Djent Tone

PDA

View Full Version : Djent Tone

Xisuma
04-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Im looking to make a Djent tone (Meshuggah) , does anyone know any if its possible to make it on Guitar Rig 4? or any other VSTs?

alexgepgepgep
04-13-2010, 10:57 AM
I've heard people make pretty good Djent tones in Guitar Rig. A standard Djent tone would be Treble and Bass around 5 and Mids almost maxed out, with a tube screamer and compressor.

uk.mace
04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
I found someone that got a pretty awesome tone from here: http://chimpspanner.com/downloads.htm
It's down atm, but if you check back regularly you might get something decent.

Xisuma
04-14-2010, 03:55 PM
is a 7-string guitar necessary for the djent sound?

Xisuma
04-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I've heard people make pretty good Djent tones in Guitar Rig. A standard Djent tone would be Treble and Bass around 5 and Mids almost maxed out, with a tube screamer and compressor.

could you elaborate a bit more? what sort of distortion/amp should i use?

IbanezKorn
04-15-2010, 09:33 PM
What is Djent? I always thought Meshuggah was Progressive Metal.

Kwonnie
04-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Wow. UG is mad unhelpful.

Xisuma
04-16-2010, 12:28 PM
If your also looking for Djent we must band together! i am making practicly no progress atm tho :/

Xisuma
04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
What is Djent? I always thought Meshuggah was Progressive Metal.

They are progressive, Djent is what there guitar tone sounds like if you say Djent out loud.

Eggmond
04-16-2010, 03:31 PM
half of the sound is in the pick motion. make sure u pick strongly and firmly and if you are palm muting i find it helps to slide your muting palm up and down over the strings as you pick to give it some extra rasp

manyu
05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
dude i spent like a whole ****ing year trying to figure out that djenty tone......follow my steps

1)you need to tune ur guitar atleast to g#.....or just (a) which is more preferable

2)dont feel sad if u own a 6 stringer.......... people will tell you how you need to buy a ****ing 8 stringer or a 7 stringer.....dont listen to those bastards unless your very rich....

3)you need to get ur hands on pod farm or revalver mk-3,they are amazing,no matter what tone you want.

4)if u wish to go through a simpler way,go to www.sevenstring.org and download periphery's patch for pod farm.

5)you need improve on your playing technique,coz djent picking brings most of the sound you wish to have .

best of luck

and yeah check out my band if u like djent bands.....

www.myspace.com/inexileindia

Carl6661
05-24-2010, 06:15 PM
They are progressive, Djent is what there guitar tone sounds like if you say Djent out loud.

DEE-JENT.
DUH-JENT,
DAH-JENT.

Seriously, I'm getting nothing here. I love Meshuggah... but what?! :confused:

Tig Bitties
05-25-2010, 03:25 AM
jesus christ i really cant take this wave that is "djent". It seems like once bulb got bigger now everyone is like "OMGZ ill buy a 8 string, tune to drop g# and play djenttttt."