Punk BOTM (April): Green Day

PDA

View Full Version : Punk BOTM (April): Green Day

lookpizza
04-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey guys we haven't had a band of the month since January and I figure it's time.

I just came across this great punk band called Green Day. I don't think they're very big but they're really really really good. They've been for a while but their older stuff is pretty much garbage, terrible terrible quality and generic, but they just released a brand new album called American Idiot and I must say it is a punk rock masterpiece.

check em out

www.greenday.com

DempseyPunk
04-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Where have these guys been all my life?

Hell, I just listened to the title track, and they said "f[/B][B]uck america"...
My band wouldnt have the balls to say that...

well either way, good find. These guys are pretty damn punk. I hope they go far.

neidnarb11890
04-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Green Day are gay and only posuers like them. Try listening to real punk bands, like Nausea.

DempseyPunk
04-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Green Day are gay and only posuers like them. Try listening to real punk bands, like Nausea.
I have NEVER seen their merch at Hot Topic, so they probably suck

lookpizza
04-01-2010, 09:58 PM

I just googled this Nausea band. It's really bad. Also they've never even played Warped Tour. What losers.

werty22
04-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I feel like this has been done before.

beefyboy232
04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
I feel like this has been done before.

no ways, there are only the most true punk bands that are allowed to be the band of the month. 21st century breakdown must be about something truly punk to the core and would never be produced on a huge label. Where has this band been my whole life?

JesusOfSbrbia
04-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Seriously guys, does anyone still think this is funny?

due 07
04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't care what you guys say, I love Green Day and I'm not being sarcastic. They are pop-punk, deal with it. They themselves will say it. Ever heard of the Ramones? They were pop-punk too. Sorry Green Day isn't as good as Operation Ivy or the Dead Kennedys.