What dya wear?

PDA

View Full Version : What dya wear?

Vendetta V
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey guys not sure if this has been done. But what's your clothing style when it comes to the stage!
What are you/your band wearing on gigs??

As for me. I mostly wear my white coat not to ook to dark. Have a dark t shirt under it. May be some wrist band on my picking hand. Nothing metal not to scratch my guitar. No rings as they make some harmonic noises (but sometimes I put em on. On purpose) hmm sometimes I hang a rusted cross on my fretting (left) hand with a chain. Looks cool. And also my small harmonica necklace and a cross (not to big but I'm always wearing my cross it's not a stage thing). Or I put on a jeans tuxedo with a Tshirt and so. Hm mwell those were that was for my last 2 gigs. I always consider what genre that gig will be.

Doodleface
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
I wear whatever is on the top of my drawer.

arthurt420
01-22-2010, 04:37 PM
usually pants and a shirt.... oh and shoes lol

von gelb
01-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Jeans, sneakers and a shirt of a band who inspired me. What else do you need?

tehREALcaptain
01-22-2010, 04:41 PM
winter or inside
niceish jeans/khakis/slacks
button down shirt/polo
either a sweater and/or jacket or scarf.
or a suit and tie/scarf
summer (outside)
polo or button down (possibly with a t-shirt)
pants or shorts

EDIT: and bright vans or converse.

food1010
01-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Winter: Jeans and a t-shirt
Summer: Cargo shorts and a t-shirt, sandals or no shoes generally.

In other words, I wear what I always wear.

doive
01-22-2010, 04:50 PM
I wear a t-shirt saying
"i post pit threads in MT because i'm cool"
*reported*

EDIT: i'm in a bad mood...

Vendetta V
01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
why reported?

food1010
01-22-2010, 04:57 PM
why reported?Probably because this doesn't belong in MT.

Vendetta V
01-22-2010, 05:17 PM
but it's about musicians i mean their person stage style

food1010
01-22-2010, 05:31 PM
but it's about musicians i mean their person stage styleGrab your axe, come on in and discuss Music Theory, Writing & Composition, Improvising, Sight reading and moreMusician Talk isn't the only forum for musicians. Just because it's about musicians doesn't mean it belongs here. Hell, most of the forums on here are about musicians.

Bandleading would probably be a better place for this.

axemanchris
01-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Meh..... we'll see how it goes.

It's a question about playing live (loosely) that isn't really about band LEADING or whatever. I have no problem with questions regarding live performance in MT.

CT

Vendetta V
01-23-2010, 04:22 PM
yeah i mean band leading is just about the band

this is just about you as a single musician. if there are Musical Bios this could do here pretty much well too i think

Gumle
01-23-2010, 06:54 PM
It depends on what I play. When I play something in the school it's often something softer thing and I wear jeans and a neutral shirt.

But in when I'm playing in my band I'm in camouflage pants/shorts depending on the time of the year with a chain and then a band tee; Sometimes with sleeves sometimes without. And then my beloved Puma shoes. Then I'm wearing a sweat band on my right hand 'cause I am sweating a lot in my picking hand. And then I always have my Trivium pick in a necklace.

mr gOiD
01-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Ripped Jeans and a Cutoff Tee.

SaulnierE
01-23-2010, 10:13 PM
usually just jeans and a white v neck.

User_Name336
01-24-2010, 03:09 AM
i wear my every day clothes. jeans or cargo pants or khakis or whatever in the winter. some form of shorts in summer. and always a t shirt. its a little funny when we play metal in khaki pants, headbanging and what not, but hey. its who we are. we dont need to look metal to play metal, right?

lespaul1216
01-24-2010, 10:24 AM
jeans + t-shirt

Vendetta V
01-24-2010, 04:21 PM
oh and i like to wear some sick stuff. you knom reverand coat and stuff

its_alive
01-24-2010, 04:29 PM
For me its usually jeans and a black band tee or a dress shirt. It shouldn't really matter unless you plan on taking some pictures.

classicrocker01
01-24-2010, 04:29 PM
I wear my jeans, boots, and a sleeveless t shirt usually. But thats only because thats what I wore that day.............

Northernmight
01-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Too much to possibly list.. When i play i'm in another world. I got a funny story about wearing weird shit on stage..

I had a gig this saturday night, and well, i'm trash.. or i was anyway. drunk and sleeping all the ****ing time and all that.. So i basically got out of bed right before the show starts.. badly hungover and all that.. So i grabbed the first black thing out of the closet.. since i was sure i put my stage-gear in front in a bag.. Black shit in the bag, alright.. gotta be it.

I arrived and the concert location we were supposed to go on in 10-20 minutes, people were hissing at me "You better be ready! You can't arrive this late" ow well. i shrugged them off. then i went to change and all that..

It was not my stage gear in the bag. It was my bloody girlfriends lace-thingy-kinky-shait!

And since my brain was not functioning right at the moment.. drugs and alcohol meh.. well..

I kinda.. wore it. I don't really understand why today.. but it seemed funny.

Ever seen anyone in a black metal band go on stage in ****ing womans lingerie? It kinda ruins the whole atmosphere.. ****ing absurd. Most goofy thing i ever did.

But hell, it's a funny memory now.

Funny story.. to me atleast. Because.. ****.. ****.. FUUUCK! Don't ever do that. bloody bad move.

pandora_grunt
01-25-2010, 07:36 AM
In my coverband I'll wear low-profile attire, jeans, chain on ehm, and a black tee (and shoes n stuff). However with my original band (we have not performed yet) I shall be wearing my alternative oversized pants (like overzeas kind of thing), a tank top, jewelry, and some weird shit in my hair, and perhaps even cooky contact lenses.

Yeah I love gimmick.

Vendetta V
01-25-2010, 05:20 PM
lool.. i guess i wanna get a Satriani kinda hat.. those are sick!!

chord masta'
01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
for gigs i will usually where a sweater ( with no zipper so that i don't scratch my guitar) and some jeans or shorts.

of course i would have my selingers music custom made electric guitar or my dad's 1970's fender strat copy.
i might where a necklace of some sort but mostly not usually.

MaddMann274
01-26-2010, 04:20 AM
I usually wear black leather pants and a black t-shirt(sleeve RIPPED off)..
Or my other BLACK T-shirt which has a in built neckless.. hehehe

Ooooo, and my cap....BLACK.

Bwamahahahahaaa

Alden Ashford
01-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Blues/Folk band: Ripped jeans, neutral t-shirt. Usually lacking shoes.
Rock band: Ripped jeans, either my "Unemployed" shirt or a band shirt. Possibly a denim jacket. Rockin' the Converse All-Stars.

Thereisnotry
01-26-2010, 04:08 PM
If it's just some run-of-the-mill show then I just wear whatever I put on that day, but if it's a big gig then I like to put on a show. I have a pair of tight leopard print pants, Batman logo belt buckle, shiny shirt made of some weird silver material, and some yellow tinted sunglasses.

Its not like that's the image my band is going for or anything, we just find that when we go up onstage looking wild we always stand out from all the other bands going onstage in their street clothes.

kumamilesbear
01-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Generally my dark-blue or black jeans (the only color jeans I buy), and a shirt of a band I've been listening to a lot recently. I'll also wear a hoodie (hood up for first part of show, hood down when I start sweating too much, take the whole thing off if I get too hot after that).

The layout of the stage controls my footwear. If we're playing a night-club sized stage like the 9:30 club

http://www.b2rmusic.com/library/resources460/images/bob/stage3.jpg

I'll wear normal sneakers. If it's like a small stage like a bar, I'll go barefoot (after making sure the stage is completely clear of anything sharp), and if it's a multi-layered stage like at my school, I'll wear boots with good traction so that I don't fall when jumping between risers.

swordsofplague
02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
It depends on what I play. When I play something in the school it's often something softer thing and I wear jeans and a neutral shirt.

But in when I'm playing in my band I'm in camouflage pants/shorts depending on the time of the year with a chain and then a band tee; Sometimes with sleeves sometimes without. And then my beloved Puma shoes. Then I'm wearing a sweat band on my right hand 'cause I am sweating a lot in my picking hand. And then I always have my Trivium pick in a necklace.

Jesus boy, you just described me :eek:

Camo pants, Amon Amarth twilight of the thunder god tour sleeveless tee, mjolnir pendant (on and off the stage), and a pick given to me by Olavi Mikkonnen on a chain around my neck

Ddaydevice13
02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
I normally just wear affliction shirts and jeans and white DC shoes since the jeans and shirts are usually dark colors... also a chain and a sweat band on the picking hand... thats about it

I'mronburgundy?
02-11-2010, 01:59 AM
skinnies, chucks, and flannel. or a t shirt and my leather jacket. i also like to wear a guitar while preforming.

BrandonWeir
02-11-2010, 02:12 AM
I always wear the stupidest things I can find. If I have a really flamboyant shirt hangin around. I'll throw that on. I'm not gay, it's just all to stick out like a sore thumb. If I have some crappy shoe's I'll spray paint them neon green. There's no telling what I distinctly would wear. Just something to where if I were in a crowd of 100 people, your eye would notice me first. Shabam.

mdwallin
02-11-2010, 02:34 AM
Cold weather
Band shirt with stripy long sleeve shirt underneath
Skinny Jeans
Red connies

Hot weather
Band shirt
Short shorts (either plain black or denim)
red connies

Jazz/chamber music
Black shirt with black waist belt
black slacks
black flats
some kind of colourful accessory in my hair or on my wrists

iwannabesedated
02-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Ripped up jeans, black T-shirt, flannel jacket

Kyle.E
02-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Ripped jeans, boots, black band tee.

Oh wait, I was describing 90% of this thread. For musicians you guys aren't very creative are ya?

Austyn6661
02-14-2010, 07:58 PM
my first show with my new band is thursday.

i'm planning on wearing my white kicks, gray boot-cut jeans, a white graphic t shirt, my sleeveless hoodie (which will be removed halfway through) fingerless gloves, and my bitchin' pair of aviators.

pretty much think of synyster gates.

AICfreak
02-14-2010, 08:02 PM
plaid shirts with any t shirt underneath and black or normal denim jeans, and then either large boots or sneakers. that's about it.

Jango22
02-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Absolutely nothing except my guitar. Which is high enough that it doesn't cover the good parts.
Nah, probably wear tight pants with a thin hoodie on, though I'd probably take the hoodie off and have a band shirt on under.

The Kush
02-15-2010, 02:14 AM
Jeans, sneakers and a shirt of a band who inspired me. What else do you need?
This. Jeans, sneakers and a Metallica, Dream Theater, Iced Earth, or Van Halen shirt. I might start wearing aviators or something like that, but only once my band gets more popular so I don't look like an overconfident pretentious douche.

lockwolf
02-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Depends on what style I'm playing.

When I play Punk:
Jeans
My Trademark Atticus (http://www.loserkids.com/product-exec/product_id/13040/nm/Atticus_Silhouette_T_Shirt_Black_EXCLUSIVE_/category_id/289) Tshirt. Its like that one except Red & the bird is Black
A pair of Macbeths

When I'm playing something a little more serious:
Nicer Jeans
G-Star Jacket
A pair of Macbeths

Musefan161
02-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Shorts or loose jeans (depending on the season) and a solid color shirt with no design on it.

cheapr2keepr
02-17-2010, 05:17 AM
My last gig I wore old jeans, white wife-beater tank, black leather vest, and brown leather steel toe boots. And the jeans weren't ripped until I bent over after the show to unplug my gear and split a good 8" rip in the crotch. I was glad I was wearing some clean drawers...

The rest of my bandmates wore their everyday clothes except the bassist, who was wearing some Harley gear because he was apparently out riding before the show.

I got a sizeable quantity of crap from friends and marginal acquaintances who wondered "Dude... what the hell were you wearing?". The next show I'm gonna go a little farther in the attention ***** category just for fun.

bry0n
02-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Nothing. At all.

EDIT: Oh, I'm not in the pit.

I usually wear street clothes: sneakers/boots, dark jeans, dark T-shirt, almost-dressy black button-up shirt (not buttoned), my lovely aviators (either on my face or hanging on my shirt), and one of my hats (newsboys, fedora, greek fisherman/limousine driver, beret)

Austyn6661
02-20-2010, 11:12 PM
This. Jeans, sneakers and a Metallica, Dream Theater, Iced Earth, or Van Halen shirt. I might start wearing aviators or something like that, but only once my band gets more popular so I don't look like an overconfident pretentious douche.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs294.ash1/22162_498364485286_604545286_11230730_1779384_n.jpg

I love my aviators, shut your ***** mouth :mad:

:p:

Tarsplitter
02-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Glam style.

MelodicSlap
02-21-2010, 06:57 AM
plain grey sweat pants, plain grey hoodie pulled wayyyy over my face

The4thHorsemen
02-21-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm pretty unoriginal. Jeans that may or may not have a couple of small rips and a black band t-shirt. which is what I wear all the time anyways.

zeminion
02-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Plain white tshirt, jeans, most of the time shoeless, and my dog tag that i wear 24/7

Primus2112
02-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Jeans, T-shirt, and a nice button-up (unbuttoned of course) with the sleeves rolled up about halfway.

Footwear varies.