New covers to add to setlist

PDA

View Full Version : New covers to add to setlist

jazz71286
01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

My rock band plays 3 sets at our local pub every fortnight. So far we know a total of 46 songs (34 covers, 12 originals) but we are always learning something new.

The problem I have is choosing some popular, chilled out songs to replace what we play in the first set. During this time people are still eating their dinner so we don't want to start playing hard rock, that's best saved for later when they've started drinking.

At this point in time we play songs like Incubus - Drive, Goo Goo Dolls - Slide etc. Can anyone suggest some other songs for us to learn? Keep in mind that they need to be songs the average patron will recognise. They don't have to be old songs either, our standard audience consists of people in their 20's. Quite simply, I'm drawing a blank.

If this isn't the right forum, let me know.

catrolean
01-28-2010, 07:55 PM
song suggestion thread would probably be ideal, but I'm not reporting anything. I think that some 90's soft rock would be good. Third Eye Blind, Collective Soul, Toad the Wet Sprocket, etc. Maybe some Blind Melon, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, and The Cranberries. I would spout my indie cred now, but you said recognizable, so :(
Gl
Also, I just realized that I didn't actually give you songs. If you recognize any of those names, I can easily give you a list.

jazz71286
01-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Song Suggestion thread? I searchbar'ed that and nothing came up, just a bunch of random threads that have nothing to do with my question. Anyway, thanks for not reporting me.

Hmm, 90's soft rock sounds like the way to go. Bands like Third Eye Blind is kinda what I'm looking for. Semi-Charmed Life could definitely work.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I was thinking of adding Feel Good Inc as well, songs of that nature.

catrolean
01-28-2010, 08:18 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867263

RadioMuse
01-29-2010, 01:05 PM
"Sex and Candy" by Marcy's Playground
"Closing Time" by Semisonic (though could cause confusion, lol)
basically any Barenaked Ladies hit (One Week, Call and Answer, Yoko Ono, If I Had A Million Dollars).

I don't know... just tap into you "guilty pleasure" department musically and pick everything that isn't arena rock. lol.

"More Than A Feeling" by Boston is a good choice, just because it's AWESOME

axemanchris
01-31-2010, 12:03 PM
There's a sticky for that.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290962

CT