Finding Gigs

PDA

View Full Version : Finding Gigs

amicone18
01-19-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm currently in a cover band, were great, over 21, and have a long set. were looking to play out, we did open mic's but wanna play more song's, any advice on getting booked, as a cover band?

User_Name336
01-19-2010, 11:43 PM
what sort of cover band? what do you guys play?

amicone18
01-20-2010, 12:21 AM
mainstream rock hits- example, take me out, interstate love song, here it goes again ect ect

User_Name336
01-20-2010, 12:39 AM
if you're more well known try booking at a night club or something. if not, maybe just try a bar or if you're willing to go acoustic, try a coffee shop. you could also try pairing up with some other band and open for them? also look around for a music festival or something that specializes with unsigned/local bands. you may also want to get in touch with local night clubs that book bands to see if they have any events that fit your style.

the way i book gigs is by talking to everybody i can think of. me and our singer walk/drive around with two acoustic guitars and try to convince people we're worth it. we ran out of money for cds so this is what we resorted to!

AlanHB
01-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Hassle pubs and clubs who hire your sort of cover band. Donīt expect them to come to your door. Have a printed out set-list as well so they know what sort of stuff you play.