Dropkick Murphys and Hallmark card company?

PDA

View Full Version : Dropkick Murphys and Hallmark card company?

askingforit176
02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
So today I was working at my job scanning greeting cards for inventory in my store, and happened to look at the back of one of the music cards and saw that they had I'm shipping up to Boston on there I was kinda shocked, I know It was a pretty big hit. But I remember goin to see em back in 03 in Boston and listenin to how much shit they talked about the upper class and how much they were for the lower class. I don't know why but I was so annoyed by findin them on a hallmark card. Thoughts?

the_wassel
02-09-2010, 07:43 PM
sold out... to the upper class card buying public.

ext1jdh
02-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Here's the big secret of the music business...

(. )(. )

( .)( .)

It's

All

About

MONEY

But don't tell anyone cos it's a huge secret.

askingforit176
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Lol well I'm not one to talk shit about signin to a major or anything but I think hallmark is a little excessive.

Lots O' FX
02-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Now all I can think about are unfunny punk Hallmark cards.

"OI OI OI IT'S A BOY!" is the only even mildly amusing one I can come up with and even that's stupid

BR0KENHEARTED
02-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Whats wrong with selling your lyrics? You're selling your music ...

mikeskiboshski
02-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I think it is a good idea. And sometimes bands have no control over their music. Not every artist owns their music, you know?

lookpizza
02-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm gonna start a D.I.Y. greeting card company. You guys should give me some suggestions for punk greeting cards. I'll be sure to take all the credit when I get rich off of it though.

RizzoWashburn
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
DKM sucks. Boston sucks. You all suck.

neidnarb11890
02-11-2010, 11:02 PM
DKM may suck, but that's no reason to hate on Boston. Let's not forget they also gave us such memorable acts as Mission of Burma and the Pixies.

People from Boston are annoying, though. There's a girl from Boston in my American Politics & Government class, and let me tell, that's no accent they've got up there; it's a speech impediment.

Manos15
02-11-2010, 11:35 PM
DKM sucks. Boston rules. You all suck.
true

lolmnt
02-11-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm Irish enough to be in DKM

RizzoWashburn
02-11-2010, 11:51 PM
true
Have you ever spent an extended period of time in Boston? The people are all assholes/hipsters/self-righteous cunts, the weather ****ing sucks, everything is expensive as ****, punk shows ****ing suck, and any time a good band actually plays there its always with a bunch of other shitty bands. Not to mention you can't go to a show without being antagonized by a bunch of toughguy hardcore kids.

:angry:

SuperBlob
02-11-2010, 11:57 PM
They had that song in The Departed

...yeah

Manos15
02-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Have you ever spent an extended period of time in Boston? The people are all assholes/hipsters/self-righteous cunts, the weather ****ing sucks, everything is expensive as ****, punk shows ****ing suck, and any time a good band actually plays there its always with a bunch of other shitty bands. Not to mention you can't go to a show without being antagonized by a bunch of toughguy hardcore kids.

:angry:
Hipsters suck but I've never been personally bothered by one.
I'm used to the shitty weather of Massachusetts.
I don't buy anything when I'm there, except food which is always good if you go to the right places.
I don't know what kind of shows you're going to, but every one I've been to has been a blast with virtually no shitty kids. The Boston area is also putting out some of the best bands in hardcore.

neidnarb11890
02-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm Irish enough to be in DKM
I'm too Irish to be in DKM.

I've spent extended periods of time in Boston.
I love the city.
Weather's never been a problem.
I'm a reclusive misanthrope who hates everyone (including you guys), so of course the people are assholes. Same shit you get anywhere else.
I've never been to a punk show in Boston.
My friend at college is from New Hampshire, and he says everything's way more expensive here (Connecticut) than back home. So yeah, shit seems expensive when you live in a place that doesn't believe in taxes or rules, but I'm used to it.

mikeskiboshski
02-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Hipsters suck but I've never been personally bothered by one.
I'm used to the shitty weather of Massachusetts.
I don't buy anything when I'm there, except food which is always good if you go to the right places.
I don't know what kind of shows you're going to, but every one I've been to has been a blast with virtually no shitty kids. The Boston area is also putting out some of the best bands in hardcore.

Anger managment...

RockThe40oz
02-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Now all I can think about are unfunny punk Hallmark cards.

"OI OI OI IT'S A BOY!" is the only even mildly amusing one I can come up with and even that's stupid
My grandma got me a card around halloween with a punk kid standing in the middle of a pumpkin patch giving a p0nx face... All it said was "punk in patch"

I laughed.

skatinpunk
02-13-2010, 01:15 AM
My grandma got me a card around halloween with a punk kid standing in the middle of a pumpkin patch giving a p0nx face... All it said was "punk in patch"

I laughed.
that's awesome

Tster
02-17-2010, 05:38 AM
This reminds me of how Anti-Flag signed to sony. they sung about give all these major corporations then signed to one so they could be 'heard more'
more money, it happens to a ton of bands.

yet if my band was offered a mjor label deal we'd probably take it. but we're not exactly full on punk

BlaiseTheSlayer
03-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm Shipping up to Boston isn't even an original DKM song.

RockThe40oz
03-02-2010, 09:48 PM
No DKM song is an original DKM song