What should I expect?

PDA

View Full Version : What should I expect?

TrabenBassist22
01-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey there. Tonight I have an audition for a groove metal band. Now this is my first real audition for a band and I was wondering what I should expect. There other guys are all older than me (17, 21, 22) in case that matters.

If this is in the wrong place sorry.

blue_strat
01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Be friendly, quietly set up your gear and tune up, don't noodle or play when someone's talking to
you.

So long as you can play your parts, the most important factor is whether or not you're a good person to work with.

TrabenBassist22
01-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Well I know I should be polite and all that stuff. But I was wondering like will they tell me the bass parts to their songs and have me play them or something else?

Myshadow46_2
01-15-2010, 09:17 AM
It'll depend on what they decide to ask you to do. There is no set auditoning schedule. Just go with the flow, try and relax. I'd suggest maybe warming up a little before you leave to go to the audition

TrabenBassist22
01-15-2010, 09:23 AM
It'll depend on what they decide to ask you to do. There is no set auditoning schedule. Just go with the flow, try and relax. I'd suggest maybe warming up a little before you leave to go to the audition
All right thanks guys. I'm just a little nervous. I guess I'll just warm up before I leave and see what happens next.

AlanHB
01-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Check my article on auditions on this very site,

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/passing_auditions_a_quick_guide.html