Best bang for your buck in a new guitar between $2500 and $3000

PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for your buck in a new guitar between $2500 and $3000

gciri
01-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Im looking to buy a new guitar in the $2500 to $3000 price range. Whats the best quality for that price range? Any opinions would be welcome on favorites.

Thanks!

highwaysalmon
01-25-2010, 05:52 PM
I'd look around for some local luthiers tbh.

What kind of style will you be playing? Are you a strummer? Flatpicker? Fingerstylist?

More info plz.

JayLacelle
01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
any martin or taylor in that price range is bound to be awesome...just try some out until you find one you like.

leftinflinflon
01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
If Acoustic...check out the Gibson acoustic workhorse (J-45), tobacco sunburst model, comes with pick up, usually around 2200 US. Versatile, beautiful, durable, sounds great, nice to play...and a good friend when you are blue.

Mr. Parker
01-25-2010, 06:32 PM
I concur, anything in that price range should be pretty amazing. Just go and play some!

SeeEmilyPlay
01-25-2010, 06:51 PM
I would think if you're paying that much for a guitar you would get a pretty good bang no matter how much you spend. Martin and Taylors are preference in that range. The Gibson Advanced Jumbo is pretty sweet for about 2000.

scippy
01-25-2010, 07:43 PM
You could land a used collings for that price.
In that price range It's not much about "bang for buck", It's more about personal choice.
Guitar that has right nut width, neck profile, size, woods, string spacing etc.

I would search for collings myself

patticake
01-25-2010, 07:49 PM
i'm not sure that best bang for your buck applies at this price range. they're mostly good quality. could you possibly give us more info about guitar shape, size, nut width or whether you play fingerstyle, strum or both? there are SO many really high quality guitars in this price range that i could go on listing them all day. here's a few that stand out for me personally.

the j-45 standard and the rosewood version have incredible tone, just amazing. one might have to play a lot of them to find the right one for you, but wow, is it worth it!

if you like smaller guitars, or ones that are awesome for finger picking, the taylor gc8 is wonderful. they're not only beautiful, but they have such a beautiful tone. and - no surprise here - because they're taylor, they're well made and consistent.

if you like jumbos, or lots of bass, the gibson sj-100 delivers plenty of both. they made my short list.

there's the martin hd-28. if you like the martin sound, this guitar delivers it in a high quality body.

GC Shred Off
01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
i'm not sure that best bang for your buck applies at this price range.
:haha: My thoughts exactly. TS, most things you find in that range will be pretty fantastic. You aren't exactly looking for a bargain. I like Gibson J-45s personally, but I'm not the one shelling out the cash. You need to look around in person. You'll find some bangin' stuff.

Bright Light
01-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm soo hot for this Taylor 614e in honeybrown down at this local guitar store that I would run straight to that place and buy it. I've been playing it for months, I just dont have the $2500 laying around to buy it :( . It really depends on the sound you want/expect out of your guitar. There are general guidelines depending on what you want, but you should also play lots of stuff. Let us know what YOU like and we can steer you in the right direction

dakotajoe
01-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Lots of awesome guitars to chose from. I like the few Larrivees I've played and of course my personal favorite the Gibson Hummingbird.

Guitar Hack
01-26-2010, 10:36 PM
You Won't beat this one

http://www.music123.com/Blueridge-BR-280-Prewar-Series-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar-518996-i1150335.Music123

You can find them in your price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RESERVE-STOCK-BLUERIDGE-BR-280-ROSEWOOD-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ350279587373QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item518e4a562d