music.

as far as nirvana goes i consider them a punk band more then a grunge act cause they really don't sound anything like alice in chains, smashing pumpkins or pearl jam.
for the pixies id probably do holiday song.
that being said ill put my cover of the vu song on here and maybe it'll make it.