Rancid

PDA

View Full Version : Rancid

Luke200420
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I couldn't find any threads on them but I think their great. I really got into them when Indestructible came out. They really opened me up to alot of old school bands like Bad Religion, Black Flag, Social Distortion, and even Sublime.

mtbb2010
02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Saw them in concert last summer at a Rise Against show. They were performing to promote their new record. Longest hour of my life. Fortunately Rise Against came out after them and took the suck out of the place.

DempseyPunk
02-03-2010, 08:05 PM
brb, ima use the searchbar

edit: wow, nevermind. there actually isnt a rancid thread...
:(

well, i like and out come the wolves, and a couple songs from most of their other albums.

TN_BOOTBOY
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I like most of their stuff. Indestructible just sounded like an experiment to see just how hard and fast they could play and didn't seem to have as much diversity as their other stuff. I will say that when I saw them here about a year ago, it was the worst $20 I've spent to see a show. Really boring.

DempseyPunk
02-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah, i saw em live and it was horrible. They played with Bad Religion, who unfortunately wasnt that good either. They didnt play anything off of 80-85 :(

quickedit: they both had good stage presence though

werty22
02-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I couldn't find any threads on them but I think their great. I really got into them when Indestructible came out. They really opened me up to alot of old school bands like Bad Religion, Black Flag, Social Distortion, and even Sublime.
:haha

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2714245
Saw them in concert last summer at a Rise Against show. They were performing to promote their new record. Longest hour of my life. Fortunately Rise Against came out after them and took the suck out of the place.
ಠ_ಠ

Anywho, yeah I like Rancid.

neidnarb11890
02-03-2010, 10:49 PM
...And Out Come the Wolves is a fun album. That's the most Rancid I could ever get into.

BR0KENHEARTED
02-04-2010, 03:43 AM

I laughed out loud when I read this.

My experience at this tour... Rancid came on and killed it. Rise Against came on and as soon as eeeeeeeeeevery song sounded the same with the same formula, 3 songs in people starting leaving including myself. Rise Against was GARBAGE.

BrianApocalypse
02-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm checkin' out, I'm never coming back again.

TN_BOOTBOY
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah, i saw em live and it was horrible. They played with Bad Religion, who unfortunately wasnt that good either. They didnt play anything off of 80-85 :(

quickedit: they both had good stage presence thoughOther than Lars putting on a decent show, the stage presence was what got me. Tim just looks apathetic and bored and didn't sing into the mic half the time. It just looked like him and Matt were phoning it in. And the big screen behind them with all of the choreographed animation to match up with the songs was distracting. I'd say that Lars is carrying that band right now.

LonelyStarts
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM

Shame on you.. Made me almost :puke: because I was drinking. I actually thought you were talking about Rise Against then you said that they sucked out the suck?

LonelyStarts
02-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I laughed out loud when I read this.

My experience at this tour... Rancid came on and killed it. Rise Against came on and as soon as eeeeeeeeeevery song sounded the same with the same formula, 3 songs in people starting leaving including myself. Rise Against was GARBAGE.

Agreed
:cheers:

Against Him?
02-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I missed the recent tour, i really wish i'd gone though.
but i saw rancid play at warped tour in orlando right when indestructible came about and they played an awesome show. One of the best performances i've ever seen.
They're gettin' old tho so I wouldn't be surprised that they're starting to suck.

xUptoNoGoodx
02-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Rancid Sucks.

Against Him?
02-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Rancid Sucks.

so does your mom.

xUptoNoGoodx
02-13-2010, 12:46 AM
she sucks good.

Rancid Ivy
02-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I like Rancid

askingforit176
02-14-2010, 01:00 PM
But unfortunatly Rancid doesn't suck good.... Believe me I know.

RizzoWashburn
02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
And Out Come The Wolves is good. That was the first punk album I ever bought and I still like it. I've never liked anything else they've released though, especially recently.

Oh, and that tattoo Tim has on his head now is ****ing stupid.

Rancid Ivy
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
And Out Come The Wolves is good. That was the first punk album I ever bought and I still like it. I've never liked anything else they've released though, especially recently.

Agreed.

Tim does shit now, except maybe write the songs. He doesn't even play guitar anymore, he looks lost at every show too

BR0KENHEARTED
02-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Tim does shit except write the songs?

Against Him?
02-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Tim does shit except write the songs?

Clearly the least important part.

LonelyStarts
02-15-2010, 03:48 AM
**** me already..

Mr Pringle
02-15-2010, 05:39 AM
When i was first getting into punk my sister showed me rancid and i still listen to them. I like a couple of albums but in comparison to other bands they aren't as epic as they used to be but they're still pretty good.

drugfreeboy
02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
But unfortunatly Rancid doesn't suck good.... Believe me I know.
when i saw lars and the bastards he clearly said "i sucked dick for a thrill" i heard him. but to the subject at hand...rancid is ok. st. mary is my favortie song. but lars and the bastards is better then rancid or any rancid side project band.

drugfreeboy
02-15-2010, 07:10 PM

isn't any worse then lars' SKUNX tatt on his forehead.

LonelyStarts
02-15-2010, 07:25 PM
I poop onn LookPizza's chest and it turns me on. :D

askingforit176
02-15-2010, 08:56 PM
when i saw lars and the bastards he clearly said "i sucked dick for a thrill" i heard him. but to the subject at hand...rancid is ok. st. mary is my favortie song. but lars and the bastards is better then rancid or any rancid side project band.

I could vouche for him, its true. But he still isn't good at it, he should take lessons from xuptonogoodx's mom.... She on the other hand is amazing..... Trust me I know :)

BR0KENHEARTED
02-16-2010, 01:13 PM
That wasn't funny at all. And I'm not even hung over today.

xuptonogoodx's mom is awful at giving dome, you know nothing.

LonelyStarts
02-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I agree with Kyle, Uptonogoods mom is horrible at everything.

Except drinking and bitchin.

Slut.

askingforit176
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I agree it was funnier when I was on my codine cough medicine, ****ing walking phnemonia or how ever you spell it. So much for not doing drugs.

CoreyGregory
11-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Rancid is my favorite band. I don't know what you people are talking about. Rancid is one of the best most soulfull punk bands out their. I personally think their last 2 album were A LITTLE BIT dissapointing, but everything before that is perfection IMO

lookpizza
11-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Lol @ the conversation in this thread.

psilocybcubensi
11-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Rancid are a bunch of bitches but they have a few good old songs.

lookpizza
11-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Another good bump bro.. you listen to any music that isn't made by bitches?

axeslash
11-30-2010, 12:47 AM
He probably listens to Metallica with his pants off.

Themoleismad
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Rancid Sucks.
Note the word "banned" under his name. Probably lookin g for a bridge to troll.

nashawa
11-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I miss drugfreeboy. Dude was always (unintentionally) hilarious.

lookpizza
11-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Note the word "banned" under his name. Probably lookin g for a bridge to troll.

Actually right now he's making a new facebook and deleting his old one for some reason :shrug:
Also he was banned for multis not trolling.

Themoleismad
12-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Actually right now he's making a new facebook and deleting his old one for some reason :shrug:
Also he was banned for multis not trolling.
"Rancid Sucks" Sounds like trolling to me, or flaming. I forget the difference.

lookpizza
12-04-2010, 02:20 AM
"Rancid Sucks" Sounds like trolling to me, or flaming. I forget the difference.

It's neither when the people you are talking to know you are being sarcastic. He wasn't talking to you. Anyways that wasn't even what I commented on, and that was months ago.

nashawa
12-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Besides, Rancid does suck.

jakesmellspoo
12-16-2010, 07:42 PM
tim and lars suck. freeman should leave and start up op ivy again with jesse and no tim. just because i said so. it's my one wish for white jesus' b-day

AA_Schecterx
12-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I like Rancid. They cool.

DempseyPunk
12-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Rancid Sucks.
And the clash sucked too

wifiguy51
12-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Rancid are real rock stars man. I went and saw them with Billy Talent and Rise Against. Billy Talent sucked the biggest pair of Canadian balls ever created. Then Rancid came on and they kicked some ass. The only shit part was they were playing "Time Bomb" one of my favorites by them, and some douchebag went crowdsurfing, got to the front and tried to hit Tim, and they stopped halfway through the song to yell at him, and then didn't finish it. They then asked the crowd what they should play, and the girl next to me yelled the first song off their first album, that they haven't played live in forever, and they still kicked the hell out of the song. Amazing show. And Rise Against was INCREDIBLE!

jakesmellspoo
12-24-2010, 03:36 AM
Rancid are real rock stars man. I went and saw them with Billy Talent and Rise Against. Billy Talent sucked the biggest pair of Canadian balls ever created. Then Rancid came on and they kicked some ass. The only shit part was they were playing "Time Bomb" one of my favorites by them, and some douchebag went crowdsurfing, got to the front and tried to hit Tim, and they stopped halfway through the song to yell at him, and then didn't finish it. They then asked the crowd what they should play, and the girl next to me yelled the first song off their first album, that they haven't played live in forever, and they still kicked the hell out of the song. Amazing show. And Rise Against was INCREDIBLE!

real rock stars = real assholes

wifiguy51
12-24-2010, 04:55 AM
I think the funniest part about the concert was right after, a bunch of people, including myself, went out to wait for Rise Against to come out (incredibly nice guys), and then we see 4 guys who are dressed in black clothing, one carrying a guitar, and they were all wearing hats, and it wasn't until they started walking and got quite far away from us that someone went, hey that was Rancid. Yet, no one went after them. But when Rise Against came out, there was a flock of people.

DempseyPunk
12-24-2010, 05:41 AM
They got mad at a crowdurfer being rowdy...

ANARCHY!

SpaZ_eire
01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Rancid are alright, but they got progressivly worse as they went on. Let The Dominoes Fall was a distaster. First couple albums were the best...

såm
01-23-2011, 12:33 PM
why do people only like ...and out come the wolves? its great but indestructable, let the dominoes fall, life won't wait are amazing too.

ManicRepression
01-23-2011, 04:19 PM
"Life Won't Wait" is just a poor mans version of The Clash. If I wanna hear something that sounds like it could be done by The Clash, I will just listen to The Clash.

Rancid were always overrated. Never anything that special, they are entry level punk.

PunkRockerPengu
01-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Rancid were always overrated. Never anything that special, they are entry level punk.

I don't think I've ever heard a more contradictory sentence in my life. In fact, it's so stupid I shouldn't even be humouring you by quoting it. :p:

What the hell is 'entry level' punk? There's no such thing. What, you advance in stages of punk rockdom until you are listening to the ultimately badass punk rock that all elite punk rockers listen to?

That was a stupid thing to say man. :haha:

ManicRepression
01-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Rancid is the band you listen to when you start listening to punk. Then you realise there are tons of better bands out there and rarely come back to them.

They serve as an introduction to the style.

BrianApocalypse
01-29-2011, 06:30 PM
^ ManicRepression is right on the money there.

When you think about it, Punk is like a pyramid whereby most punk = least accessible.

So on the bottom of the pyramid you have your Green Day and your Rancid and your NOFX, then you have your Ramones and your Clash, then your SLF and Black Flag, and right at the top you have THE EXPLOITED, because they're the most punk rock band of all time. And on the little flagpole at the top of the pyramid, is THE GALLOWS.

iwannabesedated
01-29-2011, 10:05 PM
But, "most punk" does not equal the best. Though no one knows better than I do that being well known does not necessarily make you good, but there is something to be said when your music can crossover and make those that aren't usually interested in your genre become interested.

thtpunkrockerki
01-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Rancid is the band you listen to when you start listening to punk. Then you realise there are tons of better bands out there and rarely come back to them.

They serve as an introduction to the style.

I started listening to Punk because of the song Fall Back Down. I searched it on pandora radio and it played a Rise Against song and some other more punk like bands that I thought were amazing. I still like Fall Back Down and a couple other Rancid songs though.

PunkRockerPengu
02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't know about the whole 'd1s ish m0ar punk' ideal, but I see the idea now.

I guess due to their prominence, bands like Rancid and Green Day are the ones who introduce people to all that.

I've listened to a lot of underground stuff from fringey compilations that nobody has heard of, plenty of those Epitaph bands and the mainstream ones like Green Day. Yet Green Day is still my favourite of them all.

As for Rancid, I think they're pretty cool. Their first few albums were great and there are a couple good songs in each. But I feel like Tim is losing his way somehow, he just looks lost and not like he used to. He's older now and just overall seems not as able.

Looking back at performances over the years, it seems like Lars more and more supports the band over Tim and acts as the 'frontman' and generally keeps them together during the show. Lars does a good job of it too! But it's interesting how there is that joint frontman thing going on and as Tim gets older (and seemingly a bit less able), Lars participates in that role more.

Not only that, but I just don't like Let The Dominoes Fall very much. It's just nothing special to me and it doesn't blow me away. That and Tim seems to have picked up this strong accent which I feel resembles all those horrible rappers on the radio. Listen to him on that album and see if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Listen to 'Last One To Die', the chorus of it where he goes "We're going up, you're going down, we're still around."

Do you hear that accent I was talking about? I swear it reminds me of those rappers, the way he pronouces things now.

jakesmellspoo
02-09-2011, 06:29 PM
i just saw a Rancid vs. Operation Ivy record at Vintage Vinyl yesterday. i think it was from the live show where Jesse showed up to play some Op Ivy songs. I was vaguely interested until I saw the price was around 20 bucks for a record w/ about 8 live tracks of uncertain quality. i found a copy of Riot Ska soon afterward and got that shit!

ManicRepression
02-13-2011, 03:06 AM
I started listening to Punk because of the song Fall Back Down. I searched it on pandora radio and it played a Rise Against song and some other more punk like bands that I thought were amazing. I still like Fall Back Down and a couple other Rancid songs though.

I still do listen to them from time to time, but more as nostalgia. "...And out come the wolves" was the first punk album I got. I remember some kid in school gave it to me cause he thought I would get into it. I listened to it for weeks on end.

Still like that album, just find myself not going back to it often.

Kid also gave me "It Takes A Nation of Millions...." by Public Enemy, which is another one of my fave albums. Not even that big on rap, but Chuck D was always cool to me, makes up for what Flava Flav has become.

ygokazuki
02-13-2011, 06:19 AM
out come the wolves + ixnay by the offspring = that ish

Iluvpowerchords
02-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Rancid just makes me miss being a Junior in High school.

iwannabesedated
02-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Rancid just makes me miss being a Junior in High school.

I dunno about you, but being a Junior in High School sucked major ass.

beefyboy232
02-15-2011, 11:29 PM
of all the Rancid albums, I listen to the hell out of Skull and Crossbones. Hands down their best constructed album ...And out come the Wolves was kinda boring, sure its emotional n whatev but it has a few good songs. Life Won't Wait... I don't see why the hell everyone likes it so much. Indestructable was OK. Let's Go was really good. Gun was pretty good. Let The Dominoes Fall was so much of a dissapointment.... don't know where to start. Its like all their worst songs compiled onto one f-ing album.

only reason I listen to a lot of their songs nowadays is because of the bass line. Also, Skull and Crossbones. Hands down cream my pants every time I listen.

BlaiseTheSlayer
02-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Meh, Rancid is alright. I like Let's Go and ...And Out Come the Wolves. That's about it though.

CoreyGregory
02-26-2011, 12:30 AM
You guys are nuts. Every Rancid album before Indestructible is amazing

Lots O' FX
02-28-2011, 02:26 AM
I like Rancid :shrug: even Let the Dominoes Fall. The only album I don't really like is Indestructible.

People need to shut up about "entry level" bands, I understand how they are popular so obviously anyone getting into punk would listen to them first but I hate how self righteous pricks use as some kind of insult.

Someone can listen to plenty of more obscure and better bands, but can still think of Rancid as their favorite band. I don't listen to Rancid that much anymore (though I have listened to ...And Out Come the Wolvtes and Life Won't Wait occasionally the past few months,) but I'm not just going to turn my nose up at them and think of them as unpunx because people new to the genre like it.

Hell I might even say I hate Tim Armstrong, Lars Frederiksen and their stupid ****ing head tattoos, I still don't bitch about them.

I just realize how much time I just wasted incoherently defending a band I barely like anymore...

PunkRockerPengu
02-28-2011, 07:06 AM
People need to shut up about "entry level" bands, I understand how they are popular so obviously anyone getting into punk would listen to them first but I hate how self righteous pricks use as some kind of insult.

^ Amen.

I just realize how much time I just wasted incoherently defending a band I barely like anymore...

^ Lol'd. :p:

jakesmellspoo
02-28-2011, 02:52 PM
i like the first like, 4 songs on indestructible. i'd really just rather listen to op ivy any time i have the urge to listen to rancid

jibran
03-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Friend used to be hella into them, I thought they were pretty fun.

ICOG
03-04-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm thinking of buying a Rancid album. I imagine ...and out come the wolves would be the best starting place?

iwannabesedated
03-04-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking of buying a Rancid album. I imagine ...and out come the wolves would be the best starting place?

Yeah, and I would contend it's their best but that's just me.

DempseyPunk
03-04-2011, 11:53 PM
The acoustic version of let the dominoes fall is rather good. Its the only other album I like :shrug: