Looking for Feedback! Douglas Shields & The X-Factors

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback! Douglas Shields & The X-Factors

misfitsdisciple
03-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey Guys!

It's been a long time since I've cruised around the UG forums. I've been busy with life, etc.

Down to business, my band just recorded our first full length album. It's a 10 song record and we recorded with Rob McGregor from Goldentone Studios in Gainesville, FL. He's basically earned my favorite person award, such a chill, awesome guy.

Anyway, all the songs are up on the myspace, Douglas Shields & The X-Factors (http://myspace.com/douglasshieldsthexfactors)

Tell me what you think.

BrianApocalypse
03-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi man, nice to see you back.

I only got the chance to listen to Born the Enemy so far, but I thought it was pretty cool.

I'll hope to provide you with something more in-depth soon though. :cheers:

lolmnt
03-14-2010, 11:55 AM
This is good. I like it.

Tster
03-15-2010, 05:20 AM
nice man, its sweet

lavazza
03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I listened to half of it I think........itīs a bit too american for me, but thatīs not your fault, thatīs taste, therefore thumbs up. Fine production, your singer has a decent voice and the music is also ok, though not really my cup of tea, still good.

RockThe40oz
03-15-2010, 06:20 PM
It's fun music. You succeed. Congrats.

Name's not that great, though.

axeslash
03-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Good to see you're still alive.

And makin' music that I enjoy.

werty22
03-15-2010, 10:57 PM
The second song kinda reminds me of the Gun Club. Just a little. Pretty gud.

misfitsdisciple
03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
It's fun music. You succeed. Congrats.

Name's not that great, though.

Haha, that's funny because our name is based on this shitty job that all of us worked at one point or another. Our boss's name was Douglas Shields and the X-Factor part was how fast you typed. Pretty lame, but it stuck.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! we have it up for download on Band Camp (some website that hosts music downloads). It's a donation site, you can get it for free, or if you like it a ton, you can pay a couple bucks.

http://dsxf.bandcamp.com/

It cost us a few hundred dollars to make, so we're just hoping to at least break even. But again, we promote music for all, so if you don't have money, or just don't give a ****, download it, rip it, share with friends, etc.

Thanks everyone!

captain_jack
03-17-2010, 04:08 PM
This is good! I like it!

lolmnt
03-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Downloaded. I saw that your album was free on Punknews before here btw.

misfitsdisciple
03-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Haha cool. I think that's because our guitarist is insane about online media and submitted the album there, and just about everywhere else that talks about music.

axeslash
03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
That's the way to do it these days.