Proprtion of Originals to Covers

PDA

View Full Version : Proprtion of Originals to Covers

lespaul1216
01-30-2010, 08:56 PM
for our 1st show. right now we have 2 originals and 3 covers. Our setlist is (in this order):

(One of our own that is yet to be named)
Atreyu - Right Side of the Bed
A Day to Remember - You Should've Killed Me When You Had the Chance
Rise Against - Paper Wings
Eye for an Eye (one of our own)

a few questions:

1. First off, is this order okay? We know we want to open and close with our own stuff.

2. Would it be possible to substitute a cover with another original? I know for our first show we need to be careful about this. Now with this one you need some background info: We only have a 25 minute set. The band hosting is on a pretty tight schedule as far as the venue goes since 4 bands are playing and it's at a fire hall lol. We only have a month to the show and the third original has not been started yet. Me and our singer have it written but we have yet to show it to the rest of the band.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

lespaul1216
01-30-2010, 09:09 PM
wow thanks guys

chokmool
01-30-2010, 09:25 PM
1. You only waited 13 minutes to bump.
2. There is a sticky for set list questions.
3. this thread will probably be closed.

Not being a jerk, just sayin'.

Pagan_Angel
01-31-2010, 07:11 AM
Bit of advice before this is closed
Open with a cover, get the audiences attention, do an origional, another cover, then do your best cover before last and finally finish with one of your own.

gorkyporky
01-31-2010, 07:37 AM
If you had 3 originals, that would be much better i think. We always start a show with an original, people remember you more. If you open with a cover, they seem to remember you as a good cover band, with a couple of originals, not the other way around. Anyway, for your set i would go
original
cover
cover
original
cover

And if you have another original song, either add it on the end of the list to close with an original, or put it before the first cover.

lespaul1216
01-31-2010, 10:51 AM
^so how would I convince the rest of the band to do another original? they're dead-set against it

axemanchris
01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
1. You only waited 13 minutes to bump.
2. There is a sticky for set list questions.
3. this thread will probably be closed.

Not being a jerk, just sayin'.

This ^

CT