Velvet Underground

PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Underground

IRISH_PUNK13
04-11-2010, 05:05 AM
Okay I've heard people classify these guys as proto punk so I was wondering if there are any other bands that have a simillar sound?

morciu
04-11-2010, 05:24 AM
The Modern Lovers. Richman was a big Velvet fan.

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
04-11-2010, 12:55 PM
proto punk... check out television, the flamin' groovies, the dictators, patti smith and the modern lovers.

werty22
04-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Never heard of them.
proto punk... check out television, the flamin' groovies, the dictators, patti smith and the modern lovers.
The Dictators? Really?

Iluvpowerchords
04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
The 'Tators sound nothing like VU.

But man do I love me some Go Girl Crazy!

Buck's Student
04-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Sonic Youth, anyone?

I wouldn't classify them as anything with the word punk in it, but they all had a lot to do with it. Especially John Cale.

werty22
04-11-2010, 01:30 PM

Me too.

Lou Reed's solo music would be an obvious thing to look into.

neidnarb11890
04-11-2010, 01:33 PM
The Jesus & Mary Chain sound like what The Velvet Underground would sound like if they liked the Ramones and had six times as much distortion.

Buck's Student
04-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Me too.

John Cale's Sabotage album is one of the greatest punk albums, of all time! :cool: Lou never did anything like that.

werty22
04-11-2010, 01:39 PM
John Cale's Sabotage album is one of the greatest punk albums, of all time! :cool: Lou never did anything like that.
Metal Machine Music is the best album in history.

Buck's Student
04-11-2010, 01:40 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

neidnarb11890
04-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Beat me to it.
It's the very essence of punk rock. *-)

whyvern
04-11-2010, 02:59 PM
The early THOMAS FUNCTION demos sound alot like THE VELVET UNDERGROUND

RizzoWashburn
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
This. Lou Reed's solo stuff is shit compared to Cale's. Anybody who says otherwise is a deaf hipster.

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
04-11-2010, 04:22 PM

nah, i was just listing proto punk bands. truth be told, there is really very little from the proto punk era that actually sounds like the VU. if we're not limiting ourselves to that, then check out

Suicide
Spacemen 3
Galaxie 500
Young Marble Giants

Swell Maps might be worth a listen too.

Gnomefry
04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I love the Velvet Underground. Television has sort of a similar feel or whatever you want to call it. Dictator's Two Tub Man- "I think Lou Reed is a creep."

Buck's Student
04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I love the Velvet Underground. Television has sort of a similar feel or whatever you want to call it. Dictator's Two Tub Man- "I think Lou Reed is a creep."
Television were a bit more... Clean. Not nearly as noisy.

neidnarb11890
04-11-2010, 08:47 PM
This. Lou Reed's solo stuff is shit compared to Cale's. Anybody who says otherwise is a deaf hipster.
Yeah, but we all know Mo Tucker's is the best. :daisy:

werty22
04-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, Lou Reed's solo stuff seems kind of hackneyed, but he's got some good pop songs. Transformer is a little bit interesting because of Mick Ronson and David Bowie's parts in it. And The Blue Mask is awesome just because Robert Quine played on it.

I never took the time to listen to John Cale until today. I didn't really care for it. I was hoping for something less conventional. The songs I heard from Sabotage were pretty neat though.

RizzoWashburn
04-11-2010, 10:33 PM
My favorite John Cale albums are Words For The Dying (I'm a huge Dylan Thomas fan) and Paris 1919.

IRISH_PUNK13
04-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Well I'm a huge Sonic youth junkie, and I like Jesus Mary chain. I guess I'll check out the other bands listed...
Also I agree that Lou Reeds solo work wasn't that great, I like some of his solo stuff but it's just not as good as VU.
Thanks.
:cheers:

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
04-12-2010, 07:59 AM
jesus, lou reed's solo stuff is pretty awesome. i mean, there's a lot of shit and most of it fades in comparison to the 4 VU albums (or john cale's best) but there's some good stuff. street hassle, berlin, the blue mask, transfromer, new york... he's made some great albums.

also, i reckon vintage violence is john cale's best album. paris 1919 is great too though.

IRISH_PUNK13
04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
jesus, lou reed's solo stuff is pretty awesome. i mean, there's a lot of shit and most of it fades in comparison to the 4 VU albums (or john cale's best) but there's some good stuff. street hassle, berlin, the blue mask, transfromer, new york... he's made some great albums.

also, i reckon vintage violence is john cale's best album. paris 1919 is great too though.
Well I meant that it wasn't as good as his VU work, I likke his solo work, I actually listen to his stuff quite a bit.
Maybe I worded my last post the wrong way. :cheers:

DanRev
04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Been listening pretty religiously again.

Pale Blue Eyes is pretty much perfect, I'd passed over that third album in favour of &Nico (her voice irritates me nowadays) and WLWH back when I had my last VU phase, but it's got some great bits on it.

IRISH_PUNK13
04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Been listening pretty religiously again.

Pale Blue Eyes is pretty much perfect, I'd passed over that third album in favour of &Nico (her voice irritates me nowadays) and WLWH back when I had my last VU phase, but it's got some great bits on it.
Yeah at first I thought her voice was good, but now I can't stand her...
I've been listening to their self titled album alot rescently.

neidnarb11890
04-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I never liked Nico's singing, but I don't skip her tracks anymore.
I need to get the self-titled album still. I have the first two & Loaded.

I rock White Light/White Heat the most. "Here She Comes Now" and "Sister Ray" are my favorites, for completely opposite reasons.

IRISH_PUNK13
04-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I always liked 'Here she comes now', and 'What goes on'..
'Heroin' has to be my favorite just cause the song structure.

lavazza
04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Nico has an awful voice, the accent is irritating and it seems to me as if she doesn´t get any tone, but I still like the voice within the songs

lolmnt
04-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I like a few Nico songs. Most aren't good. And she's awful at singing.

werty22
04-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I don't like Nico much. All Tommorrow's Parties is a kewl song, but I think I'd like it better with Lou singing.

Buck's Student
04-13-2010, 06:05 PM
My favorite John Cale albums are Words For The Dying (I'm a huge Dylan Thomas fan) and Paris 1919.
It's is worth mentioning Songs For Drella, the Cale/Reed collaboration. Brilliant.

Sabotage, The Island Years (Three albums in a two disk set), and Paris 1919. I pretty much like his entire seventies works, including collaborations.

...but, I'd never put Lou Reed down, other than he's always "tough guy", and he's written some of the most pansyassed stuff ever. :haha: I mean that in a good way. Satellite of Love is a great song.

Note on Nico: She was huge in Europe, or at least France. She was reduced to traveling in a station wagon before her death.

IRISH_PUNK13
04-13-2010, 11:54 PM
It's is worth mentioning Songs For Drella, the Cale/Reed collaboration. Brilliant.

Sabotage, The Island Years (Three albums in a two disk set), and Paris 1919. I pretty much like his entire seventies works, including collaborations.

...but, I'd never put Lou Reed down, other than he's always "tough guy", and he's written some of the most pansyassed stuff ever. :haha: I mean that in a good way. Satellite of Love is a great song.

Note on Nico: She was huge in Europe, or at least France. She was reduced to traveling in a station wagon before her death.
Did you seriously just say that Lou Reed is always tough guy? :haha: :haha:
I've never though of him like that.
But I do agree about the way he writes...
I guess that's what makes him so great.

Buck's Student
04-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Did you seriously just say that Lou Reed is always tough guy? :haha: :haha:
I've never though of him like that.
But I do agree about the way he writes...
I guess that's what makes him so great.
He generally tries to put on a macho act. Or, at least his attitude is usually "**** off, don't mess".

lavazza
04-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Just listening to a CD with Nico solo I found at home. The stuff that´s from Velvet Underground is ok, she still does not get the tones, but I listened to a The End cover and it sounds like a far eastern karaoke version......creepy

RawPower218
04-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Nico's 3 (or 4) songs on The Velvet Underground & Nico are great and it really annoys me when people say they suck.

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
04-18-2010, 05:50 AM
eh, i'm a nico fan but here voice is pretty hit and miss. there are moments in songs like femme fatale where i'll think "wow, the timbre of that is pretty gorgeous", in some other songs her voice is just grating.

anarkee
04-19-2010, 04:05 PM
I like "The Marble Index" the John Cale / Nico collaboration album, but its not very accessible.

I love Lou Reed and Jonathan Richmond. Jonathan and the Modern Lovers are definitely in the proto punk arena. And seeing Jonathan live is really, really fun. He's incredibly accessible as an artist. And check out Jonathan Richmond's other major influences--the early Stooges and the MC5s.

werty22
04-19-2010, 05:19 PM
...It's Richman.

Buck's Student
04-23-2010, 04:23 PM
...It's Richman.
Grammar police?

I never cared for the Modern Lovers, but love Jerry Harrison. I think his work in Talking Heads is so overlooked. Great guitar player.

empty bathtub
04-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Me too.

Transformer is really great. OHH IT'S SUCH A PERFECT DAY

empty bathtub
04-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Nico's 3 (or 4) songs on The Velvet Underground & Nico are great and it really annoys me when people say they suck.
"I'll Be Your Mirror" is killer.

newyorkdolls138
04-26-2010, 02:45 AM
That girl Nico sounds like she could BE IN vu

werty22
04-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Listening to the demos and outtakes from Peel Slowly and See for the first time, I'm surprised at how good they are. Really good. I like the Nico songs on it too, even though I'm still not a big fan of her voice.

vagelier
12-27-2011, 06:25 AM
This band is awesome. Maybe my fave band. Too bad they only put out 4 studio albums, all 4 of which are amazing. I own Loaded and I dont get why its always at the bottom of VU lists. Sweet Nuthin is beautiful. Anyway, /bump.

edit: is lou reed's solo stuff much like VU? which album of his should I get?

due 07
12-27-2011, 10:33 AM
This band is awesome. Maybe my fave band. Too bad they only put out 4 studio albums, all 4 of which are amazing. I own Loaded and I dont get why its always at the bottom of VU lists. Sweet Nuthin is beautiful. Anyway, /bump.

Lulu.

uhh_me?
12-27-2011, 11:47 AM
The Blue Mask, Transformer, and Metal Machine Music because everything you've heard about the last one is true.

John Cale's solo career is also worth looking into. i think that a lot of people would say it is better than Lou's.

neidnarb11890
12-27-2011, 12:42 PM
I absolutely love John Cale's Paris 1919. :heart:

Also, Nico's solo stuff, which features plenty of Cale, is pretty sweet. Out of all the VU members, she probably did the most avant-garde stuff after leaving. I mean, other than Metal Machine Music.

Jearl
12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
this is awesome. when I clicked onto this thread, I figured it'd be in classic rock. mayyyybe indie & alt. I completely forgot about the proto-punk thing. hahaha. that's how awesome the Velvets were, man. so many different kinds of fans can get into them.

that being said, all of these suggestions have been really great so far.
you might be into some Adam Green. I've heard a bunch of comparisons to Lou Reed, especially Adam's newest album Minor Love. a lot of really crazy lyrics. I love him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dvwRE4gok0&feature=relmfu

also, Beat Happening. good lo fi sounds and deeper vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMd9zQt8TE

█▐▌█▐▌
12-27-2011, 01:59 PM
is lou reed's solo stuff much like VU? which album of his should I get?
I wouldn't say it's much like the VU in its musical arrangements, which is why a lot of people don't like it, but naturally it's very much the same singin'- and songwritin'-wise.

Transformer is essential of course.

If you wanna explore his early solo stuff more, his first (self-titled) album is real cool too—most of the songs were recycled from the VU days, however, so if you've already dug into the VU's rarities comps and live albums you might not really hear anything new.

A lot of people really like Berlin. I've only jammed it a few times. It's pretty melodramatic, and it probably requires more conscious listening than most of his stuff I guess.

Metal Machine Music is the most badass and beautiful ambient texture evar.

Critix like The Blue Mask because it's all stripped-down and Bob Quine played on it. I like it, but it's a little overrated IMO. Many of the lyrics make me cringe—I know they're supposed to be like that, but still.

New York is a lot of fun.

I've never really liked John Cale's solo stuff. I just don't like his accent, or how neat and tidy Paris 1919 sounds. Maybe I'll give Fear another shot someday. I kinda liked some stuff from Sabotage/Live at one point, but I couldn't get past the voice, which somehow made the lyrics sound stilted and lame.

Nico's Chelsea Girl is nice. I still need to check out The Marble Index.

neidnarb11890
12-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I love how neat & tidy Paris 1919 is, and I like his accent, it's pretty sexy.

neidnarb11890
12-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Have you guys heard Cale & Eno's collab, Wrong Way Up? It's a more pop-oriented record than you might expect (or hope for) from those cats (well, not like Eno's a stranger to pop musik), but it's really sweet nevertheless.

█▐▌█▐▌
12-27-2011, 02:48 PM
I used to listen to Eno quite a bit, but I don't think I ever passed the threshold between "sorta liking" and "liking" his music. He's too scientific for me, I guess.

As far as collabs, though, Songs for Drella is pretty cool, if a bit too Cale-esque and neat, if ya like Reed and/or Cale and/or are at all interested in the persona of Andy Warhol.

Iluvpowerchords
12-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Cale's solo stuff is pretty tits.

Dude can scream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHF7b326ydg

Also he was waaaaay ahead of the curve on trucker hats and weird accessories.

neidnarb11890
12-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Ooops, ^^

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of the ambient stuff - it's interesting, I like to put it on in the background while I'm reading - but I really love his first few solo albums. Taking Tiger Mountain (by Strategy) is a favorite.

I have Songs for Drella and listened to it once & it was just OK.

I read an interview with Robert Quine where he basically said Lou Reed's a giant asshole & he's way too concerned with being viewed as a poet which is often detrimental to him as a rocknroller, and that's how I feel about that album.

Incidentally, Quine also said he'd recorded some stuff with Eno in the early '80s but it got scrapped. Too bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

█▐▌█▐▌
12-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Man, if Songs for Drella is supposed to be Lou Reed trying to be viewed as a poet... Well... He's a shitty poet. What I like about his lyrics (besides the ones about sucking on ding dongs, etc.) is that they're coyly unpoetic. Or something like that.

I only remember listening to Drella once, for the record.

I'll see if I can't dig up that Quine interview, sounds interesting.

█▐▌█▐▌
01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
:fart:

http://www.klipsch.com/Lou-Reed-Image-X10i-Headphones

neidnarb11890
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Uhm, wut?

bradulator
01-06-2012, 07:19 PM
White Light/White Heat came in the mail today :dance:

█▐▌█▐▌
01-06-2012, 07:21 PM
http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/3579/product_image/thm/t450_x7_e593aeba2f0fb3a7a3426c28234860d5.jpg

dat rascal atitagin

http://images.wikia.com/timanderic/images/4/4c/1a332_550724f.jpg

Black Cigarette
01-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Down with Television ( awe ye marquee moon).

Stooges are pretty-proto punk.

Sonic Youth started too late.

vagelier
05-02-2012, 11:50 AM
I only need White Light/White Heat to complete my VU discography. Although it is ****ing great, I must admit it is their worst studio album (with the exclusion of Squeeze). Sigh. They really shouldve released more shit.

█▐▌█▐▌
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Wait, WL/WH is their worst? You're stupid.

Also there are two compilations worth of pretty good non-album tracks and plenty of bootlegs.

Hereiwas
05-02-2012, 01:48 PM
i love white light/white heat! Its got Sister Ray, Lady Godiva's Operation, loads of good stuff. Here She Comes, my the list goes on.

█▐▌█▐▌
05-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah it's got good songs like

the title track
The Gift
Here She Comes Now
Lady Godiva's Operation
I Heard Her Call My Name
Sister Ray

I had a feeling I would get the middle two backwards. Wonder if I can still list the track order of Ramones.

Blitzkrieg Bop
Beat on the Brat
Chainsaw
I Wanna Be Yr. Boyfriend
Judy is a Punk
Let's Dance
I Don't Wanna Go Down to the Basement
Havana Affair
Loudmouth
Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
Listen to My Heart
Today Yr. Love

Nope not even close. I mixed up "Chainsaw" and "Judy" for a good reason tho. Same with putting "Listen to My Heart" in "I Don't Wanna Walk Around with You"'s place.

Do y'all know albums inside & out? I should know my fave albums more inside & out.

vagelier
05-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Wait, WL/WH is their worst? You're stupid.

Your face is stupid and I bet you smell like egg.

Hereiwas
05-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Nope. I hardly ever even look at the track titles because there's no point because no one else listens to them anyway, so there's no need to accurately reference them.

But I can probably do like Nevermind or something that I listened to religously when I was thirteen.

Smells Like Teen Spirit
In Bloom
something
Come As You Are
Polly
something...

Nope. Not even. :/

I can do Super Roots 7 by The Boredoms though

7~
7 (Boriginal)
7+

8)

bradulator
05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah I don't pay much attention to song titles. I still don't even know most of the names of the tracks to Crooked Rain and Loveless.

█▐▌█▐▌
05-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Oh wow I'm an idiot. All this time I didn't know Doug Yule did some of the vocals on Loaded. I thought that was just Lou in his high register. :confus: :bonk: Figured he just sounded different when he was making a real effort to sing actual melodies.

vagelier
05-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Every album is just so... amazing in its own right.

VU & Nico is, objectively, the most important album. Nico on there, killer tunes, immensely influential, and goddamn Venus in Furs reaches stratospheric heights.

White Light/White Heat is IMO their most experimental, their most avant-garde work.

VU is full of gold star songwriting.

With Loaded they took their songwriting to a new level. The songs are well-structured and are absolute classics, Sweet Jane, Rock & Roll, New Age, OH Sweet Nuthin'. Though I get that one might find it a little too polished compared to the first two albums.

I'd probably take Loaded over VU,mainly because of Oh Sweet Nuthin', but they are pretty darn close.

kaneorsomething
05-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I would say WL/WH is closer to their best album than their worst.

█▐▌█▐▌
05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I think he was talkin' about VU the 1985 compilation, not the self-titled third album. Cuz everybody knows the self-titled is better than Loaded.

I think the first album is more "experimental" and just as "avant garde" as WL/WH. WL/WH is just really noisy (needless to say). Like, just turning everything up really ****ing loud isn't really experimental, and jamming for 17 minutes is only marginally so. Suppose "The Gift" qualifies though.

vagelier
05-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Am I really alone on this one? I love WL/WH, but I still maintain it is their worst album (out of the 4 studio albums). It simply is the album I least like to listen to, mainly for what you just said: a lot of it is plain noise.

Hereiwas
05-08-2012, 04:40 PM
But noise is so fun!!!

How about this for controversy... I was talking to someone today who said the first 15 seconds are the best part of Sweet Jane??? For me its the bit i have to get through, you know?

█▐▌█▐▌
05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Am I really alone on this one? I love WL/WH, but I still maintain it is their worst album (out of the 4 studio albums). It simply is the album I least like to listen to, mainly for what you just said: a lot of it is plain noise.
y'r in the punk forum, brosef

bradulator
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I can't say that WL/WH is better or worse than the others, but I have to be in the mood to listen to it.

vagelier
05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Why is this thread in the punk forum anyway? Why not Classic Rock?

kaneorsomething
05-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Why is this thread in the punk forum anyway? Why not Classic Rock?

The invention of punk is directly linked to the Velvets. They "deserve" to be in the punk classification as much as any other band here.

█▐▌█▐▌
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I agree, about VU & Nico being my favorite but feeling sorta lame for it. White Light and the s-t are really close, but I like the former better/more often.

The first three songs on Loaded are some of their very best. The rest is prtty much their worst.

vagelier
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
ahum:

>cool it down
>new age
>oh sweet nuthin'

especially oh sweet nuthing is bloody amazing. Loaded is actually the album that got me into them, and I'd say it is my favourite on some days. But to say that the rest of loaded is their worst seems ridiculous. Lonesome Cowboy Bill is not really meant to be taken seriously, and I'd say I Found A Reason is up to par with e.g. That's The Story Of My Life (from Velvet Underground).
Either way, I've always found that the undergrounds main quality is that they havent produced anything thats bad with their 4 albums. Except for maybe that one time I found a live version of All Tomorrow's Parties and heard Lou singing :mad:

bradulator
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
I think Cool It Down sucks, but I pretty much love the rest of Loaded. I love the self-titled, and VU&Nico is usually fantastic. I basically don't know which is my favorite because it changes depending on my mood.

vagelier
05-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Agree with the last part, disagree completely with the first. Dat groove. Dat flow. Dat melody. Maybe the chorus is a little flawed, but the verses are divine.

bradulator
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Nah it sucks. New Age is good, Hand Held High is pretty good in a rock n'roll kind of way, Lonesome Cowboy Bill isn't bad, I Found A Reason is excellent, Train Around the Bend is alright, and Oh Sweet Nuthin is great.

█▐▌█▐▌
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I had "Lonesome Cowboy Bill" stuck in my head the other day while walking in my back yard. True story. :fart:

I'm also not saying anything on Loaded is bad, it's just less good. (Quite a lot less good.)

vagelier
05-09-2012, 02:20 AM
You guys... at least we can all agree that Velvet Underground is the best band to walk the face of the earth, amirite?

█▐▌█▐▌
05-09-2012, 02:28 AM
I wouldn't argue with you. I wouldn't say it though.

vagelier
05-09-2012, 03:25 AM
oh, get a room :rolleyes:

█▐▌█▐▌
05-09-2012, 03:30 AM
we have a room. get out of our room & go to yr precious classic rock forum. :rolleyes:

█▐▌█▐▌
05-09-2012, 03:41 AM
ew

vagelier
05-09-2012, 04:16 AM
it's just... would a punk band write Candy Says, Jesus, or Sticking With You?

Huh?

Didn't think so.

So move along.

http://i.imgur.com/8HmK0.gif

█▐▌█▐▌
05-09-2012, 04:34 AM
well if anybody knows about punk here it's you

vagelier
05-09-2012, 05:30 AM
why's that?

█▐▌█▐▌
05-09-2012, 05:37 AM
:rolleyes:

vagelier
05-09-2012, 05:51 AM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/33667-1/rolleyesbarfx2.gif

█▐▌█▐▌
05-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Oh please, you used the snob face first.

you used the snob—face first

due 07
05-09-2012, 09:37 AM
The VU are punk. \m/

s/t>wl/wh/&nico>loaded

vagelier
05-10-2012, 09:22 AM
s/t>wl/wh/&nico>loaded
oh due, u so silly
it goes &nico>loaded=s/t>wl/wh

Hereiwas
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM
swap loaded and white light, yeah?

vagelier
05-11-2012, 10:13 AM
loaded kicks ass.

due 07
05-11-2012, 11:17 PM
loaded kicks ass.
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/33667-1/rolleyesbarfx2.gif

vagelier
05-12-2012, 08:16 AM
so guise, is Perfect Day a song about heroin?

Hereiwas
05-12-2012, 04:44 PM
: (

seems yes.

atleast he gets to go to the zoo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiT_O90jkUI

The photo at 1:30 made me laugh out loud, for real.

vagelier
05-15-2012, 12:26 PM
dat swag.

vagelier
05-28-2012, 05:35 AM
god dammit I can never find this thread because it is in the punk forum.
the velvet underground are punk in the same way that a melon is a vegetable.

█▐▌█▐▌
05-28-2012, 11:06 AM
You're a fucking dumb cocksucker in the same way that a fucking dumb cocksucker is a fucking dumb cocksucker.

There are other Velvet Underground threads. This is the one in the Punk forum. It was made so people who dig punk-related music could discuss them in that context. If you wanna talk about how great Squeeze is or something find one of the threads in the Classic Rock forum.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=9594909

:daisy:

vagelier
06-16-2012, 07:33 AM
the only thing I would like to squeeze is your anus to make some sweet anal nectar juice :o

uhh_me?
07-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Some good discussion was going on here.

Y'all see the super deluxe version of VU&Nico that's coming out?

due 07
07-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Disc four looks cool.

█▐▌█▐▌
07-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Box set reissues are pretty bullshit. It's like, we obviously already have the album; if ya wanna remaster some old bootlegs that's cool but don't try to 'sell' me stuff I already have. Putting Chelsea Girls in there is especially whack. And they're doing this for the 45 year anniversary? Bet they'll do something else in 5 years.

But boys will be boys (boys=record companies). I will download it anyway. It doesn't appear to be laid out too badly. I never did find a good comprehensive recording of that Columbus show so that's kewl.

They should make it 7 discs, and include All Yesterday's Parties.