Zachary Guitars

PDA

View Full Version : Zachary Guitars

leftyace
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
http://www.zacharyguitars.com/

I noticed there was not a thread on them here (maybe for a reason?) and I was curious to see what people think of them. In a way I think they're attractive, but definitely not for everyone.

Here you can see the guitars that have been made:

http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Currently_for_Sale.htm

Thoughts? Experiences? There's certainly alot of (crazy?) ideas all over that site and half of me says it's crazy while the other half bleeds to try one.

Demonhunter04
02-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Don't like the headstocks. The body's are interesting though.

p o e
02-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Well, he's certainly proud of them.

JRKul393
02-17-2010, 11:20 PM
this guy seems like a dickhead

leftyace
02-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Perhaps, but if his guitars are as good as all the testimonials say they are then I couldn't care less.

littlephil
02-18-2010, 01:48 AM
I've heard things that would prove your point. Supposedly, someone who bought one of his guitars (and had been talking to him about getting another) bought a guitar of a different brand (dont know which, and it doesnt really matter) and so Zachary started completely ignoring his emails, and refused to let him buy another of his guitars! Just because he bought another guitar that wasnt his! Also, he sounds a little like Ed Roman, with the stuff he says about production guitars, and basically any guitar that isnt his.

JagStang5246
02-18-2010, 02:17 AM
This jerkoff buys his guitars back if they don't get played. I doubt there is even one on eBay. This mofo probably bought it back. He is waaaay too cocky.

JagStang5246
02-18-2010, 02:20 AM
"Can you imagine if Hendrix could have used a Zachary guitar? That would have been a whole other dimension. Hendrix would have taken things to another universe. It would have been Hendrix as we know him but multiplied by a factor of 100. The world could not have handled it. While hundreds of other pros were playing their Strats, Hendrix would have been like an alien from outer space with his Zachary guitar, doing things which were never possible before. It would have been scary."

He said this himself. The guitar doesn't make the player. The player makes the player.

LP_CL
02-18-2010, 07:15 AM
I have a friend who owns 4 zacharys, all of them top notch instruments. The only thing i don't like is the upper fret access, but then again, i'm spoiled with my soloist :p

seth's daddy
02-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Those guitars are butt-fugli. I wouldn't want one for free.

sylphin
02-18-2010, 07:47 AM
you could offer me every ****ing one of his guitars fro free, id turn em all down for one chance to kick that stupid asshole right in the bollocks!

Archer18
02-18-2010, 07:54 AM
$400 for a Boost/Overdrive pedal. And then this guy rants about the Klon - http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Klon.htm

And I thought I would just pick out this quote

"In comparison to the great touch sensitivity, clarity, transparency and the wonderful independent Clean Boost section of the Zachary Pedal, well...there is absolutely no comparison."

Talk about arrogant

leftyace
02-18-2010, 09:31 AM
I have a friend who owns 4 zacharys, all of them top notch instruments. The only thing i don't like is the upper fret access, but then again, i'm spoiled with my soloist :p
Awesome, a reply that actually has something to do with the instruments. Would you say that they're worth the price or even more?

I think we get at this point that you're all too cool for this guy, so maybe we could talk about the guitars?

LP_CL
02-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Awesome, a reply that actually has something to do with the instruments. Would you say that they're worth the price or even more?

I think we get at this point that you're all too cool for this guy, so maybe we could talk about the guitars?
The guitars themselves are definatly worth the price, regarding quality. The question remains though whether they are what you're looking for or not. They are very suitable for blues, Jimmy style rock, stone rock, rockabily, etc etc, but i wouldn't buy them to play metal on.

zeek7pc
02-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I like the guitar he made from a cutting board..... It slices, it dices, it makes thousands of julianne fries!!!!

nightraven
02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
ahaha yeah this guy

$400 for a Boost/Overdrive pedal. And then this guy rants about the Klon - http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Klon.htm

And I thought I would just pick out this quote

"In comparison to the great touch sensitivity, clarity, transparency and the wonderful independent Clean Boost section of the Zachary Pedal, well...there is absolutely no comparison."

Talk about arrogant
his klon rant is a work of art

i'm sure he makes a relatively good product but he's a huge, idiotic troll :haha

thelax
02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
there is something about his rant about the world that makes me just wanna keep reading it........ scary..

On the topic, I would like to try one of those guitars, but alas, I don't believe I am Zach qualified

darkstar53
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
you could offer me every ****ing one of his guitars fro free, id turn em all down for one chance to kick that stupid asshole right in the bollocks!
AHAHAHAHA! My sentiments exactly. What a jizzrag.

zeek7pc
02-18-2010, 03:08 PM
there is something about his rant about the world that makes me just wanna keep reading it........ scary..

On the topic, I would like to try one of those guitars, but alas, I don't believe I am Zach qualified

I read the entire site. I'm bored at work. Check out his custom strings page, this guy is too freakin' awesome. I'd hate to be his neighbor. :haha:

leftyace
02-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Haha it's actually a pretty good business plan. Be so annoying and insulting that people have no choice but to keep reading.

Archer18
02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Has anyone read the Guitar string section - http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Strings.htm

Just a little quote - "If you are somewhat mentally challenged, slow at comprehension or one of the ignorant Circle Jerks from a guitar forum, then just read the short comment below. Its all you need to know."

thelax
02-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow... finished reading everything, and I must (if rather shamefully) admit... it's quite mesmerizing in a weird way... like I mentioned before

one thing I don't get though... is that half the time he is claiming that he hates the big markets and guitar stores, but in some sections he's saying "DEALERS WELCOME" or "ASK YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD GUITAR STORES TO CARRY ZOG STRINGS!"

so if by any chance one of those big chain guitar retail stores ask him if they can carry his awesone pedals, the ZOG strings, and.... the SKANK, would he just tell them to kiss his arse? I'd love to know...

maddnotez
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Wow... finished reading everything, and I must (if rather shamefully) admit... it's quite mesmerizing in a weird way... like I mentioned before

one thing I don't get though... is that half the time he is claiming that he hates the big markets and guitar stores, but in some sections he's saying "DEALERS WELCOME" or "ASK YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD GUITAR STORES TO CARRY ZOG STRINGS!"

so if by any chance one of those big chain guitar retail stores ask him if they can carry his awesone pedals, the ZOG strings, and.... the SKANK, would he just tell them to kiss his arse? I'd love to know...

a little late to the party but Im wondering the same. Why dealers welcome? He hates dealers. Claims he is wealthy from a different business and doesnt care about selling any of his stuff.

Lots of catch 22's with this guy, but his stuff looks amazing.

I want the BR rich clone made from the "urban forest" wood lol

bragglefraggle
12-01-2011, 01:59 PM
looks like a crappy schecter avenger

maddnotez
12-01-2011, 02:03 PM
looks like a crappy schecter avenger

:confused:

Looks like an all natural BC Rich from the 80's with endless chunky tone to me..

Briyan_15
12-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Here is another dumb Quote...You either use ZOG or you are an Idiot. Its dictated by the laws of nature and by God herself.
Why Is god a she in this instance?

Darkdevil725
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I all ready hate this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Ej1Ob8DpQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Here is a description from one his youtube videos.

What the heck is this you ask? Well, if you have never heard of Zachary Handcrafted Guitars, you must have been wasting your life chatting in guitar forums or hanging out as a VIP customer at Guitar Center or a your favorite local Guitar Boutique. Shame on you. You have just been getting stupider by the minute. Now you have been awakened and a revelation has come your way. www.zacharyguitars.com