Punks, need your help!

PDA

View Full Version : Punks, need your help!

crustyreed
02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
I got arrested for dumpster diving and need 500 for bail....

JK

Ok so i know i don't really come on here anymore, started to read too much Zerzan, and well me and the computer arn't that cool anymore.

But i need your guys's opinion on Olympia washington!

I'm most probably going to school next year at the Evergreen State College (!!!!), and i gotta hear how the city is!

I've been outta the scene pretty much for a year or two and just been smoking trees in the forests, reading, and meditating. Hows the music in olywa?! house shows are a plenty i've heard, and i visited and their were anarchists, crusties and hippies everywhere :D

But anyone been there for an extended period of time? a scene report would be awesome!

with Peace & Love, reed

(and yeah i realize this is probably against forum rules or something, but i know the president! ohhhh, you guys vote yearly don't you?........)

Iluvpowerchords
02-15-2010, 09:54 PM
The presidency is a figurehead position.

Well, 'cept for that brief time in which Jordan was president AND Mod.

But I haven't even made any decrees...

Cuz I've been TOO BUSY PARTYING!!!!! :D

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TEb8sbcilLkBeb/HU0Rp109vRRv35

I'm also apparently too partied out to help you in anyway...

Sorry brother. :shrug:

neidnarb11890
02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
NEW YORK CITY, I WISH I WAS ON THE HIGHWAY
BAAAAAACK TO OLYMPIA!!!!

Good times.

Never been there myself.

crustyreed
02-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Much appreciated anyways, when one's all partied out their really isn't much they can do except pass out.

Yes neidnarb that rancid quote is appreciated, i should just ask tim. Has he, perchance come on here to defend himself against all the jokes he is the butt of on this forum? that'd make it much easier to get in touch!

oh and i meant to mention this last time i came to visit! sorry for being an asshole to everyone, not thinking of any particular instances but i was really mean when i was younger and i'm sure i said some nasty stuff on here.

Party on.

neidnarb11890
02-15-2010, 10:17 PM
I always thought you were a pretty nice guy, actually. :shrug:

Iluvpowerchords
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Reed I feel like yer pretty esteemed here.

But I appreciate the AA style apology. Only like 10 steps to go :p:

axeslash
02-15-2010, 11:49 PM
I haven't been to Washington in years and when I lived there I didn't know what punk was.

That being said I ****ing hate Washington and never want to go back.

neidnarb11890
02-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh, axeslash! What don't you hate?

the_wassel
02-16-2010, 12:37 AM
yes, olympia sounds kickass.

lolmnt
02-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Oh, axeslash! What don't you hate?
Me.

BR0KENHEARTED
02-16-2010, 01:28 PM
I'll ask Tim myself.

xUptoNoGoodx
02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Just hangout on the corner of 52nd and Broadway.

Here's the scene report for ya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJJYjszd8vU

whyvern
02-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Olympia has alot of good house shows and there's a small but very active punk scene there. Alot of it is "weird" punk. Kinda like worcester. Maybe THE NEW BLOODS were from there... they sound like it. CHIN UP! MERRIWETHER lives there now and he moved from Montana, definite step up. Some mobile punks moved up there to go to Evergreen and I don't know how they like it. I haven't seen them in a few years. I've heard good things about it. It's a town that's cheap to live in and there's the college which provides people lots of opportunities to get shit for free. But at the same time it has the pitfalls of every college town (bros, living in a cultural bubble, rampant gentrification etc)... but it's not as big as say Bloomington or Gainesville.

Hope this helps.

I'd say just move to Seattle or Vancouver though.

Against Him?
02-22-2010, 01:48 AM
i'd suggest ashville, north caronila.
there's just something weird about that town. crusties and hippies everywhere tons of busking and crazy homebums that share their handles of whiskey with you. Everyone that goes there just gets bermuda trianguled and stuck there. But it's a great place to be.
Charleston, sc's pretty cool too if you can put up with the more folk/indieness of the scene.

Iluvpowerchords
02-22-2010, 03:09 AM
And you can go to Asheville Tourists games during the summer.

They have a pretty froody ballpark. It was featured briefly in Bull Durham

But really. If it's weirdoes he's lookin' for he could just go to Ithaca. They ride bicycles in January!!! :wtf:

And they got some pretty lookin' alterna-girls. I had one on the hook on Saturday till the cops showed up. She had the best hair I've ever seen besides mine. It was curly and red and lovely.

I used the word "Titian" when I complemented her but she didn't get it. So she ain't that weird.

But I work slow so I'da needed like three more weeks of sporadic appearances before I thought about maybe askin' her to a casual movie date with slushies which wouldn't work as I refuse to date anyone who lives more than like 10 minutes from me. Traffic not included.

But thinking about it, there are prolly loads of weirdoes in the Northwest too and the weather and scenery are nicer.

whyvern
02-22-2010, 11:34 AM
i'd suggest ashville, north caronila.
there's just something weird about that town. crusties and hippies everywhere tons of busking and crazy homebums that share their handles of whiskey with you. Everyone that goes there just gets bermuda trianguled and stuck there. But it's a great place to be.
Charleston, sc's pretty cool too if you can put up with the more folk/indieness of the scene.

ASHEVILLE'S ALL RIGHT ... IF YOU LIKE DRUM CIRCLES!!!!