Guitar pro 6!

PDA

View Full Version : Guitar pro 6!

Pages : [1] 2

emad
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
According to Arobas Music's website (http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php), Guitar pro 6 was released on April 5, 2010.

More info about the product can be found in this page (http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=product).

If you have any experience using it, please share :)

iTzMaTT
04-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I downloaded the trial version. It's pretty nice. Easier on the eyes compared to the older version.

metalcore123
04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
wow i just got very excited. thank you for this!

kian89
04-06-2010, 03:29 PM
What about the memory overload error in GP6 ????????
its disgusting in 5

hellbound_jonny
04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Is anyone else having any trouble getting onto the Guitar Pro website?
I can't register my GP6 version either because the 'Server is busy'.

chromaticvision
04-09-2010, 05:03 AM
i love it. I bought it straight away and it's amazing. can we upload .gpx file tabs?

kian89
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
ok so they made the extension flat hmmmm .gpx
its good

kian89
04-09-2010, 01:41 PM
I downloaded the trial version. It's pretty nice. Easier on the eyes compared to the older version.

what are the limitations in the trail version bro ??

crizzack
04-09-2010, 07:31 PM
the trial version sucks compared to GP 5's trial trial version for 6 is you can only open the GP's it comes with and u cant save. atleast in 5 u could do anything u just had 30 days to reg. so with that said whens somebody gonna upload a damn license key or torrent for this shit?

Tom 1.0
04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
it seems great but there are no tabs that will open with it as they are all older versions :(

crizzack
04-09-2010, 07:55 PM
it seems great but there are no tabs that will open with it as they are all older versions :(

are u talking about the demo or the full?

the demo u cant open any but the ones that come with it...

but if u mean the full... well GP5 can open all older versions thats blasphemy if they made GP6 so it cant.

Tom 1.0
04-09-2010, 07:57 PM
yeah the full one,

it may just be me, but nothing i look up that is gp5 or older will open.

crizzack
04-09-2010, 09:00 PM
shiit. I was thinking about actually paying for it. but if thats the case Id rather stick with GP5 =]

Quaned
04-09-2010, 11:58 PM
^this

killergege
04-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Bought it.

Pretty nice, many improvements. Some music symbol added (barre, fermata, 4 voices...), improved interface.
The music sheet display is fully customizable through style sheets (font, symbol size...)

I don't like it but they added a new RSE (Realistic Sound Engine), now you can choose your gear chain (amp, effects pedal... even guitar mic).
I don't like it because the default sound is pretty crappy and I think it's not so easy to get a good sound.

One real downside is that, for now, the old files (gp3, gp4, gp5) are not really well handled. Every tab has to be edited, at least for RSE config & adjusting sound levels.
Worse, often the tabs are altered (some symbols disappeared, on some tab I lost harmonics...).
But they are working on fixing that so I guess it will be soon a really great tool !

You can follow the news about it on their facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arobas-Music-Guitar-Pro/153747039336?ref=nf

Kenbeek
04-10-2010, 07:38 AM
One real downside is that, for now, the old files (gp3, gp4, gp5) are not really well handled. Every tab has to be edited, at least for RSE config & adjusting sound levels.
Worse, often the tabs are altered (some symbols disappeared, on some tab I lost harmonics...).
But they are working on fixing that so I guess it will be soon a really great tool !
Can it handle old tabs properly without RSE?

killergege
04-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Today : yes and no.
In most cases it works, don't worry. That's just that sometimes some symbols disappear (as I said, for instance, I lost all the harmonics on one of my tab when opening with gp6)...
And as it is the music symbols that are concerned, the problem exist with midi & RSE

It has also been reported that some instruments are mistuned, but it should be corrected by next week.

Some people are also complaining that it is not possible anymore to edit drums with the "tab" view. Drums are now only displayed and editable in "standard" notation.
From GP editor point of view the new way to enter the drums is better and easier to learn.

And I also forgot a great improvement I was waiting : a third view has been added (to "standard notation" and "tab") : the slash view. So any rhythm may be simplified by displaying only the Chord used and slashes for the rhythm.

kian89
04-10-2010, 12:43 PM
if anyone found any torrent or working unlimited serial . PLEASE post it here ,

zzzaaaccc
04-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I downloaded the GP5 demo and it was great. I tried to download the the GP6 demo and it didn't work. I'm not suprised by this but should it have worked or not? :shrug:

kian89
04-10-2010, 05:39 PM
it* wouldve worked ofcourse

killergege
04-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I downloaded the GP5 demo and it was great. I tried to download the the GP6 demo and it didn't work. I'm not suprised by this but should it have worked or not? :shrug:

Before buying GP6, I used the trial version and it worked.
But this version is VERY limited as you cannot open any file. You can only open demo files (I think you can find them in Files -> Open example)

ChemicalFire
04-10-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't like it... at all

slipknot5678
04-11-2010, 01:11 AM
I'd like to buy it, but I'm too cheap. I'll be stuck with Tux Guitar. By the way, is this actually any good? This thread seems to have mixed opinions.

Fliip West
04-11-2010, 02:01 AM
GP6 crashes on some gp5 files when you open them. Any other instruments other then drums and guitars are opened up as voice or keyboard tracks. Those tracks will loose all of there bending expressions, and cant be redone because you don't get a tablature staff, just a music staff. I do like the way they cleaned up the interface, but they got rid of the markers buttons. What a pain in tush. Palm muting could be a lot better to with the RSE. It needs to be adjustable to ho much of a mute you are doing. You so far cant right click in the bend window to add vibrato to the bend and you can only do simple bends so far as I can tell, meaning you have to know the exact timing of complex bends linking them together. This means you can no longer link a lot of notes over multiple measures and bend the first note and play around with to get the bend right. Because of this change it messes up complex bends in older formats also. I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff I haven't found yet that they need to fix. The should have waited to release this version. Not to completely pan them I do see the potential with the new version and I have sworn by there software since GP3.

shannone27
04-11-2010, 04:15 AM
I hate how half the instruments can't be edited in the tab staff. Yeah yeah, it's 'technically' incorrect to use guitar tab to get a piano backing track, but it was definitely a lot easier for uneducated guitarists like myself (and the majority of the GP user base I assume). Besides, there's always the standard staff for the musical purists anyway.

It's also so much slower using the standard staff to track drums. If I want a kick sound now, I have to ensure I'm on the correct line. The older tab system was much quicker, where I knew '36' was a kick and it didn't matter which line it was on. The tab staff should be optional for these instruments. The program is called Guitar Pro after all...

kian89
04-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Someone please inspire companies like Adobe or Acoustica to do smthin like that even better than GP

RedHtCurryPaste
04-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Not Adobe, but

http://jamorigin.com

THIS ^

* AutoTabber :eek: :eek: :eek:

* GuitarHero with GP tabs :D

* Amp support :cool:

* 3D stuff and finger animations :liplick:

* Music Videos :confus:

hellbound_jonny
04-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Hmmm, very complicated to use I find, especially the RSE.

crizzack
04-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Not Adobe, but

THIS ^

hmmm I checked this out looks very awesome but I dont believe its done yet.

its supposed to be the succoser to a program called "littlebigstar"
anyone know where to find it?

Fliip West
04-13-2010, 09:31 AM
This site needs to let us upload .gpx files. The site tells you that you are using a incompatible format. I redid my version of Babe I'm Gon'na Leave You in GP6, and I cant upload it. lol I think for a first time with GP6 the sound is OK.

emad
04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
^site owners are workin on it.

ll A7X ll
04-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Don't usually share serials but here's one that I found

****Post edited by emad***

kian89
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Don't usually share serials but here's one that I found

****Post edited by emad***

I think serials are not allowed in Forum
Please hit me with a PM or something :peace:

tborsje
04-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Or just buy it? Cheapskates...

crizzack
04-14-2010, 02:11 PM
I think serials are not allowed in Forum
Please hit me with a PM or something :peace:

or just post where u "found" it

emad
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
^ :no:

crizzack
04-14-2010, 07:02 PM
-looks around inoccently- the devil made me do it :D

ehwalled
04-18-2010, 01:19 AM
guitar pro 6 is 1000x better then gp5. gp5 for Mac sucked, this is great for the mac. hope gp6 releases more pedals and amps in the future that you can mess with. love the layout, sound, easy of use. gp5 for mac was really difficult to use, gp6 is super simple. A++

emad
04-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Could someone save a .gpx file and send it to me?

chromaticvision
04-20-2010, 06:25 AM
there you go.

emad
04-20-2010, 09:04 AM
^Thank you so much :cheers:

complex69
04-21-2010, 04:20 AM
I find making the drum beats in gp5 a lot easier, i knew which number everything was. It's taking me a lot longer to make the drums in gp6... Another disappoint is the RSE, I really don't like the tones and the P.M sound absolutely horrible.

False_God
04-21-2010, 02:18 PM
gonna download this and see what its like. Hate when they make good things too complicated for whats its used for. I'll hold my thoughts untill I use it tho.

Josher.K
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Downloading the demo now, I seen this the other day and I thought "why isn't there a thread on UG about this yet??!" but I was burnt out so I went to bed.
I'm excited for the custom-tone features and for the fact that you can open multiple files in a window :D

Cyberbob
04-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I find making the drum beats in gp5 a lot easier, i knew which number everything was. It's taking me a lot longer to make the drums in gp6... Another disappoint is the RSE, I really don't like the tones and the P.M sound absolutely horrible.

RSE is a million times better than GP5 in my opinion, except now you actually have to pay attention to levels, effects and overall mixing, which is fine with me. Don't use the default settings, they're mostly just to show off effects rather than sound good at all times.

Stupified
04-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Gp4 -> Gp5 -> Gp6. All the same with minor updates (to the eye, anyways). It's like Dye making new DM's; just improving cosmetics.

Doom15
04-22-2010, 05:27 PM
so? you can open .gp3 and .gp4 tabs with GP5 so why wouldn't you be able to open it with GP6?

Sweet Potatoes
04-23-2010, 06:23 AM
I downloaded guitar pro 6 but i need a working used ID and all that. If anyone would be so nice as to share, my GP5 used ID doesnt wanto work, and its frustrating!!

Fliip West
04-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey boys and girls (Dudes and Chicks),

I wanted to learn Rainbow in the Dark, and I didn't find the GP tabs here to be very good, so I transcribed the song in GP6 (See the attached file). This was also for testing the software. Now for you Dio fans GP6 rookies like myself, I loaded an MP3 into Sonar (recording software), and listened to the left and right channels of the tracks to get the multiple guitar parts as close as I could by ear. The drums I did in Sonar. That was much easier the GP6. Then I output the the Sonar file as a midi file and loaded it into GP6 with the tempo changes. I took a long time on the solo, using software to slow down the tempo to try and get it transcribed right... I believe I'm pretty close with it. But as those who know, when you slow down an MP3 in recording software or trainers, it distorts the MP3 so much it's hard to tell what's being played, especially if you laying down notes as fast as Vivian did on this song.

Here are my thoughts GP6 so far:

Other instruments such as vocals and keyboards need to be done as a guitar tracks using different instruments for sound if you want to have bends and the like.Pinch and Semi Harmonics kind of suck in this version. The developers for GP6 need to implement sound mixing for how strong they are as an overtone and give us more options on choices of harmonics. Not all harmonics are above an octave.Palm Muting is about the same as harmonics. You need more control over how strong it is and it changes drastically with different guitar rig setups.I like where they are going with the amp and effect choices with the RSE, but its hard to get the sound you want. I'm not completely happy with the sounds of the instruments in this transcription, but it could be worse. I'm sure this will improve in later releases of GP6.Pick Scratching..... Come on developers..... This is used so much, and it has never been implemented an any version of GP?I really like the new layout now that I'm used to it.The mixing and mastering setup they have now is pretty cool.
At this time you can't upload GP6 tabs on this site, so that is why it is posted here. Well I hope you enjoy this tab and comments on it and this post are welcome.

Flip

emad
04-24-2010, 03:00 PM
^ Thanks for the input. Programmers are workin on submit gpx file.
p.s I'll try to take the Arobas's attention to this thread.

Cheeselord
04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Can anyone pm me a DL link if you found one?

The Axeman
04-24-2010, 06:56 PM
when they came out with GP5 I thought that it can't get any worse and of course they set out to prove me wrong and released GP6. Huge memory leaks? Bring 'em! Worse GUI? Yes mother****er! Shitload of effects and stuff that don't sound real? Oh shit, I just came.

This is borderline retarded, the guys who made this have obviously forgotten what they set out to do.

What do you use GP for? I'd say to write down your songs and perhaps play along with some of them? What do we get in gp6? Assload of configuration to the track you add, (already mentioned in this thread) inability to use tab's for anything but guitar/bass track, really confusing and bad "realistic sound engine".

Maybe it was the fact that the demo pissed me off so fast and was so useless to me that I didn't find where I could just swicth on good ole' general MIDI sound generator and not deal with the vast array of those pointless pedals, amps etc. Jeez, I *ALREADY HAVE* a realistic sound engine, his name is Isaac Newton, Nikolai Tesla and Albert Einstein - physics! I can plug in my guitar and hear how this really sounds.
The RSE sounds so off and confusing, rendering it utterly useless. Yeah and the faster the track is, the worse it gets!
Why do I need to take assful of time to setup how my score sounds?

It makes me sad that really soon the only GP tabs I'm gonna get are gtx's and I'd HAVE to use GP6 to open them. Thanks Arobas!

Drake22
04-24-2010, 07:49 PM
would it be against the forum rules to post here link to download the full retail version without the crack though (yet)?

signedinbloodnz
04-24-2010, 08:43 PM
just bought it.. oh well it was just impulse.
shall see how it turns out.

DesolationJD
04-26-2010, 06:23 AM
would it be against the forum rules to post here link to download the full retail version without the crack though (yet)?

Yeah, it sure would be

drawnacrol
04-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Checked out the demo and it looks really good, the sounds off the guitar in "metal solo" is incredible, with some mixing you could fool someone into thinking its an actual guitar, I'll wait
until they release an update before buying it, we've all had trouble with unstable version of Guitar pro.

Question to anyone that has it, when I try to copy the only options are to copy a note or multitrack copy every instrument, is their no way top copy a whole bar from one instrument and paste into another??

hellbound_jonny
04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
In GP5 you could tune each string individually, but on GP6 you have to hear them one after the other. I can't seem to find a way to solve this, but the help site says you can.

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or are other people having this problem?

daylightdies370
04-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I bought it. you can open gp5 tabs in it. but the drums gotta be tabbed by notation only,so that's kinda messed....

ctfod
05-01-2010, 11:04 AM
I bought it the other day. Well worth the money, although there are a couple of things I've not worked out yet, like changing the tuning of the guitar without transposing the tab to remain in the same pitch, and it doesn't have the option of tabs for the drums like previous versions did.

Also, the RSE controls and the fact that there's no RSE loading time is a great feature.

Tom 1.0
05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
i cant find how to hide the notation bar?

Iphone Eyes
05-03-2010, 03:59 PM
it is really amazing. Can I upload .gpx file tabs.

BadBishop
05-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Not Adobe, but

THIS ^

That looks VERY promising. I need to see more about their autotabber feature, though.

emad
05-04-2010, 03:05 AM
it is really amazing. Can I upload .gpx file tabs.

Not now, but we'll make an announcement when we make our system compatible with gpx files.

drawnacrol
05-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Question to anyone that has it, when I try to copy the only options are to copy a note or multitrack copy every instrument, is their no way top copy a whole bar from one instrument and paste into another??

Can anyone confirm this???

SuPaGrAm
05-05-2010, 01:18 PM
^
It's the same as GP5, you can either ctrl+c the highlighted bar(s) for the current instrument and paste it anywhere or you can ctrl+shift+c for all instruments on the highlighted bar(s)

In GP5 you could tune each string individually, but on GP6 you have to hear them one after the other. I can't seem to find a way to solve this, but the help site says you can.

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or are other people having this problem?

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5410/gp5tune.png
The guitar toolbar on the left (see screenshot), you can tune each string individually

Besen
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
i cant find how to hide the notation bar?

It's under Track:properties. Intuitive, huh?

Romain GPTeam
05-06-2010, 03:47 AM
so? you can open .gp3 and .gp4 tabs with GP5 so why wouldn't you be able to open it with GP6?
Hi there!
We've had trouble getting the imports from older formats to work. It's now been fixed, and the next update will let you do just that.

Romain GPTeam
05-06-2010, 03:51 AM

You can follow the news about it on their facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arobas-Music-Guitar-Pro/153747039336?ref=nf

Hi!
Imports from older versions has been fixed. It will show in the next update, coming up very soon!

Romain GPTeam
05-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Gp4 -> Gp5 -> Gp6. All the same with minor updates (to the eye, anyways). It's like Dye making new DM's; just improving cosmetics.

GP6 is actually a complete rewrite, whereas previous versions were developments of the same core. Hence the new GPX format, which is designed to remain viable in the future.

Romain GPTeam
05-06-2010, 04:04 AM
What do you use GP for? I'd say to write down your songs and perhaps play along with some of them? What do we get in gp6? Assload of configuration to the track you add, (already mentioned in this thread) inability to use tab's for anything but guitar/bass track, really confusing and bad "realistic sound engine".

You're actually right. Guitar Pro is and remains first and foremost an editor, and we've put in a lot of work to make it as complete as possible. The RSE and all the nifty gadgets that so many of our customers do expect are all nice, but you may notice that everything that has to do with writing music has been perfected to correspond both to songbook standards and to musical theory.
Let me know what you think. Your feedback is appreciated.

emad
05-06-2010, 04:04 AM
^ Finally :cheers:

whitenihilist
05-06-2010, 04:06 AM
Not Adobe, but

THIS ^

*Signs up as beta tester*

That looks EPIC!!

emad
05-06-2010, 08:45 AM
The programmers made the system compatible for guitar pro 6 tabs.

Now you're able to submit gpx files :)

SawMurder
05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Can't wait to try it out

deathx88
05-08-2010, 02:58 AM
for the love of god, what the hell were they thinking, this program SUCKS.

all the instruments besides stringed instruments are in standard notation.
you've got to be kidding me.

horns, piano, drums, everthing.
how the hell am i supposed to tab things out in this thing, i mainly tab video game music, and it's near impossible for me to do this without then being in tab format.

this is guitar pro, everything should be in tab format.

please tell me there's a way around this, i can double click on the name and it gives an option to switch, but other than guitars it's all blanked out.

i will admit though, it sounds much better, but i still prefer midi sounds.

Vendetta V
05-08-2010, 05:10 AM
for the love of god, what the hell were they thinking, this program SUCKS.

horns, piano, drums, everthing.
how the hell am i supposed to tab things out in this thing, i mainly tab video game music, and it's near impossible for me to do this without then being in tab format.

this is guitar pro, everything should be in tab format.

please tell me there's a way around this, i can double click on the name and it gives an option to switch, but other than guitars it's all blanked out.

i will admit though, it sounds much better, but i still prefer midi sounds. chill down man your not the only one with such a problem! yeah it gives you only the standard Key and Bass key nothing else! it doesn't necessarily have to be in TAB format but also in notation only. however if your writing music for games and using horns, strings and other orchestral instruments than what the heck?? Guitar Pro isnt for you. it clearly says GUITAR pro.. not Orchestral Pro or what not. go get the Finale or Sibelius and you'll be happy as i am! you can do anything that's ever existed in musical theory and notation grammar.. you can do even those that never existed... :p

as for the GP 6.. when writing other instruments as a sheet music can you write more than 6 notes at once? (old GPs had this problem as the guitar strings were 6.. max 7 youcould only write 6-7 notes max at once)

killergege
05-08-2010, 05:31 AM

I agree that it was great to be able to display other instruments than guitar in tab notation (because sometimes I like to play with my guitar some music written for other instruments).
But it is possible to do that with some manipulation : just copy the note to a new track set as "guitar track" and then in the Sound bank change it to another instruments

Although I agree that GP has some issues, but sorry, on the basic idea, what happened here is correct... Any instrument player beside a guitar/bass/banjo... player use standard notation.
If you write "orchestral" music, why don't you write in standard notation ? This notation is really logical, well documented... And as easy to write as Tab if you're musician.

And if you're not satisfied with that, write it in a guitar track and copy paste to another instrument track when finished.

deathx88
05-08-2010, 07:00 AM
you guys missed the point, IT'S GUITAR PRO, so everything should be in tabs. if it's just meant for guitar then why are there other instruments on there. which means if it's meant for guitar only and guitar tracks are written in tabs, then why wouldn't all of it be written like that?

i play guitar, write out the music on guitar, the great thing about guitar pro 5 is that i can write out the tabs and then just use a midi patch to another instrument.
and you're wrong it's great for orchestral pieces. the beauty of it is someone like me who can't read music can write out orchestral pieces in a form that's fast and easy to understand.
i write everything, even metal tracks use piano's, jazz songs use horns. i don't use guitar pro for just guitar only, i write high quality songs on there. i've released almost 300 songs on guitar pro, this program is perfect for me. as for video game tabs i've done, when people on this site want to learn them how are they going to play them? most people can't read music, yeah i could just write it all on guitar but it would sound like crap trying to substitute other instruments as guitars.

copying the tracks seems like a good idea, but if you ask me guitar pro is really screwed. i consider this a HUGE flaw
yes, i am really frustrated at this, everything that was great about guitar pro has been raped in the ass.
i'll just stick with guitar pro 5 for now, hopefully the people that made this will realized their mistake and there will be a new version with all this fixed.

tborsje
05-08-2010, 08:39 AM
pfft that is a pretty silly complaint - you can tab everything bar the drums in tab format, and instead of changing instruments you just copy and paste it into another track. It really isn't that different from GP5.

deathx88
05-08-2010, 09:53 AM
pfft that is a pretty silly complaint - you can tab everything bar the drums in tab format, and instead of changing instruments you just copy and paste it into another track. It really isn't that different from GP5.

no, i don't think it's a silly complaint at all. you don't don't tab as much as i do, even if i do copy and paste you don't realize how trivial that could get.

it's not even the writing aspect, it's the learning aspect too. what if i want to learn a piano part on guitar, i'd have to copy and paste the track to a guitar track. it's just completely pointless and inefficient to have to do this.
is it so hard to ask for the option to switch between standard/tab like you can with the guitars?

maybe i'm not explaining myself the way i want too, i'm too tired and am not thinking too coherently at this moment.

tborsje
05-09-2010, 09:39 AM
no, i don't think it's a silly complaint at all. you don't don't tab as much as i do, even if i do copy and paste you don't realize how trivial that could get.

it's not even the writing aspect, it's the learning aspect too. what if i want to learn a piano part on guitar, i'd have to copy and paste the track to a guitar track. it's just completely pointless and inefficient to have to do this.
is it so hard to ask for the option to switch between standard/tab like you can with the guitars?

maybe i'm not explaining myself the way i want too, i'm too tired and am not thinking too coherently at this moment.

Well I agree, it's annoying. When I look at the keys on a tab, I want them to be in guitar tab format instead of standard notation. But it's just that - slightly annoying. And 20-30 seconds later I've copied and pasted them so I can see them anyway.

It really isn't a reason to flat out completely avoid the software. The benefits of the extremely versatile RSE as well as the larger set of note effects easily pushes this over GP5. The quality of this software rivals audio software which retails for multiples of the price of GP6.

That said, something which annoys me more is that the palm mutes aren't... um... 'palm mute-y' enough. There should be two different levels of muting.

killergege
05-09-2010, 09:54 AM
That said, something which annoys me more is that the palm mutes aren't... um... 'palm mute-y' enough. There should be two different levels of muting.

I reported that issue, they said they'll work on that to get palm mutes more realistic

deathx88
05-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Well I agree, it's annoying. When I look at the keys on a tab, I want them to be in guitar tab format instead of standard notation. But it's just that - slightly annoying. And 20-30 seconds later I've copied and pasted them so I can see them anyway.

It really isn't a reason to flat out completely avoid the software. The benefits of the extremely versatile RSE as well as the larger set of note effects easily pushes this over GP5. The quality of this software rivals audio software which retails for multiples of the price of GP6.

i don't really consider it an annoyance, but you do see what i'm talking about.

i'm probably not gonna completely avoid this program, i can have both of them installed at the same time. i do like the features, but the RSE isn't why i use guitar pro in the first place.

I reported that issue, they said they'll work on that to get palm mutes more realistic

perhaps i can report my problem to them too. like i was saying it shouldn't be too hard to be able to select between the two. the option is already implemented for stringed instruments, so hopefully a simple update patch can change this.

killergege
05-09-2010, 06:22 PM
i do like the features, but the RSE isn't why i use guitar pro in the first place.

I agree, I'm not a big fan of the new RSE sound (too much tweak necessary as the default sounds are not as good as GP5 ones for distortion).
But it's not really my primary use of the software.

perhaps i can report my problem to them too. like i was saying it shouldn't be too hard to be able to select between the two. the option is already implemented for stringed instruments, so hopefully a simple update patch can change this.

You should report the problem.
They are really nice and answer to each suggestion they receive through their contact form (at least in my case, and I sent A LOT of remarks and requests ^^).
For now I read that they doesn' intend to change that but if there is a lot of feedback about it, maybe they'll reconsider.
(And working in programming, I'd say that user should never say "it shouldn't be too hard" because often it's not as easy as it seems and it is really annoying for the developers to read that ^^).

Rykoshet
05-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey, I just got GP6 and was wondering about the virtual fretboard. In older GPs you could have both the keyboard and fretboard, here it seems that the instrument you create at first sets the type of board you can have, even if you change from guitar to piano you can only have a fretboard...

Is there something I'm missing? Say I want to have both, or just to switch from one to the other.

Thanks.

David_VI
05-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I miss the ability to tab out drums using the numbers. I could do that so quickly and even my drummer friend got used to it.. somehow its quicker than notating.. i'd at least like the option. I don't think they should remove features like that.. especially considering you could turn off the tab if you wanted to in GP5.

Why remove a feature a lot of people obviously found useful?

patrickodang
05-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Is GP 6 worth the $60? cause honestly i hate spending money on programs. it costs them like 2 dollars to copy onto a CD and they charge us $60 for it.

anybody know of a way to get it free?

warlockking
05-15-2010, 01:46 AM
doesn't really seem worth it. i have GP5 and other than the memory overload bullshit when u have quite a few tracks it works fine. if there was a way to upgrade for a discount maybe it would be worth it.

David_VI
05-15-2010, 06:59 AM
doesn't really seem worth it. i have GP5 and other than the memory overload bullshit when u have quite a few tracks it works fine. if there was a way to upgrade for a discount maybe it would be worth it.

There is an upgrade price I thought?

killergege
05-15-2010, 07:01 AM
if there was a way to upgrade for a discount maybe it would be worth it.

There was a way... Upgrading was costing half price. But I think the promotion is over now.

Some people upgrade because of the new RSE abilities (that's not my case, I prefer the previous). Some because of the new music notations available (my case, I was missing several symbols).
But I didn't upgraded : I was waiting or GP6 to go out before buying (just discovered GP few month ago). And I think it's worth it.

And just to tell : I working in programming and I can garanty you that the 60$ are not for copying the software on CD (by the way, for 60$ you download it. You must pay a little more to get it on CD... :) ).
It's for the countless hours of work that represent programming this kind of software.

And to my knowledge there are no "official" or legal way to get it for free...

loonyguitarist
05-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Is GP 6 worth the $60? cause honestly i hate spending money on programs. it costs them like 2 dollars to copy onto a CD and they charge us $60 for it.

Do you have any idea how much work goes into writing programs like that?

TSelman
05-18-2010, 12:07 AM

It's worth it.

It takes a whole bunch of time to code all that stuff and make the sounds, etc.

Why do you think Photoshop is so expensive?

emad
05-18-2010, 08:30 AM
No talking about getting this program for free, or you'll get banned :no:

zakarai
05-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Excellent program!

Downloaded the trial and hacked it so i could get all the presets and shit e.t.c

Sounds really good! much better than 5

hoolabandoola
05-19-2010, 02:38 AM
Damn, finally got GP5 and now they release a GP6? God hates me.

TSelman
05-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Uh, just bought it, and the standard tuning is not standard. It sounds a half step up...wtf? Anyone have this problem?

TSelman
05-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Is no one having that problem?

beplay
05-26-2010, 01:56 PM
imho GP6 sucks, ony new RSE is good, the rest is crappy. The interface isnt as comfortable as in GP5! :mad:

Chaotic976
05-31-2010, 01:30 AM
You guys realize you can goto View -> Instrument Panel to write for Drums and a non-guitar instrument, right? The drum panel pretty much lays out all the beats you can have and any other instrument will let you write with a full piano.

The Axeman
06-01-2010, 07:02 AM
You guys realize you can goto View -> Instrument Panel to write for Drums and a non-guitar instrument, right? The drum panel pretty much lays out all the beats you can have and any other instrument will let you write with a full piano.
yeah, real comfortable

habits
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I miss the ability to tab out drums using the numbers. I could do that so quickly and even my drummer friend got used to it.. somehow its quicker than notating.. i'd at least like the option. I don't think they should remove features like that.. especially considering you could turn off the tab if you wanted to in GP5.

Why remove a feature a lot of people obviously found useful?

Agreed, I noticed that it is very common for developers to remove good features... :rolleyes:

....and as "killergege" said, the RSE needs way to much tweaking, and the vanilla settings are....uhhm...not so good.

I stick to GP5.

The Axeman
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Why would anyone need RSE? It can't sound the way you want it to sound anyway so why bother? Can't the developers realize they are wasting time on things that aren't important.
RSE is just a gimmick and nothing more. What possible gain can you hope to accomplish?

Fliip West
06-02-2010, 08:24 AM
The site lets you post gpx files now but this is what I got when I did it:

Hello Fliip West,

Unfortunately, your Rainbow In The Dark tab by Dio has been rejected.
As you know, we have a tab pre-approval system in place, where UG users can vote for tabs that was submitted to the archive. You can download your tab from here.However, there are some comments left by users that were reviewing your tab:

"wtf is a gpx file??"

"^^ Dude above, a lot of people are getting gp6. Don't reject it just because of that- there's a reason UG allows people to upload them."

"Hmm, I don't think anyone will be able to open your file buddy. GP5 or GP4 please."

"^^ Guitar Pro 6. Which I unfortunately only have the trial version of, and thus cannot see this tab. :( "

"We all know you're so cool that you have guitar pro 6, but you don't have to show it off dude, just post the gp5 version. You will get so much more views."

Feel free to resubmit your tab after all the corrections are done.

You can check the status of all your contributions at this page.

However, thank you for your work!

Sincerely,
Ultimate-Guitar.Com Tabteam

The tone of the person who rejected the tab pissed me off. Just because he dosent have GP6, shouldn't be a reason to reject it.... pass it on to another person who does.

emad
06-02-2010, 08:38 AM
^ This email has been sent to you automatically and lately ug sends the comments that have been posted for your tab in tpa.
I think the reason you're tab's getting rejected is because we already have four guitar pro tabs for this song. So please check them out. If your tab's completely different, resubmit it and if it got denied again post in this thread:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816400

Let's keep this thread related to the topic :)

JWD32792
06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I can't seem to find a way to turn of the score when I'm viewing guitar tabs, is there a way to only show the tablature like in gp5?

EDIT: Nevermind, after a few hours of frustration, I have uninstalled GP6 and have gone back to GP5 on my computers.

Venusio G.
06-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't know if i'll upgrade the 5.2... Is Guitar Pro 6 is able to do polyrhythm ? like demi semi quaver triplet in a semi quaver sextuplet ? if he can, i buy !! maybe someone can add a picture of this little miracle :liplick:

TSelman
06-07-2010, 02:16 AM
GP6 sucks. The company isn't answering my emails of why the tuning of standard, is a half step up...

Falk_Oomikami
06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
TSelman, I don't have that problem with GP6, but I once had a similar issue with GP5, and only with 1 particular tab (in open C tuning btw). But I don't know what caused it, so maybe this is not GP6 but your tab, or soundcard related maybe. No idea :(

Has anyone some good settings to have a nice heavy distorted sound ?
I don't know shit about analog equalizer and all that jazz so I may not be doing things right, but the best "heavy" sound I have is by adding :
-digital chorus (fast), then
-eddie amp (dist), then
-modern amp (lead) (or switch the chorus after both amps if you want a bit less disto)
It may not be supposed to be set up that way but that the best heavy sound I achieved (for stuff like SYL, Gojira), anyone's got nice settings ?

7fingerman
06-11-2010, 04:21 PM
the trial version sucks compared to GP 5's trial trial version for 6 is you can only open the GP's it comes with and u cant save. atleast in 5 u could do anything u just had 30 days to reg. so with that said whens somebody gonna upload a damn license key or torrent for this shit?
********Post edited by emad******

habits
06-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Hmm, slides and/or legato sound as if every note is picked.

woestijnraaf
06-16-2010, 04:49 AM
I'm looking for Gp6 tabs.... does anybody find them yet? I'm tired playing the old ones

dont_cry789
06-16-2010, 08:31 PM

I came in here specifically to post this. Does anyone know if there is a way around this, or if they are planning on releasing a fix to this any time soon in an update? They aren't answering me from their site, so I was wondering if anyone here knows the answer?

Besen
06-17-2010, 01:58 PM

I wrote to GP about this and this was their reply:

Hi,

I have forwarded your suggestions to the dev team. We will address this problem as soon as possible, please be patient.

Musically Yours,
Charly, Customers' Department
Guitar Pro.

habits
06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your effort Besen!

Topleggedskater
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I love Guitar Pro. The trial for GP6 was a extreemly faster and more efficient compared to GP4. I might get it later on!

Tepid
06-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Okay a bit of a dull question here but does anyone know if gp6 does open all the older guitar pro files? I only have the trial seeming as guitar pro 5 is no longer working on my pc, but guitar pro 5 no longer wokrs on here :P

1ncubu5
06-22-2010, 06:11 PM
this is annoying me...I used to use guitar pro 5 for tuning my guitar if tuning to something obscure, you could play the note over and over

with the "tuning" pane on guitar pro 6 when I click play it runs through each note once and that's it, making it very annoying for tuning...the help file suggests you can select a string and click play for it to repeat but I can't for the life of me figure out how to select a string...

Redslash
06-24-2010, 05:21 PM
I actually love the interface that GP6 has come up with. The drum tabbing for me is much harder to read but creating it is very streamlined... It think guitar pro should impletement a more streamlined and easy to read interface for drum tabbing.

I love the options for notes and the left side bar has all the information for all of the musical options you can use in guitar pro. Thankfully all of the keyboard shortcuts are the same so if i couldnt find something i could simply hit the keyboard shortcut.

RSE is wayyy overcomplicated although i have managed to create some sounds that are more authentic to real life instruments I find the trouble it takes to create these sounds is not worth it anyway... Although I have found that the acoustic guitars including 12 string are very good sounding right off the bat and can be very interesting with small amounts of tweaking. All of the guitar sounds clean/distorted, bass, and drums all stink unless you fiddle with them A LOT.

I'm getting used to it but honestly i prefer the midi sounds.

however one aspect i found that has easily improved incredibly is the sound you get when mixing midi instruments and RSE instruments. THey actually play in time without a huge hit on cpu power or strange sounds or problems.

Guitar pro 6 is backwards compatible with older guitar pro files but it often has problems translating old RSE instruments and certain note querks with GP5 and under.

I think the biggest thing it has trouble translating are the old ways people used to make notes sound longer by increasing a notes length by percentage. as opposed to using the let ring function.

Sometimes it thinks that certain notes are played way longer than they are supposed to be and they end up lasting for 4 or 5 bars longer than they should and they have to be fixed.

One thing i am dissapointed in not finding is an option to create pick slides inside the tab. It doesnt seem like something that should be very hard to create or emulate.

anyway thats how i feel about GP6

Tepid
06-25-2010, 04:50 PM
I actually love the interface that GP6 has come up with. The drum tabbing for me is much harder to read but creating it is very streamlined... It think guitar pro should impletement a more streamlined and easy to read interface for drum tabbing.

I love the options for notes and the left side bar has all the information for all of the musical options you can use in guitar pro. Thankfully all of the keyboard shortcuts are the same so if i couldnt find something i could simply hit the keyboard shortcut.

RSE is wayyy overcomplicated although i have managed to create some sounds that are more authentic to real life instruments I find the trouble it takes to create these sounds is not worth it anyway... Although I have found that the acoustic guitars including 12 string are very good sounding right off the bat and can be very interesting with small amounts of tweaking. All of the guitar sounds clean/distorted, bass, and drums all stink unless you fiddle with them A LOT.

I'm getting used to it but honestly i prefer the midi sounds.

however one aspect i found that has easily improved incredibly is the sound you get when mixing midi instruments and RSE instruments. THey actually play in time without a huge hit on cpu power or strange sounds or problems.

Guitar pro 6 is backwards compatible with older guitar pro files but it often has problems translating old RSE instruments and certain note querks with GP5 and under.

I think the biggest thing it has trouble translating are the old ways people used to make notes sound longer by increasing a notes length by percentage. as opposed to using the let ring function.

Sometimes it thinks that certain notes are played way longer than they are supposed to be and they end up lasting for 4 or 5 bars longer than they should and they have to be fixed.

One thing i am dissapointed in not finding is an option to create pick slides inside the tab. It doesnt seem like something that should be very hard to create or emulate.

anyway thats how i feel about GP6
Sounds pretty good actually! and I agree completely with midi as opposed to RSE sounds too :P

lan3y
06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Here's some screenshots.

http://img820.imageshack.us/i/gp61.png/
http://img175.imageshack.us/i/gp62.png/
http://img85.imageshack.us/i/gp63.png/

Hope they are helpful.

lan3y

bingeandletgo
06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
I have a problem. In GP5, I used the mix table to change one guitar track from clean to distorted. When translated to GP6, it just stays clean. I know about the automation editor, but it can't change the amp/guitar/effects. Is there any way to save amp settings for a certain part of the song? Anybody else get this problem or have solutions?

Falk_Oomikami
06-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Instead of automations, shouldn't you use variations (at the bottom of the edition menu) ?
So you can use 4 different FX setups.

bingeandletgo
06-30-2010, 10:05 PM
^Oh, I had no clue you could do that haha

Greendaz
07-02-2010, 06:53 AM
GP 6 don't open my old files, why? Is it supposed to unistall the old version 5?

Kiss_Fan666
07-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I download the guitar pro file of a song here on UG how do u view the file (i have the trial)

killergege
07-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I think that GP6 trial does allow to open external files.
You can only create blanks and open the examples provided.

Magero
07-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Some people are also complaining that it is not possible anymore to edit drums with the "tab" view. Drums are now only displayed and editable in "standard" notation.
From GP editor point of view the new way to enter the drums is better and easier to learn.
Worst.
Update.
Ever.
I became a fucking god at writing drum tabs in Guitar Pro 5 and now it takes me 20 minutes longer to do half as much. Fail. Major fail.

Was amazingly excited for GP6, and most of the features are great, but the drums and the amount of little things that don't make sense (you can't change an instrument's type after you've created it anymore, wtf?), just make me fine with staying with 5, no matter how nice the RSE sounds.

OliOsbourne
07-23-2010, 03:30 PM
can i read guitar pro tabs with the trial verson?

shaun9954
07-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Ive got GP5 and i wondering if i should bother upgrading, Is it worth it ?

freighttrain
07-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I have GP5.2 and GP6 and GP6 would be brilliant if i could change from clean to distortion on each track i wished, anyone know how to do this??? as in GP5 it was simple, just press F10 over the note you wished the effect to change on select your effect and there done, but i cannot figure out how to do it in this new spangled GP6, grrrr :@

Afroboy267
08-01-2010, 06:32 PM
i still prefer GP5. GP6 is too Sibelius-like which i hate, and the RSE is horrible for distorted guitars. i'll stick with GP5 myself.

Kazinsal
08-01-2010, 06:35 PM
From what I've seen, it's not worth spending the time to torrent^H^H^H^H^H^H^H legally buy it.

Yeah. I'll just stick with my downl^H^H^H^H^H perfectly legal copy of GP5.

Falk_Oomikami
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
here's an mp3 of a tab I did (http://rapidshare.com/files/410826945/Aftermath.mp3) (rapidshare is limited to 10 DL now ? meh) , Aftermath by Strapping Young Lad, any opinion on the sound ?
Of course it will never sound as good as a record with a proper mix and all, but I find it not too bad, including the distorted guitars (except during fast picking when you can hear the repetitive pattern (and yeah the snare is hard to get perfect, and I sometime forgot to use the right one).

I have GP5.2 and GP6 and GP6 would be brilliant if i could change from clean to distortion on each track i wished, anyone know how to do this??? as in GP5 it was simple, just press F10 over the note you wished the effect to change on select your effect and there done, but i cannot figure out how to do it in this new spangled GP6, grrrr :@

Go to :
Edit > Variations (down the menu) > Choose the one you want.
You can use 4 different rig set-up throughout a song.

tborsje
08-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Have you submitted that tab yet? Because the only tab of aftermath on UG is a PT with 1 star...

THEE_IRONMAN
08-08-2010, 05:40 PM
You guys should Get Tux Guitar, It's like GP6, but free. It also recognizes GP files and PT files as well

freighttrain
08-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Go to :
Edit > Variations (down the menu) > Choose the one you want.
You can use 4 different rig set-up throughout a song.

Cheers dude, il reinstall GP6 tonight and have a look at this

cisco21c
08-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Here's a quick simple tab I did in GP6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKdz0YI75g

RhoadsLivesOn
08-21-2010, 11:37 AM
This might be a noob question, but how do you change effects on a guitar track in GP6? In GP5, I'd download the odd tab that the track will change effects partway through (for example, changes from acoustic to electric guitar for a solo). An example of a tab would be this tab:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/avenged_sevenfold/dear_god_ver4_guitar_pro.htm

the track "Synester Gates" starts out as a steel string, but changes to a distorted guitar for the outro solo.

But, when I open this tab in GP6, the track stays as a steel string for the whole song. How do I change it to a distorted guitar in GP6?

GNR3737
08-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Can i still download / buy GP5? cuz i lost GP5 in a computer crash and cant get i back and i dont want to upgrade.

frusciante.ve
09-05-2010, 01:30 PM
is it possible to close the hi hat after hitting it?, im making a tab where the hi hat is hit open and then its supposed to close, how do I do this?

erskine
09-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Has the issue with opening previous versions been resolved yet? Or do we still have a problem with RSE and some notation?

GuitarSlinger00
09-23-2010, 12:47 PM
i LOVE LOVE LOVE guitar pro, especially v6!
i talked it up on my review page, you can read more about it from my experience here:

Try Guitar Pro! (http://www.effective-lead-guitar.com/try-guitar-pro.html)

it is an affiliate link (i normally don't post self-promoting material on the forums as it is bad forum etiquette!) but posting a link that is easy for you to click on and read my professional opinion of the software is easier than typing it all out here!!

PEACE

erskine
09-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks, but it still doesn't say how well it handles previous versions?

If Arobas was fully confident in their product they would have continued to offer a fully functioning time-limited demo.

False_God
09-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Dunno should I get 6 or just keep GP5.. Is is worth changing? How does it handle older GP files etc? Is it ram heavy?

huevos
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Apparently GP6 us a pain in the ass from what I've read in last 4 pages.

Is there any reason why I should get it, as opposed as getting GP5?
I do want access to the RSE, as it's a bit more aesthetically pleasing than midi. And that makes GP6 look like the clear winner.
But with drum notation issues and not being able to transfer tracks correctly, I might just go with GP5.

Any objections?
Can anyone make any strong points for GP6?

Vendetta V
10-14-2010, 03:28 PM
guys is there any way to use GP6' bass guitar sounds as vsti??

DarthTyrannus83
10-14-2010, 03:37 PM
I have troubles with the instrument pannel not showing up, anyone else having this problem?

Its really a pain in the ass, as it makes drum programming a hell.

Vendetta V
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
you cant bring up the instrument pannel for drums as long as i know

but yeah you can change the FX chain on automation... go from clean to distortion then dist with delay then octaver thru the song

if anybody interested let me know here and i'll help

DarthTyrannus83
10-22-2010, 07:41 AM
You can, it did open the first time i tried, but then it disappeared.

theflyingapple
10-26-2010, 05:03 AM
i got guitar pro 6 a couple weeks ago. I had lots of problems with guitar pro 5(mac). It crashes alot and was very frustrating. Guitar pro 6 on mac also has a similar problem. It doesn't crash as much, but it still does crash. And the instruments don't sound as good as the ones in guitar pro 5. The overdriven guitars are waaay too heavy and sound like crap.

I tried guitar pro 6 on my pc and it worked fine. but i prefer using the mac.

Do u guys that use macs have problems with GP6?

Falk_Oomikami
10-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Apparently GP6 us a pain in the ass from what I've read in last 4 pages.

Is there any reason why I should get it, as opposed as getting GP5?
I do want access to the RSE, as it's a bit more aesthetically pleasing than midi. And that makes GP6 look like the clear winner.
But with drum notation issues and not being able to transfer tracks correctly, I might just go with GP5.

Any objections?
Can anyone make any strong points for GP6?

I like gp6. Sure it's a bit of a PITA to get a good sound, but if you're looking for a certain sound for say your compositions, and not a truckload of different sounds cuz' you're tabbing a lot of bands, you may eventually find a good sound that pleases your needs and then find it much better than the midi sound.

I had a lot of crash at the beginning, particularly with imported gp5 tabs, but now it's a lot more stable (though it still has a bunch of crashes that you learn to avoid as much as possible :p)

My major critic still would be that :
-it's VERY heavy on the computer when you're displaying several the tracks horizontally (no problem when it's one track vertically). Or it's just my PC, but it's pretty much useless to edit that way, just to play the song.
-some options for the non guitar/bass/drums instruments are kinda weird. If you choose whatever pipe in whatever tuning, you can't change it and only have a standard notation, no guitar tab style notation. So basically you're better off with using guitar tracks (where you have both standard and guitar notation available), and then changing the tuning and sound to whatever instrument you wanted.
Though this may be done that way to try to force people to actually read a standard notation, I don't know.

I didn't like the drums notation either at first, but then again you get used to it and it's not a problem anymore. I would even find it better now. You can't just hit 2 chinese at once for instance, but I don't know if it's common practice except for Gene Hoglan.

As for transferring tracks, it wasn't really stable at first, but they probably worked on it a bit, and except for the occasional weird harmonic or whatever, I have no problem.

Also GP6's RSE is much better than GP5.

Then there are a few other things, slides kind of suck (they used to be a bit too quick in GP5, now it's the contrary), so several types of slides would've been nice (quick, med, slow), as well as several degrees of palm muting (heavy, med, light).

But IMO, there comes a point where you'd better get some real music software and recording hardware.

EamerRed
11-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Only thing I'm struggling with is creating a decent sound using the amps and effects. Would be great if a section could be set up on this site for people to share sounds they've created.

Falk_Oomikami
11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Yup', I too struggled to get a good sound.
I tab mostly Strapping Young Lad stuff, so a really heavy sound mostly in open C and not many standard chords. It may not be relevant to you, but best sound I achieved by using :
-D-chorus : set to soft, just to randomize the guitar sound a bit
-eddie amp : set to eddie I think, dist, gain 9, vol 8, the rest is up to you
-modern amp (so yes, 2 amps) : set to metal I think, lead, gain 2/3rd
-then the master of your choice
and you have one slot left to add either delay or another effect pedal, all that mostly with a Les Paul sound I think. Indicating the picking direction can help getting a better sound too (or not when you especially want a tight sound for a mechanical riff).

And then, you still have to setup the equalizer thing. I guess some knowledge in sound mixing would be helpful there, so I just try not to blast the volume of each instrument.

Oh yeah one last really annoying thing :
the drop down menu to change the instrument effects regularly fails to appear if you're trying to change the sound variation while playing (maybe when there's a lot of notes playing, I don't know), but it's REALLY annoying, and doesn't always happen, which is surprising, and even more frustrating when you have to hit play/pause again and again to change the sound setup.

nepallic
11-10-2010, 07:02 AM
it semms like they are trying to make Guitar Pro software like studio software or VSTI but it is fail and not necessary . They even removed tabs from drum and keyboard , reading won't be problem but writing will be bit trouble some. They are introducing GP6 as a backing band which is yet another fail.

erskine
11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
For what it is worth, I did not buy GP6. There were just too many things against it. Sure it looks good but it still seems unstable and certainly does not handle previous versions files without significant work. For me, you may as well use Tuxguitar and save the Ģ50.

And, I've said it before...........if Arobas are confident in their software, then provide a time limited full demo.

Shredder Shane
11-16-2010, 09:44 AM
does tuxguitar open GP files?

Solid S/hit
11-16-2010, 10:07 AM
does tuxguitar open GP files?
Yes.

robertsu
11-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Excellent one, Really great and amazing sites, Thanks for shairng this nice information, But I am looking for full one.

kurtsdead
12-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Never did like GP5. RSE was far too memory intensive for my old computer and trying to export the tracks as wav files always crashed it so I reverted back to GP4.

Meant to give it another go but I heard it had some issues with Windows 7 64 bit machines. How's the new one fare on a 64 bit machine and is it still as much as a memory hog as before?

vampvp
12-06-2010, 11:54 PM
i am using gp5, gp6 sucks, it needs a lot of memory and a good computer

Nickolice K
12-07-2010, 12:39 AM

Guitar pro 6 should open all guitar pro files. the only ones it doesnt open are power tab files. If gp6 doesnt open gp5 files then maybe contact the site support.

killergege
12-07-2010, 06:42 AM
i am using gp5, gp6 sucks, it needs a lot of memory and a good computer

My computer is around 5 years old, a P4 3,2GHz mono core, 2GB of RAM and it run quite well with other software running.

killergege
12-07-2010, 06:44 AM

Like said on a previous message, it should open any gp file (there are still issues with gtp though).
Be sure to report your issue on their support website : http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music

TechnoDemon
12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
i dunno if this is the right place to ask...

i've been working to tab this song : Sheila on 7 - Bertahan di sana...
i tab it using GP6 and according to the song, guitar 1 panned to the left and guitar 2 panned to the right... and i have problems when playing the tab from the 1st bar, the guitar 1 will stop making a sound starting from 28th bar... but whenever i played directly from 28th bar, the guitar 1 plays normally...

any solution?? :confused:

PS: forgive my poor english, it's not my native language...

killergege
12-13-2010, 05:45 PM
This is not the right place.
The support for GP6 is there : http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music

THE NEKRYPH
12-26-2010, 06:08 AM
I've download GP6 nearly half a year ago, but never installed it due to people saying there were compatibility problems with GP tabs of older versions. Is this still the case?

swillybill
12-29-2010, 06:51 AM
all this guitar pro, pro tab bull is messed up. i come to this site to learn tabs i understand that the already 50% of the tabs / chord files that i am going to find are garbage but then you are basically telling me i need to down load some other shit just to find out that dosnt work. and this is after clicking no to the hundred and one adds that are contaminating my screen. this site has completely sold out good job ultimate guitar you are yet another waste of time on the internet. ill prob get banned for saying this but someone needs to.

gilly_90
12-29-2010, 07:28 AM
someone needs to.

No. No they don't.

Also I'm having some issues with GP6. The main one is that I can't work out how to put distortion/chorus on/change the level of a track/ change tempo mid song. On GP5 you could just right click and there was an option for all of this which would stick a red dot above the tab.

Halp?

killergege
12-29-2010, 08:46 AM
how to put distortion/chorus on/change the level of a track/ change tempo mid song.

Once again GP customer assistance is there : http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music

But I'll answer : on the right you have several panels that you can switch. One of them is the "effects" panel.
It allows you to define the amp, pedals, effects... used when playing the track.
You can define 4 different effect chain by track.

Use the drop down list on top of that panel where the settings name is displayed. You'll see other settings named "variation 2", "variation 3", "variation 4".
Select one of them and configure it (you can also load an existing preset). You can also rename it using the drop down and the "rename" option.

Once your effect chains defined, move your cursor to the location where you want to apply the effect change and go to : Edit -> Variations and select the effect chain to apply.

I agree that this is quite more complicated that what existed before but it's an habit to get.

gilly_90
12-29-2010, 09:49 AM
:cheers:

thanks man, that really helped

Kosta011
01-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure that this is a problem but I just want to check things out.

In some songs I just get no tab or notes in the middle of it, I mean, music still goes on just there are no tabs. I thought that it means that person who made tab just didn't do all song, but this happens with files which are high rated.

For example, I downloaded ''soothsayer'' tab, and there is like more than half song missing, this is how tab looks like (at least part of it):

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v1p7xf.jpg

So I started to doubt that anyone who made this tab simply didn't tab half of song and still got high 5 star rating. Can anyone help?

Thanks

erskine
01-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Try opening another track - guitar 2, solo, etc. You should probably find that the music is contained in one of the other tracks.

Kosta011
01-02-2011, 05:53 PM
That was it, I feel kinda stupid now for not figuring that :)

Thanks

Fairlee12
01-03-2011, 04:14 AM
wow i just got very excited. thank you for this!

jarnozz
01-04-2011, 02:35 PM
i got guitar pro 6 and its just an awesome program.
i got a serial key from my uncle so all of you could try to download the trail and than search the web for a serial key? hope that works for you!

murasame1
01-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Guitar Pro 6 is very good software for new guitarists. I'm still using it and havent even got halfway though it!, U can download guitar tabs for the program on UG (UltimateGuitar), I would recommend this software to guitarists.

arrthor
01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Okay, I think I'm gonna stick with GP5. Where can I get it in Australia?

arrthor
01-10-2011, 10:12 AM
I was wondering, when you go to the site and click on buy it says full version and upgrade. Is the upgrade for if you already downloaded the demo?

killergege
01-10-2011, 10:19 AM
No, I guess the "upgrade" is for people that own a Guitar Pro 5 copy and want to upgrade it to Guitar Pro 6. It will cost a little less.
I think that if you buy it and have the demo installed, you just have to go to "help -> register...", put your ID.
Then it will download the missing files and transform your demo version to the full version.

prsman27
01-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Can anyone PM where I can get an ID and key? Or if someone has an ID and key I could use it will be much appreciated.

Arby911
02-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Can anyone PM where I can get an ID and key? Or if someone has an ID and key I could use it will be much appreciated.

C'mon, it's $60.00, just buy it instead of stealing it.

If you can't do that, use one of the free alternatives like TuxGuitar or PowerTab.

musicpeeps
02-16-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm using guitar pro 5 and it was pretty amazing to use now there a new version I will download it

Matt Chavie
02-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Is there a way to switch GP6 to midi instruments, I don't like the RSE. :/

Darkflame
02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
^you have to create the tracks as midi instead of as RSE

C'mon, it's $60.00, just buy it instead of stealing it.

If you can't do that, use one of the free alternatives like TuxGuitar or PowerTab.

a thousand times this. It's such a cheap program for what it does, I couldn't justify not buying it.

gadoi
03-31-2011, 07:58 AM
Hello

I got Guitar Pro 6 but I am missing a important feature since v5 :

On the display of the fret, there are 2 Buttons < and > . In earlier version if I click on those on the tab I heard every single note, but in Guitar Pro 6 this isnt anymore.
Can someone help? I can't find the setting for this

Thank you in advance

Greetings

Ernie McCracken
04-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi, I bought guitar pro 6 and I am having trouble with it. I have searched google and it seems like nobody else is having this problem.

How do I specify the number of bars I want when I am setting up the score sheet? At the moment I have been laboriously inserting bars ONE AT A TIME which takes too long.

Also when I insert a bar, tab it, then insert another bar it appears before the bar I just tabbed. How do I change the settings so it gets inserted after.

I know these are basic questions, but if anyone out there has an answer I would be grateful.

MangeuDePoutine
04-21-2011, 12:51 PM
This don't worth it at all...

1. RSE isn't really good...
2. Previous tabs that guitar switch for example distortion to clean doesn't work anymore...
3. I didn't find yet how to change guitar on the same guitar line i have to create another track...
4. The drum no longer work in number you got to learn a new system that take at least 3x more of your time...
5. Most of the time note lag, play twice, doesn't play or have problem... !
6. You doesn't have the keyboard board to see note on a keyboard like in GP5...
7. You only have one drum set...
8. You can't remove standard notation or number notation...

If im wrong at some point feel free to correct me...

Otherwise i'll say... Let just wait until there's major update...
Cause for now... I'd rather stay with GP5

-MDP

intothe
05-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I tried GP6, I did not like the changes at all, everything was made more inconvenient, and I'm not interested in RSE at all, so I actually bought myself GP5 and got it yesterday, it is well worth the money if you ask me.

RockettBoy
05-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Ugh, I'm uninstalled GP6.
It's really inconvenient the fact that there are no tabs for instruments that aren't guitars.
Seriously, what is up with that?
I'm really confused with the logic that was behind that decision.
It's like they totally disregarded the hobbyists that like to use the program.

Disappointed kitty is disappointed.

The only thing that is nice is how it looks. But if it can't function...

Edit:
It's not even worth stealing let alone buying.
If you're going to buy, buy GP5 at this point.

Maniac1075
05-20-2011, 12:53 PM
I want to keep guitar pro 5, the look of 6 doesn't appeal to me, especially from what I hear about the percussion and other instruments .... all I seem to be able to find is threads about updating from 5 to 6, but no one has confirmed if I can keep 5 and run 6 as well? Does anyone know? I really don't even want 6, but there seems to be so many gpx files being uploaded around here lately.

EDIT: Never mind. Found an awesome site that converts GPX to GP5
tab-exporter.com

problem solved ;)

Falk_Oomikami
05-27-2011, 07:24 PM
After a few months using it, I have to say I find the new way of tabbing drums really convenient. Yes I whined too at first that it was different in a bad way, but now, I find it really convenient.
Most of the time you only need a few different sounds for a drum pattern, so if you do things cleanly, use 2 tracks (which you can do in GP5 too I think) so you can lay the kick on the second track, and all the rest (well, mostly snare, toms and cymbals) on the first.
That way, your beats are easily identifiable without having to use countless "silence" or pointed notes to fit the difference in note length.
Lets say you've got a metal beat with 8 snare and a different pattern of sixteenth kick drum.
In GP6, go on the 1st sub-track, place your snare in 8th by simply placing your cursor between the 3rd and 4th line, and hit either 1 2 or 3. 1 makes a basic snare sound, 2 a harder snare, 3 a stick (or rim) sound.
Then go to the 2nd sub track, place your cursor on the first line, and hit 1, you get a kick sound.
If you want to change your beat afterwards, your snares and kicks will be easily editable.
It seems confusing at first, but once you use it a bit and remember what each line/key corresponds to, it's really convenient.
No more having to hit "35" or "41" for a kick or a snare a countless amount of times. Just put your cursor on the right line and hit 1, 2, 3 or 4 depending of the number of different sound there is for a "type" of drum sound.

I agree though there are still some drawbacks. The way you change a guitar sound (to go from distortion to clean throughout the song for instance) is awkward and really unintuitive, maybe even buggy (I mostly tab Strapping Young Lad so I don't really need to switch to a clean guitar :).
And overall the software is a bit heavy on the computer (particularly when you display several tracks).

I think you can use guitar tabs for other instruments, you just have to change the sound, it's a bit weird though that it's not available by default for other instrument.

Btw, you have the keyboard display if use a keyboard track (ctrl+F6), and the guitar neck if you use a guitar. By default it switches automatically depending on the track, but you can choose whether you want to see the keyboard or guitar neck, on either a keyboard or guitar track.

Thee RSE is a bit of a PitA, but once you get a nice sound, it's not too bad. Better than midi IMO.

I think you can remove standard notation on string instruments tracks, F6.

ShredWithEd
05-28-2011, 10:19 PM
I got GP5 from pirate bay, but I couldn't view tabs on it from UGs archive so I deleted it.

kept saying I needed to update it...

ShredWithEd
05-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Nevermind, Go PlayAlong reads GP6 tabs and its free :)

Socks-FTW
06-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Personally, I've found Guitar Pro 6 to be better for composing my own material. When it comes to transcribing existing material, I'll use Guitar Pro 5, mainly because I'm still used to it, and I think that more people have Guitar Pro 5 than 6. I'll wait a bit before I start releasing tabs in Guitar Pro 6.

Mark1433
06-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Yes It's fantastic GP6(that i tried at a friend's home) but i saw on internet that there are a lot of programs very similar to it but free like tuxguitar........but i think that it's only for linux isn't it??

killergege
06-08-2011, 05:43 AM
Yes It's fantastic GP6(that i tried at a friend's home) but i saw on internet that there are a lot of programs very similar to it but free like tuxguitar........but i think that it's only for linux isn't it??

No TuxGuitar exist for Linux, Windows & Mac.
I stick with GP as I personnally love using the RSE (Real Sound Engine) in GP (which is quite cheap compared to some more "professional" oriented tools) but yes TuxG has the advantage of being free :).

MultipleCarsGuy
06-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I thought GP6 was well-worth the money spent. The interface is so much easier to work with. Learn how to use it before you put it down.

06-16-2011, 06:25 PM
^^^ i have avoided GP6 because of all the complaints and after a year they are still complaining. but i have seen a-lot of changes to the program that i like from there whats new page .

but still haven't seen enough to shell out the $60 .

JB95
06-23-2011, 07:15 AM
GP6 is alright, but I do get error codes now and then...
Pretty annoying if I have not saved my work, since all of it will be lost.
To be honest, most of what you can do on GP6, can be done at TuxGuitar. But one thing that I think is great with GP6 is that you can choose scales and add a fretboard that shows where every note in the scale are (and there is a shitload of scales, and chords too).
Also, the design is better, sound is too, but it's not really important since you can do most of the same thing at TuxGuitar.. which is free.

guoting
07-04-2011, 01:51 AM
I can't register my GP6 version either because the 'Server is busy'.

erskine
07-04-2011, 02:33 AM
GPS has now been updated for Mac OSX Lion due out later this month.

DanBrown93
07-19-2011, 10:59 AM
I can totally understand where most of you are coming from and the so called 'down falls' you are pointing out, but i feel that most of the problems you guys are getting is just down to not being used to it yet (bar the crashing which has happen to me loads of time before 6.0.9 update. Trust me, when you've sat there for 2 hrs scoring a song for college work and the screen just goes blank, you just go nuts:) )

I've had GP6 now for about 8 months and I really enjoy using it. I feel that with the drum scoring, moving away from all those numbers to only about 15 symbols seems to make a lot more sense. Not to mention that its just more professional to use actual scoring. Even if I did tabbing as a hobby, if I did go out in to the real world someone asked me 'Hey score this drum piece' I could actually do it :)

And I think with the new update you can change sounds mid on tracks mid song. All you have to do is go up to edit and click the variations tab and create the sound you want the track to change to from there.

I think if you just gave it a bit more time, you'll get used to the change and realize that its a bit more economical then GP5 in terms of work flow. That's just my opinion anyway. I thought it would be nice to hear from someone who hasn't really used GP5 and has learned this tabbing business from using GP6.

Said with respect D.B.

Haaa Haaa0
08-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Would anybody know how to insert a triplet into a polyrhythmic peice? Like so:

|------6:4-----|
q q q e e e q q
......|-3-|

Sorry for the periods, needed for it to look right...ignore them.

Kalststart
09-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi All!
I use now Guitar Pro 6 the Full Version with extra soundbanks.
Extra soundbanks? I'll talk about that later...

So my first though was: WOW! really amazing. The new Sound-engine is really good; sounds more realistic, especially the western and concert Guitars...
Also the new Layout is not to bad. It looks fresh and if you had used Guitar Pro 5 before, like me, you quikly adept the new menus etc.

But besides all this advantages there are still some things that could be better....

So as i said: Soundbanks. The new Guitar Pro 6 engine uses soundbanks to get that more realistic sound, wich is good, but I hate the fact that you have to pay fore a single new soundbank like a Les Paul sounding Guitar.

Moreover the volume on each instrument from a guitar Pro 5 tab, is not correct. some instruments are to loud some are quiet and on top of all that, sometimes you can't even adjust the volume on the control pannel. I really don't know why but you have to turn down the master volume wich is listed for each instrument in a new menu.

But if you just want to play your favorite solo you can do it as well with GP 5. It's really just a new experience to hear that new soundengine in GP 6. And if you dont want the new soundengine in GP 6 you can turn it off and switch to the GP 5 sounds.

So go and download the demo ;)
Decide by yourselfe

killergege
09-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi !

Some wrong things in the previous post, so here are some more information :

I hate the fact that you have to pay fore a single new soundbank like a Les Paul sounding Guitar.

This is not really true. Yes you have to pay for some additionnal sound banks that are really specific. And you have to pay for each "group of banks" (~5-8 banks) but you have a nice price if you take all of them.
But GP6 has run for more than a year with the "default" RSE soundbanks (additionnal soundbanks is a new feature), which are way better than the GP5 ones.
The additionnal soundbanks are absolutely not mandatory to use GP6 with Real Sound Engine.
So you'll probably buy them only if you're looking for a really specific sound or because you're not satisfied with the existing ones.
I personnaly didn't buy them.

sometimes you can't even adjust the volume on the control pannel. I really don't know why but you have to turn down the master volume wich is listed for each instrument in a new menu.

You can.
The volume slider is locked because the creator of the tab used volume changes in the track. That means that what was displayed in GP5 with hard-to-locate small red squares on the tab have now a dedicated screen that allows you to globally view the track's volume changes.
To disable the volume changes and to be able to alter the volume through the slider, in the volume automation, click on the green square at the left of the track.

Or you can change the volume of the amp (or equalizer) in the effect chain.

And if you dont want the new soundengine in GP 6 you can turn it off and switch to the GP 5 sounds.

As I said, this is not GP5 sounds, this is GP6 brand new sounds, and I find them really good for my usage (and probably most "tab editor" needs). The additional soundbanks are just there for really specific needs and the software absolutely doesn't need them to sound nice (moreover, with the effect chain, you can probably get a whole range of other sounds).

Please note that I don't work for Arobas music, I'm just a huge fan of their software :).

Maru717
09-17-2011, 06:33 PM
HELP!

Bought Guitar Pro 6 for Mac yesterday and i installed it. But i canīt get the soundbanks to work!!!

Iīve installed them like the manual says you should: dragged the soundbanks into the guitar pro icon in the application and it started loading them, then i restarted Guitar Pro and i couldnīt play my tracks because they had no sound asigned to them!

i cant believe i spent 60 bucks on guitar pro and im not being able to use it because of the damn soundbanks. What should i do?

i tried the launch updater for mac in the website, it worked once, but when i restarted guitar pro again, i had no sound again! Ive downloaded the soundbanks manually and still, nothing!

iīve uninstalled it and iīm downloading the software from the website.

PLEASE, any suggestion?

killergege
09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
I suggest that you post your issue on Arobas Music's official help website : http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music/
There are users that may have had the same issue as you and Arobas employees provide technical help here.

Maru717
09-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I suggest that you post your issue on Arobas Music's official help website : http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music/
There are users that may have had the same issue as you and Arobas employees provide technical help here.

Thanks, but i uninstalled it and downloaded the software from the website, and i could finally install the updates from the updater.

Funny, i paid 60 bucks for a box with a little paper in it, cause the DVD rom didnīt really work :haha:

Hydra150
09-19-2011, 01:04 AM
You can definately open old GP files and I doubt anyone here would share such a torrent, if not for moral reasons then at least because they might get banned.

Seth Shadows
09-20-2011, 03:18 PM
can you really get banned for sharing a torrent lol
Piracy is frowned upon.

Seth Shadows
09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
HELP!

Bought Guitar Pro 6 for Mac yesterday and i installed it. But i canīt get the soundbanks to work!!!

Iīve installed them like the manual says you should: dragged the soundbanks into the guitar pro icon in the application and it started loading them, then i restarted Guitar Pro and i couldnīt play my tracks because they had no sound asigned to them!

i cant believe i spent 60 bucks on guitar pro and im not being able to use it because of the damn soundbanks. What should i do?

i tried the launch updater for mac in the website, it worked once, but when i restarted guitar pro again, i had no sound again! Ive downloaded the soundbanks manually and still, nothing!

iīve uninstalled it and iīm downloading the software from the website.

PLEASE, any suggestion?
There's your problem.

Ridder Lugtepik
10-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Exporting files as gp5 works very badly in gp6 if you ask me, but anyway I really like gp6 (although I find it a lot more confusing than gp5)

Sweet Laddio
10-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I bought a mac recently and since I couldn't find a torrent for GP5, and I hate it. I find the interface isn't as friendly as gp5, although the sounds do sound better. But I was happy in gp5 just having distorted guitar, overdriven guitar and acoustic guitar.
GP6 makes it alot harder to copy and paste stuff across tracks, for some reason it adds the bars in that I copied again rather than just pasting the notes into empty bars. Furthermore i have problems with changing guitar sounds and tempos halfway through songs, it's just a bitch to do.
Is there anyway of getting a GP5 for mac that doesn't crash, because I don't want to use GP6 anymore, it gets under my skin every time I use it.

technoguyx
10-28-2011, 06:03 PM
can you really get banned for sharing a torrent lol
Yes.

I have both GP5 and GP6, mostly because many people I know still use GP5 and I personally like that one better too. The only good things about GP6 are a slightly better RSE (still pretty digital though) and more minor composing features, such as a new way to use grace notes and volume/pan automation.

What I really hate about GP6 though, is that MIDI playback seems to glitch randomly (and I think even MIDI sounds better than RSE. In RSE you worry way too much about EQ due to the overall muddiness of it), and that exporting to text, PDF and GP5 is pretty messed up at times.

thefollower
11-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Any one else notice alot of the GP5 tabs don't play correctly in GP6 ?

killergege
11-27-2011, 08:35 AM
The 6.1 update introduced an issue.
Now it should be fixed with the last update.

Kalststart
12-27-2011, 08:47 AM
As I said, this is not GP5 sounds, this is GP6 brand new sounds, and I find them really good for my usage (and probably most "tab editor" needs). The additional soundbanks are just there for really specific needs and the software absolutely doesn't need them to sound nice (moreover, with the effect chain, you can probably get a whole range of other sounds)
Please note that I don't work for Arobas music, I'm just a huge fan of their software :)

I mean to switch over to the standart GP5 soundengine you can simply press F2. And well off course you can buy some soundbank for specific needs, but if you do so and post a tab in UG and other people don't have bought this soundbank, this would be a dilemma. I think if something you put really hard work in to figue out the right sound, should not be demolished by some trade actions...

Yeah that about the bad things about GP6. But i also enjoy the new soundengine. Every first time is a little bit tricky but thats ok.

Guodlca
02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Does it require some time to start liking gp6? Because right now, all I see is cons, the only good thing I noticed so far is the slap and pop on the bass. The drums sound terrible compared to gp5, there's no wahwah for RSE, palm mutes aren't really palm mutes. Or am I doing something wrong? How could I obtain the same drum sound as the drums in gp5 have? At least approximately.

Johnsta15
02-18-2012, 03:35 PM
everyone should download Guitar Pro 6 cuz I make a lot tabs but I can't post any of them cuz they're all on gp6 and people tend to get pissed when they can't open tabs on gp5 :/

Johnsta15
02-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Does it require some time to start liking gp6? Because right now, all I see is cons, the only good thing I noticed so far is the slap and pop on the bass. The drums sound terrible compared to gp5, there's no wahwah for RSE, palm mutes aren't really palm mutes. Or am I doing something wrong? How could I obtain the same drum sound as the drums in gp5 have? At least approximately.

Sounds like you need the RSE packs cuz compared to gp5, gp6 is amazing in everyway and the drums sound awesome waaaaaay better than crappy old gp5 :)

Adrien_GP
02-22-2012, 09:12 AM

Hi,

Actually a wah-wah is available in the editing panel (note pictogram). Palm mute effect can be configured (from let ring to dead notes) thank to a dedicated tool in the instrument panel (guitar pictogram).

As well, it is possible to load a GP5 drum built-in preset in GP6. Go to the amp panel and then select in the preset list: "load built in preset" > "GP5" > "Drums tones".

Last thing, don't forget to use EQ and effect chain to work on the sound rendering.

Hope this helps.

Adrien_GP
02-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I bought a mac recently and since I couldn't find a torrent for GP5, and I hate it. I find the interface isn't as friendly as gp5, although the sounds do sound better. But I was happy in gp5 just having distorted guitar, overdriven guitar and acoustic guitar.
GP6 makes it alot harder to copy and paste stuff across tracks, for some reason it adds the bars in that I copied again rather than just pasting the notes into empty bars. Furthermore i have problems with changing guitar sounds and tempos halfway through songs, it's just a bitch to do.
Is there anyway of getting a GP5 for mac that doesn't crash, because I don't want to use GP6 anymore, it gets under my skin every time I use it.

Hello,

I suggest you to look at some tutorial ressources like "GuitarPro6Tutorials" Youtube channel.

Automations tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtyeJy4zO7M&list=UU8Sm7ZO4pYoNqlZw2Cb_CYg&index=25&feature=plcp. Transposition tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5N0fkbxFf0&list=UU8Sm7ZO4pYoNqlZw2Cb_CYg&index=28&feature=plcp.

You can also find 30 tutorials made by David Wallimann on our website: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=tutoriels-videos-guitar-pro

Please feel free to contact us on the support for any further problem regarding GP6: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=contact

Hive_Node
03-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Much love for all the people making pro tabs. I would never have the patience for it.

darkblackpoison
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I had some problems in GP5 when using RSE, the sound was often delayed and everything sounded awful. No such problem in GP6. You can also adjust the sound settings for each track. I like that.
But you cannot save a file in gp5 or any other guitar pro format. only gpx.

killergege
03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
But you cannot save a file in gp5 or any other guitar pro format. only gpx.

You can save as gp5, just use the "export" feature in the "file" menu.

Adrien_GP
03-23-2012, 04:12 AM
@darkblackpoison: as Killergege says, just go to the "file" menu > "export" and then select ".gp5". By the way, which version of GP6 are you running at the moment? If necessary, update your version:

- on win/lin: "help" menu > launch updater
- on mac: "guitar pro" menu > launch updater

If you're encountering a problem in the process, feel free to contact us here: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=contact

darkblackpoison
04-07-2012, 01:32 PM
@darkblackpoison: as Killergege says, just go to the "file" menu > "export" and then select ".gp5". By the way, which version of GP6 are you running at the moment? If necessary, update your version:

- on win/lin: "help" menu > launch updater
- on mac: "guitar pro" menu > launch updater

If you're encountering a problem in the process, feel free to contact us here: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=contact

Wow thanks for that GP5 format thingy :D

And it says my launcher is updated, thanks :)

ragnarr023
04-08-2012, 01:13 PM
if anyone found any torrent or working unlimited serial . PLEASE post it here ,
Rather download the trial version and see if you like it. Try to support the makers of the software and not download it illegally.

fanapathy
05-16-2012, 03:13 AM
RSE2 is really good. The drums are awesome. I really like gp6 for tabbing guitar, not so much synths or drums really.

jonathan.keeler
06-26-2012, 01:17 PM
i got the trial for GP6 some time ago and it looked ... well, okay. the only major floor that stopped me getting it (and why im still using GP5) was that there were no drum tabs. for example, i know that for the bass drum i have 36 and 35, the snares are on 37 38 40, i have all the cymbles on 42 44 46 49 51 52 53 55 57 59 an all the toms. i know these so well that i dont think about them when im tabbing up drums. i found the drumming tedious on GP6.

i dont know if im missing something and if anyone can tell me a way to use drum tab on GP6 then i will probably switch.

Chapal Puteh
06-27-2012, 03:25 AM
I have guitar pro 5 , then my old tab that i create ownself cannot fit with RSE(not generate RSE if i click on RSE UI) , but when i download any new tab , the RSE generate goodly . .. how can be this ?

sickness.ch
06-27-2012, 04:37 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure if I am at the right place for this question, but let's have a try !

Does anyeone know how to tab a bass drop with Guitar Pro 6 ? I know some guys had good results with GP5 but I couldn't manage to make a descent bass drop with GP6.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot !

atira
07-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Hi,

I'm sure others had this problem too: certain components of drum soundbanks sound very quiet or completely inaudible (specially toms).
Has anyone found a good solution?
I've read something about reverting back to old soundbanks (before some update) or something like that.

metalmania99
08-22-2012, 02:16 PM
I hope someone can reply to this... Is there a way to make the tabs appear on the sheet in GP6? I double clicked any instrument timeline and a small window pops up but it won't let me change/edit the staves to tablature or slash, it's stuck on standard, please how can I fix this.

Regards.

animus6
08-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Would anybody know how to insert a triplet into a polyrhythmic peice? Like so:

|------6:4-----|
q q q e e e q q
......|-3-|

Sorry for the periods, needed for it to look right...ignore them.

I'm having the same problem. I did some looking, I know there is probably a thread somewhere that addresses this but I couldn't find it in a reasonable amount of time. Trying to tab a poly-rhythm within a poly-rhythm is a pain in the pooper. I tried doing some math to make things work, and I end up with a disgusting mess of tied notes and outrageous ratios. What brought me here is bars 98 & 99 (or there around) in Zappa's Deathless Horsie, Vai transcriptions. It contains a 10:8, 6:4, 5:4 all grouped in a 3:4 (quarter notes). I ended up using 30:32 making all notes into 32 and using some double dotting in the 6tuplet group. Its ugly and confusing but I can hear the difference in the timing and I want to make it right. Obviously I know how it should sound and I should just insert a note about the timing. But I want to use this to trade some of my original ideas with friends quickly before I take the time to record them etc. and this will then pose a problem.

So long story short, poly-rhythms in poly-rhythms? HOW?

Jay McAllister
10-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi, I bought guitar pro 6 and I am having trouble with it. I have searched google and it seems like nobody else is having this problem.

How do I specify the number of bars I want when I am setting up the score sheet? At the moment I have been laboriously inserting bars ONE AT A TIME which takes too long.

Also when I insert a bar, tab it, then insert another bar it appears before the bar I just tabbed. How do I change the settings so it gets inserted after.

I know these are basic questions, but if anyone out there has an answer I would be grateful.

I think to add a bar all you have to do is tap the arrow button -> on your keyboard. Tap it as many times as you like for the number of bars you want.

fanapathy
11-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi,

I'm posting to express some frustration with exporting to .gp5
This works really poorly in general and in my experience, if trying to open the result in GP5 it crashes a lot of the time and the soundbanks for most instruments get reset to the default.
Volume variations or otherwise soundbank changes seem to have huge problems.

A lot of people prefer gp5 or don't have gp6 and I'd like to make some tabs more available because of that.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102111217/Shared/GP5exp.jpg

That's only about half of them. If I try to open the result, it just crashes right away and I'll have to terminate GP5 with task manager.

Really hope Arobas improves this or otherwise makes GPX readable for open source developers like tuxguitar. The software is otherwise really damn good

killergege
11-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I already discussed opening gpx in tuxguitar few months / years ago and it should work (don't know if it has been released, maybe in a nightly build version).

If you have any problem with the software, I suggest that you submit your file to the support to allow them to check what's wrong and correct it. You can also have support for your issues on http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music/

I agree that there should not be so many errors when exporting. I exported a lot of gpx to gp5 and never had any issue like this.

fanapathy
11-08-2012, 12:39 AM
I'll try installing TG on my Ubuntu (I'm not really a linux user) and see if I can open any of them. Cool, thank you for that. It's generally with a lot of automations and soundbank changes the errors happen I think. I haven't had issues with typical 4-5 track tabs that don't have any "extras"

Edit: I did get tuxguitar and investigated a bit. As the default software hasn't been updated in 2-3 years, it does not read .gpx
The author has however written a lot of code for gpx, others have reported it working with subversions and another dude has made a plugin as well. I have no idea what do with linux files and how to execute these custom versions so can't really confirm it. And gp6 trial version doesn't allow you to open files either as far as I know. It sucks because it limits who can use your tabs a lot. I use gp6 only for tabbing, and it's just because of the awesome soundbanks really. It's just a bit sad to get PMs when someone wants a tab and I can't convert it. Also contacted the guy who runs tab-exporter.com (converts lots of gpx decently but not all), hopefully he can make things work

takachan
03-18-2013, 04:35 AM
A lot of people have complaints about the piano, trumpets, and other non guitar instruments. I was just wondering, couldn't you just open the instrument as guitar and then switch the sound to piano or something else, or am I missing something?

bondmorkret
03-18-2013, 06:41 AM
I can see that GP6 is more fully featured and does lots of new things, but I still wish I hadn't upgraded from GP5 as I don't need any of the new features, and now I've got to get used to the new interface :(

fanapathy
03-18-2013, 09:16 AM
A lot of people have complaints about the piano, trumpets, and other non guitar instruments. I was just wondering, couldn't you just open the instrument as guitar and then switch the sound to piano or something else, or am I missing something?

Yes indeed, this is no problem. It will have the guitar icon/etc but it doesn't matter. This helps for writing those instruments in TAB rather than needing to know sheet music or using the keyboard thing to score them. I tab everything using Electric Clean then change the soundbanks for it as needed, it will be the same thing

I can see that GP6 is more fully featured and does lots of new things, but I still wish I hadn't upgraded from GP5 as I don't need any of the new features, and now I've got to get used to the new interface :(

It's really worth getting used to. I felt the same way about GP6 in the beginning as well, there's just a lot you can do with the software that you can't in GP5 + all your stuff will sound a ton better, not that it matters a lot, but it's fine for backing tracks to practice along to or writing basic compositions. Distortion guitar is pretty much the only thing that still sounds quite bad/unrealistic (no matter how you tweak it) and hopefully they'll improve it significantly for GP7 :)

Dregen
03-19-2013, 03:34 PM
GP6 is great. and yeah, the distorted guitars do sound like shit, i can tweak the EQ and compression to make them sound ok, but they sound so... mechanical. sometimes i like it, but a lot of the time i don't. and palm mutes have no heaviness or fullness at all. the cleans and drums are fantastic though, that's pretty much all i write on it anyway. i also like how the changing the dynamics or adding ghost notes actually changes the tone quality of the instruments too, not just the volume. especially useful for getting really realistic drum sounds.

Emperor's Child
03-19-2013, 03:48 PM
I had some problems in GP5 when using RSE, the sound was often delayed and everything sounded awful. No such problem in GP6. You can also adjust the sound settings for each track. I like that.This can be fixed in GP5.2 (and maybe 5.1, I'm not sure), by adjusting the latency values under Options -> Audio Settings. RSE is pretty bad in any version of Guitar Pro, so these days I'm using the default MIDI sounds anyway.

I will add, that it is possible to export the MIDI in real time to another program. I've done this via Fruity Loops but I've had trouble managing multiple VSTIs.

ChemicalFire
03-19-2013, 04:45 PM
I'd be all over Guitar Pro 6 if I could just type in my bloody drums.

mattman25
03-20-2013, 01:46 AM
I'd be all over Guitar Pro 6 if I could just type in my bloody drums.

Thats why i disliked it at first but learning drum notation is actually extremely easy. Just start by downloading a tab and looking at its notation.

T.A.Z
03-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Just upgraded last night to GP6 after being an avid fan and user of GP5. I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into this new system.

Diamondrag
03-23-2013, 10:37 AM
I've had Guitar Pro 6 for a while. It's a great interface! Only took me a 1 week to get used to the new interface. If anyone needs help let me know :)

Djentics
05-02-2013, 08:44 AM
I've been using GP6 and I'm disappointed 'cause it has been complicated... I'm using GP5.2 without RSE... To be honest, RSE sounds shitty on every version... :)

jamesfarnando
05-10-2013, 04:25 AM
i still use gp5, what are the upgrades in the new virsion?