Guitar Center Returns

PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Center Returns

daftpunk47
01-17-2010, 07:02 AM
When you return something to guitar center apparently theres a 15% restocking fee for open box items. So something like a amp you obviously pay 15% that. But what about a guitar off the wall? Do you get all your money back for it?

ibanezgod1973
01-17-2010, 10:20 AM
When you return something to guitar center apparently theres a 15% restocking fee for open box items. So something like a amp you obviously pay 15% that. But what about a guitar off the wall? Do you get all your money back for it?

glad i`ll never have to buy from them and would never deal with a company that has that policy

if your returning it `cos it`s unfit for use (i.e it`s broke.....not your fault) then you shouldn`t have to pay any fee.....if it `cos you din`t like it then more fool you for not testing it properly.

WilCon
01-17-2010, 10:59 AM
The fee is not for returning broken items but for returning the I don't want it items.

jpnyc
01-17-2010, 12:45 PM
They never charge me restocking fees. Are you returning stuff with the box missing or something?

johnro6659
01-17-2010, 12:57 PM
I never had to pay a restocking fee either. It might be if you order online and return it.

Jammy Pige
01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Let me see, I returned a bad monkey just because I didn't like it... I was told by the cool sales clerk to take care with the box when I open it and make sure not to damage the pedal and returning is not a problem.

I also returned a Lonestar (off the wall) because it was defective and there were no questions asked... but when it comes to off the wall items there should be no charge even for "I just don't like it" returns, in fact, that's what they advertise.

HOWEVER, BE AWARE THAT IF YOU WANT A REFUND FOR ITEMS MORE THAN SAY $50 THEY WILL MAIL YOU A CHECK! :mad: Not sure what the exact amount is though?

The restocking fee is for "unopened" items that you purchase and then open... but it's really up to their descretion (for in store items) because I have seen customers have them open up several boxes to get just the right finish on a guitar.

However, if you "order" an item from guitar center and decide against it they will probably charge you the restocking fee to try to discourage frivilous orders.

30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Restrictions Apply*

If you're not satisfied, neither are we. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return it in its original condition within 30 days of the in-store purchase date or online purchase shipment date. (14 days on certain items, see below**), and we'll give you a full refund. For in-store purchases, just bring your purchase complete with all original packaging, manual, and accessories back to any Guitar Center location for exchange or refund.***

For online purchases, please phone 1-866-498-7882 for a Return Authorization Number and follow the instructions for making returns printed on the back of your invoice. All returned items must include the original packaging complete with all components including the warranty card and owner's manual and show no signs of wear or abuse; otherwise the return will either be refused or subject to a 15% restocking fee. Credit card returns are issued a credit for purchase price. Refunds are made for product value only, excluding shipping and handling charges.

ChuggyMcBr00tlz
01-17-2010, 03:47 PM
I have never been charged a restocking fee at GC or SA. Just save all the items and paperwork

GC does write you a check though which is BS. You pay cash but if you return you have to wait a day for the dumb check to clear.

jpnyc
01-17-2010, 04:25 PM
GC does write you a check though which is BS. You pay cash but if you return you have to wait a day for the dumb check to clear.

Thatís to keep the employees from stealing cash with fake returns. Itís a problem anywhere thereís a lot of high-value merchandise and checks are a common way of dealing with it. If it really bothers you just pay with a check/ATM card and theyíll refund the money to it.

Jammy Pige
01-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Thatís to keep the employees from stealing cash with fake returns. Itís a problem anywhere thereís a lot of high-value merchandise and checks are a common way of dealing with it. If it really bothers you just pay with a check/ATM card and theyíll refund the money to it.

If Walmart can return cash to all the thousands of returns they get everyday then so can GC for the relatively few they get; and besides at GC they have a manager who's supposed to be a trusted employee that authorizes all returns and if he's not an idiot he will know a fake return.

I think it's a stupid unfair policy for anything under say $500 because it only serves to discourage customers from getting a cash return and encourages them to make an exchange... that's the real reason.

Com'n can't they just photo copy the customer ID?