Well, Fat Mike's hit rock bottom

PDA

View Full Version : Well, Fat Mike's hit rock bottom

Lots O' FX
03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
http://www.pinpointmusic.com/cokie-the-clown-sxsw-2010-fat-mike

Personally, I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing his cock.

Aaronn58
03-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Thatx the saddest sht ive heard all day
im relly bummed now

lolmnt
03-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm sick of this story. He just pulled an Andy Kaufman is all.

Lots O' FX
03-27-2010, 09:32 PM
No I'm pretty sure he pulled...

/sunglasses

out his dick.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:sad:

DempseyPunk
03-28-2010, 12:08 AM
haha, they drank his piss? ****in awesome

lookpizza
03-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Mike fat is my father... seriously.

nashawa
03-28-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm sick of this story. He just pulled an Andy Kaufman is all.
First thing I thought of as well.

Mr Pringle
03-28-2010, 01:06 AM
hmmm, i'm kind of curious to how that white russian would have tasted like... yeah, I guess he's gone a bit insane but I still like his music :\

werty22
03-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Link's not working for me.

axeslash
03-28-2010, 04:13 AM
I wonder if any of this is true.

Any of it.

And yes I read the part where the fellow musicians corroborated. Never trust a punk when he says something is 100% accurate. This is a valuable lesson for all you kids out there.

BrianApocalypse
03-28-2010, 09:23 AM
I wonder if any of this is true.

Any of it.

And yes I read the part where the fellow musicians corroborated. Never trust a punk when he says something is 100% accurate. This is a valuable lesson for all you kids out there.

Personally, I don't care if it's true or not, because I always thought that NOFX were puerile crap anyway, so even just to do a show based on lies is still good form, and still better than NOFX.

RizzoWashburn
03-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Those stories make him seem like a real douche bag. **** him.

lolmnt
03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I watched it on youtube. It's awkward just watching it on a video, so I can't even imagine what it was like to be there. But I have a hard time believe that a guy dresses up as a clown, plans a show, and then is super depressed. I mean, if this was a tangent at a NoFX show I could believe it. And I can even see humor in it. People were expecting a clowning performance. Maybe some juggling, getting sprayed by water with a flower, maybe a pie in the face or two. But instead they got a bunch of depressing stories about rape, euthanasia, suicide, and fan milking. And all those things seem to go along with better with a coked up clown.

werty22
03-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Link works now.

Yeah, I don't know if I buy it or not.

Against Him?
03-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I lol'd when i read that it was his piss in the bottle of patron. That is hilarious.

skatinpunk
03-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I watched it on youtube. It's awkward just watching it on a video, so I can't even imagine what it was like to be there. But I have a hard time believe that a guy dresses up as a clown, plans a show, and then is super depressed. I mean, if this was a tangent at a NoFX show I could believe it. And I can even see humor in it. People were expecting a clowning performance. Maybe some juggling, getting sprayed by water with a flower, maybe a pie in the face or two. But instead they got a bunch of depressing stories about rape, euthanasia, suicide, and fan milking. And all those things seem to go along with better with a coked up clown.
can you post the link? i can only find a couple of clips..

di4gram
03-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I laughed through the whole article.

edit: then I laughed through most of the video

charliezard!
03-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Why would you laugh at that?
That's dumb.
NOFX fans are dumb.

I believe it, I guess. Fat Mike is dumb.

nashawa
03-29-2010, 12:18 AM
The video (which I only watched today) was depressing as fuck. Didn't find it funny at all really.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Why would you laugh at that?
That's dumb.
NOFX fans are dumb.

I believe it, I guess. Fat Mike is dumb.

Because Fat Mike trolled a whole bunch of people, ****ed with them for like half an hour, talked about drinking piss through most of the show, angrily berated people who laughed at his morbid stories, and then as a final "**** you" he showed them a video of him serving them his own piss. Suddenly all the piss-drinking discussion made sense.

It was awkward, inappropriate, disturbing, bizarre, and pretty funny. Anyone who expected more from Fat Mike is dumb.

axeslash
03-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Out of all this Fat Mike will make more money.

Neat.

Don't you love this country?

di4gram
03-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Out of all this Fat Mike will make more money.

Neat.

Don't you love this country?

Well, he has gained a lot of notoriety and will probably lose some fans who shouldn't be fans anyway. In fact, a lot of people who follow NoFX quite religiously think that what he did was beyond the pale. Good.

What I saw when I watched the video was a guy dressed up in a clown suit who didn't give a ****. He was doing his own thing. He didn't cave in to the pressure in the room for him to laugh it all off, to make a big joke of the whole ordeal. What he did was actually punk, and it is hilarious to see so many people recoil from it.

Why you gotta be like that Fat Mike? Can't you just write more songs about George Bush and hating the government? :rolleyes: *pops a Xanax and strokes his Against Me poster*

DempseyPunk
03-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Once Fat Mike chucks his own shit at people, he will be an uber punker.

axeslash
03-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Don't forget rape. He's gotta rape someone too.

Lots O' FX
03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Don't forget rape. He's gotta rape someone too.

Only if he does it with a rolled up leather jacket, that's the only way rape can be punk.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Ah yes, things can't be punk because if you call them punk they're not punk. :rolleyes:

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Ah yes, things can't be punk because if you call them punk they're not punk. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Idk wut ur talkin bout im p0nx as fvck *-)

charliezard!
03-29-2010, 03:39 PM
and then as a final "**** you" he showed them a video of him serving them his own piss.

EDGY!
"That's what you guys get for coming to my shows and liking my music!"

Oh. Man. What a rebellious and misunderstood ANTIHERO. Mad respect.

charliezard!
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Well, he has gained a lot of notoriety and will probably lose some fans who shouldn't be fans anyway. In fact, a lot of people who follow NoFX quite religiously think that what he did was beyond the pale. Good.

What I saw when I watched the video was a guy dressed up in a clown suit who didn't give a ****. He was doing his own thing. He didn't cave in to the pressure in the room for him to laugh it all off, to make a big joke of the whole ordeal. What he did was actually punk, and it is hilarious to see so many people recoil from it.

Why you gotta be like that Fat Mike? Can't you just write more songs about George Bush and hating the government? :rolleyes: *pops a Xanax and strokes his Against Me poster*

Yes. It's punk to **** your fans over like that. To be a complete dick.
The fact that you think that anything Fat Mike does could be considered punk is bordering on retarded.
Yer blowin my mind here. Stop being in this forum now please.

GoodCharloteSux
03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
NOFX sucks, Fat Mike sucks....disgusting and sad.

werty22
03-29-2010, 04:03 PM
The fact that you think that anything Fat Mike does could be considered punk is bordering on retarded.
Assuming he was "trolling," I think it's pretty kool (except serving the audience urine, but surely that's not really what it was). :shrug: That's coming from someone who really dislikes NOFX and thinks Fat Mike is annoying.

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 04:15 PM
If he really did serve the audience urine he could face serious criminal charges and lawsuits considering every single one of those people could sue his ass. He seems like too much of business man to be that dumb.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM

You're right. Punks are nice, anarcho-vegetarian street-boyscouts. :rolleyes:

If you ignore the contemporary definition of punk, which was reinvented by hippy wannabes who preach a bunch of bullshit they have no real experience with, then it's pretty straightforward that this is in line with what punk was when it didn't suck. Now it's all "Hurrr, we hate cops because they're authority! We never break the law, but **** them!", instead of "I break the law and hate cops because they're the ones arresting me".

This actually is punk, in the vein of the 70s scene and more recently GG Allin. It was done to shock, and it worked, because despite how weathered and callous people are, it is still being discussed over a week later. Not much these days that can get that kind of rise... could this be... punk??? Certainly moreso than picking up the newest LoC/SFH/whatever marginalized, repetitive shit being pumped out of C-squat. Or anywhere else, for that matter, because it's all formulaic crap. Where in the first wave did you see this high standard of regard for fans that you're now imposing?

So a bunch of hipsters drank Fat Mike's piss. They deserved it for being such a bunch of god damned sheep. They still got about 5/8ths of a shot of tequila out of it.

I'm not blowing anything of yours. And go **** yourself. :)

EDGY!
"That's what you guys get for coming to my shows and liking my music!"

Oh. Man. What a rebellious and misunderstood ANTIHERO. Mad respect.

This kind of abuse was exactly what the entire punk scene started with. What kind of world are you living in where punk behavior isn't incredibly maladjusted?

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 04:34 PM

If you ignore the contemporary definition of punk, which was reinvented by hippy wannabes who preach a bunch of bullshit they have no real experience with, then it's pretty straightforward that this is in line with what punk was when it didn't suck. Now it's all "Hurrr, we hate cops because they're authority! We never break the law, but **** them!", instead of "I break the law and hate cops because they're the ones arresting me".

This actually is punk, in the vein of the 70s scene and more recently GG Allin. It was done to shock, and it worked, because despite how weathered and callous people are, it is still being discussed over a week later. Not much these days that can get that kind of rise... could this be... punk??? Certainly moreso than picking up the newest LoC/SFH/whatever marginalized, repetitive shit being pumped out of C-squat. Or anywhere else, for that matter, because it's all formulaic crap. Where in the first wave did you see this high standard of regard for fans that you're now imposing?

So a bunch of hipsters drank Fat Mike's piss. They deserved it for being such a bunch of god damned sheep. They still about 5/8ths of a shot of tequila out of it.

Yea you're right I bet Joe Strummer would've been all about pissing in fans drinks.
:rolleyes:
GG Allin was a disgrace and Fat Mike is a bad impression.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Yea you're right I bet Joe Strummer would've been all about pissing in fans drinks.

I have no idea, because I don't know him. The reason punks were called punks, however, was because of the behavior associated with them. Maladjusted, pissed off criminals. Violent, unstable drug addicts. There was nothing glamorous about it. Pan back to Iggy Pop blowing his nose in some groupie's hair while blasted on coke. Welcome to what started it.

I'd love to hear what your idea of punk is.

GG Allin was a disgrace and Fat Mike is a bad impression.
You're so right... we need more anti-(your cause here)!

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I have no idea, because I don't know him. The reason punks were called punks, however, was because of the behavior associated with them. Maladjusted, pissed off criminals. Violent, unstable drug addicts. There was nothing glamorous about it. Pan back to Iggy Pop blowing his nose in some groupie's hair while blasted on coke. Welcome to what started it.

I'd love to hear what your idea of punk is.

You don't know Joe Strummer of The Clash? Yet you're trying to give lessons on what punk is? :wtf:
The Stooges weren't even a punk band, behavior doesn't describe a type of music no matter how much you want it to, if that were the case than Aerosmith and Def Leopard would be the most p0nx mother****ers in the world according to you.

My idea of what a punk is, is someone who gets raped in prison, or the younger homosexual partner of an older man btw ;)

lolmnt
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM

So a bunch of hipsters drank Fat Mike's piss. They deserved it for being such a bunch of god damned sheep. They still got about 5/8ths of a shot of tequila out of it.

This kind of abuse was exactly what the entire punk scene started with. What kind of world are you living in where punk behavior isn't incredibly maladjusted?I'm going to pee in your drink.

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM

This kind of abuse was exactly what the entire punk scene started with. What kind of world are you living in where punk behavior isn't incredibly maladjusted?
You don't really get punk do you?

di4gram
03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
You don't know Joe Strummer of The Clash? Yet you're trying to give lessons on what punk is? :wtf:

I don't know him personally, and neither do you.
What motivates the "I LOVE YOU ALL" attitude of musicians toward their audience? Money. Whether you sell out to a record company or sell out to fans, it's ridiculous self-indulgent bologna.

The Stooges weren't even a punk band, behavior doesn't describe a type of music no matter how much you want it too, if that were the case than Aerosmith and Def Leopard would be the most p0nx mother****ers in the world according to you.

What is "punk music"? The formula record companies use to cram bands into genres? I don't play that game. The Stooges were punk for their time, because they acted punk, they played music which expressed actual punk ideals, and had a huge impact on the early punk movement. Even if it doesn't fit your equation, to say it didn't have a huge impact on the early punk movement is flat-out wrong. But that's history and it's bullshit, and has nothing to do with the fact that Fat Mike tricking the crowd into drinking his piss is punk in every sense of the word except:

My idea of what a punk is, is someone who gets raped in prison, or the younger homosexual partner of an older man btw ;)
Hur.

I'm going to pee in your drink.

There's nothing wrong with drinking liquor with a little piss in it, unless you're really fussy.

Please enlighten me. I'm all ears. :rolleyes:
Though if you're gonna do the self-righteous boyscout lecture, spare me. I won't read it.

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't know him personally, and neither do you.
What motivates the "I LOVE YOU ALL" attitude of musicians toward their audience? Money. Whether you sell out to a record company or sell out to fans, it's ridiculous self-indulgent bologna.

What is "punk music"? The formula record companies use to cram bands into genres? I don't play that game. The Stooges were punk for their time, because they acted punk, they played music which expressed actual punk ideals, and had a huge impact on the early punk movement. Even if it doesn't fit your equation, to say it didn't have a huge impact on the early punk movement is flat-out wrong. But that's history and it's bullshit, and has nothing to do with the fact that Fat Mike tricking the crowd into drinking his piss is punk in every sense of the word except:

Hur.

There's nothing wrong with drinking liquor with a little piss in it, unless you're really fussy.

I'm moar p0nx then U ima piss on ur fayce! and ur gonna liek it cuz ur a lil fat mike fanboy fag aint you derpdiderp

lolmnt
03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
There's nothing wrong with drinking liquor with a little piss in it, unless you're really fussy.Alright. Post a video of yourself drinking a shot with piss in it please. I need to see you piss in the shot glass directly.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm moar p0nx then U ima piss on ur fayce! and ur gonna liek it cuz ur a lil fat mike fanboy fag aint you derpdiderp
Except you would never actually piss on anyone, because that would be risky and everybody knows that riskiness has no role in punk anything. :rolleyes:
Alright. Post a video of yourself drinking a shot with piss in it please. I need to see you piss in the shot glass directly.
I said there's nothing wrong with it. That doesn't mean that I am going to do it for free.

lolmnt
03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
I said there's nothing wrong with it. That doesn't mean that I am going to do it for free.So you're saying you don't want to drink pee?

neidnarb11890
03-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Jamming econo is punk.
Reading Rimbaud is punk.
Doing heroin is punk.
Having sex with other guys is punk.

Drinking piss is just gross and stupid.
Looks like somebody over here needs to go back to Punk Rock 101.

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Except you would never actually piss on anyone, because that would be risky and everybody knows that riskiness has no role in punk anything. :rolleyes:

I said there's nothing wrong with it. That doesn't mean that I am going to do it for free.

Doing things for money isn't punk :rolleyes:
Also I wouldn't ever piss on anyone because its demeaning, and despite what your narrow inbred mind thinks, demeaning people isn't p0nx rawk bro.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Doing things for money isn't punk :rolleyes:
Maybe I meant drugs. Or shoe laces. Punk as ****.

Also I wouldn't ever piss on anyone because its demeaning, and despite what your narrow inbred mind thinks, demeaning people isn't p0nx rawk bro.

Yes it is. But not to someone who thinks that punk rock is shopping in the organic food aisle at Super Walmart.

edit: or listens to screamo as much as you do

Jamming econo is punk.
Reading Rimbaud is punk.
Doing heroin is punk.
Having sex with other guys is punk.

Drinking piss is just gross and stupid.
Looks like somebody over here needs to go back to Punk Rock 101.
You didn't weigh in on tricking other people into drinking your piss.

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Yes it is. But not to someone who thinks that punk rock is shopping in the organic food aisle at Super Walmart.

THERE IS NO ORGANIC FOOD AISLE AT SUPER WALMART! :mad:

also
no it's fvcking not.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
THERE IS NO ORGANIC FOOD AISLE AT SUPER WALMART! :mad:

also
no it's fvcking not.
I wouldn't know.

And like I'm going to consider seriously the views on punk rock as told by someone whose top band is Hot Cross, a screamo band with "seriously deep" lyrics and message.

lolmnt
03-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't know.

And like I'm going to consider seriously the views on punk rock as told by someone whose top band is Hot Cross, a screamo band with "seriously deep" lyrics and message.Like I'm going to consider the views on punk rock as told by somebody who said there's no problem drinking piss and then refusing to actually drink it. Being a hypocrite is not punk.

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't know.

And like I'm going to consider seriously the views on punk rock as told by someone whose top band is Hot Cross, a screamo band with "seriously deep" lyrics and message.

Screamo as in influenced by emo as in emotive hardcore as in Fugazi or Embrace as in Ian Mackaye from Minor Threat?

You really don't know anything about music do you?

edit: where did you even get Hot Cross from, while I do enjoy them the aren't my top band on anywhere...?

werty22
03-29-2010, 05:37 PM
If he really did serve the audience urine he could face serious criminal charges and lawsuits considering every single one of those people could sue his ass. He seems like too much of business man to be that dumb.
Yeah, I agree. Assuming that, what he did was pretty harmless. Seems like the classic "sad clown" thing, except taken to an extreme. He made people really uncomfortable. It's kinda funny.
Sarcasm. A good start. Then you lost me.

Anyone who argues about what is and isn't punk or the definition of punk is retarded. That includes all of you. Even I'm retarded for saying this.

Joe Strummer isn't the facking definitive ponk rocker any more than Iggy Pop or GG Allin or Fat Mike. They're all fags.

Shock value is neat as long as it's funny. The Sex Pistols made good use of shock value and had good music. I'm not amused by Iggy Pop's antics, but his music is awesome enough to easily make up for it. Anal **** is pretty funny even though their music sucks. People like GG Allin, who take "shock rock" too far, aren't funny and make mediocre music, suck.

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Anyone who argues about what is and isn't punk or the definition of punk is retarded. That includes all of you. Even I'm retarded for saying this.

Pshhh look at this guy, someones not very p0nx.

werty22
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Except you would never actually piss on anyone, because that would be risky and everybody knows that riskiness has no role in punk anything. :rolleyes
Risk for no reason has no role in anything.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Like I'm going to consider the views on punk rock as told by somebody who said there's no problem drinking piss and then refusing to actually drink it. Being a hypocrite is not punk.
Are you a homophobe? No? Then you better have sex with a man, and fast, before you're a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Screamo as in influenced by emo as in emotive hardcore as in Fugazi or Embrace as in Ian Mackaye from Minor Threat?

You really don't know anything about music do you?

But but.... I thought Fugazi was some kind of Japanese motorcycle??? :confused:

I don't like Fugazi, and Minor Threat is okay, but I don't generally like hardcore. I don't care where the music came from, I just know what it is, and what it represents, and it's formulaic crap. I could write a hardcore album in less time than it would take to play it.

Also, I know more about music than you could ever hope to know.

Risk for no reason has no role in anything.

Do you know what nihilism is?

SuperBlob
03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
I could write a hardcore album in less time than it would take to play it.
DO IT

Also it better be good

Also what's with the sudden influx of people telling us we're wrong? >_>

RizzoWashburn
Shock value is neat as long as it's funny. The Sex Pistols made good use of shock value and had good music. I'm not amused by Iggy Pop's antics, but his music is awesome enough to easily make up for it. Anal **** is pretty funny even though their music sucks. People like GG Allin, who take "shock rock" too far, aren't funny and make mediocre music, suck.
lies.

EDIT: This thread suddenly became amazing.

lookpizza
Are you a homophobe? No? Then you better have sex with a man, and fast, before you're a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

But but.... I thought Fugazi was some kind of Japanese motorcycle??? :confused:

I don't like Fugazi, and Minor Threat is okay, but I don't generally like hardcore. I don't care where the music came from, I just know what it is, and what it represents, and it's formulaic crap. I could write a hardcore album in less time than it would take to play it.

You're saying hardcore is formulaic (and in a general sense Hot Cross), but you're defending NOFX :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

lolmnt
03-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Are you a homophobe? No? Then you better have sex with a man, and fast, before you're a hypocrite. :rolleyes: You're grasping for an argument playa. Just drink some pee and shut the **** up.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
You're saying hardcore is formulaic (and in a general sense Hot Cross), but you're defending NOFX :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

I haven't said anything about NoFX's music, just that what Fat Mike's show was punk.

You're grasping for an argument playa. Just drink some pee and shut the **** up.

Not until you gobble a knob.

werty22
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Nearly all music is pretty formulaic, really. Some of the formulas are just a little easier to use than others.

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
lol.

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 05:52 PM
I haven't said anything about NoFX's music, just that what Fat Mike's show was punk.

You yourself said calling something punk makes it not punk.
As a matter of fact you've said nothing but a bunch of hypocritical and contradictory statements.

Also I read your lyrics. You couldn't write a good hardcore song or a good any song.

lolmnt
03-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Not until you gobble a knob.Why would I do that? I'm not arguing the morality of homosexuality. You, however, are arguing piss drinking. So drink some piss or your points are completely moot.

werty22
03-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Do you know what nihilism is?
How is that relevant?

"Life has no meaning, so I should do stuff that doesn't benefit me or anyone else."

If you're a nihilist, you might as well have fun. Urinating on somebody doesn't sound fun, just stupid and gross.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 05:59 PM
You yourself said calling something punk makes it not punk.
As a matter of fact you've said nothing but a bunch of hypocritical and contradictory statements.
I was being sarcastic. Which is why I used this :rolleyes:

If you care to point those statements out, that would be wonderful.

Also I read your lyrics. You couldn't write a good hardcore song or a good any song.
I wouldn't expect someone who likes Hot Cross as much as you do to think so.

If life has no meaning, you might as well have fun. Urinating on somebody doesn't sound fun, just stupid and gross.
Maybe you don't think it would be fun, but there are people I would piss on. Some of them are posting in this very thread.

And anyway, nihilism is pretty much the defining philosophy of punk, etc, etc. But don't go on my word, go meet some real punks and realize that they're actually like that.

neidnarb11890
03-29-2010, 06:00 PM
The fact that you're disputing Fugazi's musical credibility, and that of the entire genre of hardcore, in defense of NOFX makes me question this statement.

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't listen to Hot Cross and I also think your lyrics suck.

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Not until you gobble a knob.
We all gobble knobs here.

sargasm gobbled all the knobs.

neidnarb11890
03-29-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't listen to Hot Cross, but I'll bet Hot Cross writes better lyrics than NOFX, so I don't see what your argument is founded on.

di4gram
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
The fact that you're disputing Fugazi's musical credibility, and that of the entire genre of hardcore, in defense of NOFX makes me question this statement.
Are you illiterate?

First, I said "I don't like Fugazi". I don't like a lot of music. Their credibility isn't for me to decide, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't like them. Go back to school. Learn to read. Get out.

Second, I have yet to say anything about NoFX's music. That's right folks, I still haven't said a thing about their music in this whole thread. It's not relevant to what the discussion was about, as much as you would love to sperg over whose e-music-peen is bigger.

I don't listen to Hot Cross and I also think your lyrics suck.
I probably could care less, but it would take effort.

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:05 PM
punk is gay

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 06:06 PM
If you care to point those statements out, that would be wonderful.

I wouldn't expect someone who likes Hot Cross as much as you do to think so.

You won't drink your own piss even though you say there is nothing wrong with it. That's hypocritical.

Also I have one Hot Cross song on my last.fm with a whooping 11 plays and the band itself has a total of 40 plays. I must be the worlds biggest Hot Cross fan. :rolleyes:

SuperBlob
03-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Hah, a rather fitting song just came on, Go On Git Now by Off With Their Heads

"Take my advice, and leave now while you have a chance
It's starting right now, I can feel it, it's starting again"

di4gram
03-29-2010, 06:08 PM
You won't drink your own piss even though you say there is nothing wrong with it. That's hypocritical.
Again, I point to the homophobia example.
Is there something wrong with a man ****ing another man? No? Then do it, because obviously if you think it's alright you should do it.

Also I have one Hot Cross song on my last.fm with a whooping 11 plays and the band itself has a total of 40 plays. I must be the worlds biggest Hot Cross fan. :rolleyes:
Your most played track, if I recall.

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:09 PM
And anyway, nihilism is pretty much the defining philosophy of punk, etc, etc. But don't go on my word, go meet some real punks and realize that they're actually like that.
http://www.harrycutting.com/graphics/photos/children/child-boy-with-downs-syndrome-FC5101-19LG.jpg

neidnarb11890
03-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Are you illiterate?

First, I said "I don't like Fugazi". I don't like a lot of music. Their credibility isn't for me to decide, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't like them. Go back to school. Learn to read. Get out.
No, I'm not illiterate. You said "I don't like Fugazi, and Minor Threat is okay, but I don't generally like hardcore. I don't care where the music came from, I just know what it is, and what it represents, and it's formulaic crap. I could write a hardcore album in less time than it would take to play it." which I took as your dismissal of Fugazi and all hardcore bands as "formulaic crap".

SORRY, I GUESS MY READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS ARE BROKED.

Second, I have yet to say anything about NoFX's music. That's right folks, I still haven't said a thing about their music in this whole thread. It's not relevant to what the discussion was about, as much as you would love to sperg over whose e-music-peen is bigger.
Again, my apologies. When I read "Also, I know more about music than you could ever hope to know." I guess I just misinterpreted it as you engaging us in an "e-music-peen" size debate.

lolmnt
03-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Is there something wrong with a man ****ing another man? No? Then do it, because obviously if you think it's alright you should do it.Grasping playa. ****in' grasping. There's a big difference between man ****ing and drinking something. DRINK IT!

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
New favorite thread.

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
To be fair,
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T3lg6p_ATmc/RkuQ1gMC6BI/AAAAAAAAA-s/VAMFOt3PEOQ/s1600/Damien.jpg

di4gram
03-29-2010, 06:14 PM
http://www.harrycutting.com/graphics/photos/children/child-boy-with-downs-syndrome-FC5101-19LG.jpg

I hate to break it to you, but punk is definable, it's just that everyone's dilapidated egos prevent them from stepping up to say it because god forbid they lose their street cred.

The whole "dur no one can define punk" myth is spread around by a bunch of kids who want to wear leather and feel like bad-asses without being taken to task.

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 06:15 PM
To be fair,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T3lg6p_ATmc/RkuQ1gMC6BI/AAAAAAAAA-s/VAMFOt3PEOQ/s1600/Damien.jpg
http://www.proppa.com/ekmps/shops/weaver/images/kids-electric-ride-on-go-kart-giant-go-kart-11077-p.jpg

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Is there something wrong with a man ****ing another man? No? Then do it, because obviously if you think it's alright you should do it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a homosexual man having sex with another homosexual man, I do on the other hand think there is something wrong with a heterosexual man (such as myself) having sex with another man. Therefore it's not hypocritical or homophobic.

You on the other hand said it was fine, in general, to drink piss. SO GO DRINK SOME PISS OR BE LABELED A HYPOCRITE.

ps I've only had that last.fm scrobbled to my itunes for like a month so it's not really the most accurate description of all the music I've listened to and enjoyed in my 22 years of life.

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 06:17 PM
I hate to break it to you, but punk is definable, it's just that everyone's dilapidated egos prevent them from stepping up to say it because god forbid they lose their street cred.

The whole "dur no one can define punk" myth is spread around by a bunch of kids who want to wear leather and feel like bad-asses without being taken to task.
Nobody is saying that punk is undefinable. They're just saying you're ****ing retarded.

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:20 PM

Irony?

I just don't get how anyone thinks that his or her own definition is the single correct one. You retards can argue all day about what punk is and no one will ever gain any ground.

What makes your definition the right one? It wasn't the first one and it certainly isn't the predominant one today.

RockThe40oz
03-29-2010, 06:21 PM

I think the point is that any punk worth a damn is founded on activism and empathy... not nihilism.

skatinpunk
03-29-2010, 06:22 PM
punk is gay
leave it up to werty to contribute this to the thread

lolmnt
Nobody is saying that punk is undefinable. They're just saying you're ****ing retarded.Additionally, I don't think there's a person on this forum that is worried about their "street cred."

lookpizza
I think the point is that any punk worth a damn is founded on activism and empathy... not nihilism.

Activism and empathy? Those are big words, does that mean pissing in someones drink and wearing doc martins?

SuperBlob
Punk is in the eye of the beholder

As long as that guy's punk

It's a pretty complicated cycle

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Nobody is saying that punk is undefinable. They're just saying you're ****ing retarded.
I am. Well, not exactly. I'm saying it has so many stupid definitions that it doesn't mean much. And he's retarded.

Lots O' FX
03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Punk is that feeling you get when you're with your best gal
It's cheering for your home team
I forget what I'm referencing but you get the gist of it...

neidnarb11890
03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
http://blogs.citypages.com/pscholtes/Punk%20Is%20Whatever.jpg

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:25 PM
http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925430232/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/02/retard404.jpg

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Punk is that feeling you get when you're with your best gal
It's cheering for your home team
I forget what I'm referencing but you get the gist of it...
:golfclap:

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Where on earth are you finding all these pictures of retards?

di4gram
03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
No, I'm not illiterate. You said "I don't like Fugazi, and Minor Threat is okay, but I don't generally like hardcore. I don't care where the music came from, I just know what it is, and what it represents, and it's formulaic crap. I could write a hardcore album in less time than it would take to play it." which I took as your dismissal of Fugazi and all hardcore bands as "formulaic crap".
I'm not sure that I'd call Fugazi and Minor Threat hardcore in the same sentence and be talking about the same thing.

In any case, Fugazi isn't really screamo, and Hot Cross is, which was what I called trash in the first place and is how this entire thing came up. It's completely irrelevant to the conversation. Take your ritalin.

Again, my apologies. When I read "Also, I know more about music than you could ever hope to know." I guess I just misinterpreted it as you engaging us in an "e-music-peen" size debate.People who think that other people don't know anything about music because they might not know Fugazi or Minor Threat obviously have a very narrow scope when it comes to music.

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
On that note,

“Punk is patient; punk is kind
and envies no one.
Punk is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing punk cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and punk;
but the greatest of them all is punk.”

Lots O' FX
03-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Where on earth are you finding all these pictures of retards?

The International Retard Database? Duh

Coincidentally ird seems kind of like the sound a frustrated retard would make.

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 06:30 PM
People who think that other people don't know anything about music because they might not know Fugazi or Minor Threat obviously have a very narrow scope when it comes to music.

And what do you call that?

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:30 PM

Coincidentally ird seems kind of like the sound a frustrated retard would make.
I like you.

Lots O' FX
03-29-2010, 06:32 PM
I like you.

Get in line :cool:

SuperBlob
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I want to join in with all this arguing, my last argument got shut off prematurely :sad:

RizzoWashburn
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I feel like a douche bag for Googling that. :(

Lots O' FX
03-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I feel like a douche bag for Googling that. :(

Out of curiosity, what results came up?

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
"Punk is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what punk is. Punk is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "punk" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Punk itself is what is left over when being punk rock has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one punk and not two."

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/em0killa/mohawk.jpg

werty22
Out of curiosity, what results came up?
Google it yourself, retard.

RizzoWashburn
http://www.drugs.com/international/gobemicina-retard.html

Oh, and an image search resulted in this:

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7930559924/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/24/retard.jpg

I don't understand why Michelangelo is wearing a Superman shirt though.

Lots O' FX
03-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Google it yourself, retard.

political/moral reasons and all that jazz

http://www.drugs.com/international/gobemicina-retard.html

Oh, and an image search resulted in this:

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7930559924/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/24/retard.jpg

I don't understand why Michelangelo is wearing a Superman shirt though.

Oh dear christ :haha: :haha: :haha:

werty22
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
punk is gay

Lots O' FX
03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
punk is gay

I thought it was the other way around...

RizzoWashburn
gay is punk

neidnarb11890
punk is gay
FUCK YEAH

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 06:50 PM
aww he left I think,

now what am I gonna do today :sad:

lolmnt