Meeting Bands

PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Bands

Artemis Entreri
04-12-2010, 06:04 PM
So Gym Class Hereos is (are?) at my school and playing a show tonight. I do radio/sound and all that stuff for my college so I was asked to do the sound for an interview with them. I'd heard of them but I didn't really know who they were so I set up the mics and everything and we started talking, did the interview and then sat around and talked after the interview. Like I said, I didn't really know who they were so it was really casual and laid back. I then went back to my dorm and looked them up and realized I had been talking to some pretty famous guys. They were really chill and nice to talk to.

Any other stories like this with meeting bands?

GoodCharloteSux
04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I hung out with CKY after one of their shows, like the most down to earth, will hangout with their fans band ever. Even let me get on stage, Ginsberg was wasted and let me play his guitar, it was sweet. He then called me Simon Cowell-which I look nothing like- mumbled a whole bunch of words and then played something from his sampler LOL

Artemis Entreri
04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
I hung out with CKY after one of their shows, like the most down to earth, will hangout with their fans band ever. Even let me get on stage, Ginsberg was wasted and let me play his guitar, it was sweet. He then called me Simon Cowell-which I look nothing like- mumbled a whole bunch of words and then played something from his sampler LOL

Hahah that's pretty awesome.

munkymanmatt
04-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Wasn't me.
Went to see metallica last august in Dublin. A7X were playing right before them. They pulled some kid out of the audience and let him sing "walk" by pantera, with the band playing along. Then they sent him backstage to hang out with metallica, mastodon and alice in chains, and them when they finished their set.

Lucky ****er.

rgt42dx
04-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Between the Buried and Me played a pub here and there is absolutely no distance Between the Band and Me. They were right in front of the audience, and there was barely a difference in the ground level. After the show, people just walked up to the band members to talk and take pictures with them. I shook Tommy Rogers' hands and greeted each other. It was a great atmosphere. The performance was extremely killer, too.

neidnarb11890
04-13-2010, 02:29 PM
I met Penny Rimbaud, of Crass fame, at a Japanther show in New Haven. We exchanged a few words about the Subhumans. It was cool, but most of you probably don't care.