Djent Tone

PDA

View Full Version : Djent Tone

Xisuma
04-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Im looking to make a Djent tone (Meshuggah) , does anyone know any if its possible to make it on Guitar Rig 4? or any other VSTs?

alexgepgepgep
04-13-2010, 10:57 AM
I've heard people make pretty good Djent tones in Guitar Rig. A standard Djent tone would be Treble and Bass around 5 and Mids almost maxed out, with a tube screamer and compressor.

uk.mace
04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
I found someone that got a pretty awesome tone from here: http://chimpspanner.com/downloads.htm
It's down atm, but if you check back regularly you might get something decent.

Xisuma
04-14-2010, 03:55 PM
is a 7-string guitar necessary for the djent sound?

Xisuma
04-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I've heard people make pretty good Djent tones in Guitar Rig. A standard Djent tone would be Treble and Bass around 5 and Mids almost maxed out, with a tube screamer and compressor.

could you elaborate a bit more? what sort of distortion/amp should i use?

IbanezKorn
04-15-2010, 09:33 PM
What is Djent? I always thought Meshuggah was Progressive Metal.

Kwonnie
04-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Wow. UG is mad unhelpful.

Xisuma
04-16-2010, 12:28 PM
If your also looking for Djent we must band together! i am making practicly no progress atm tho :/

Xisuma
04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
What is Djent? I always thought Meshuggah was Progressive Metal.

They are progressive, Djent is what there guitar tone sounds like if you say Djent out loud.

Eggmond
04-16-2010, 03:31 PM
half of the sound is in the pick motion. make sure u pick strongly and firmly and if you are palm muting i find it helps to slide your muting palm up and down over the strings as you pick to give it some extra rasp

manyu
05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
dude i spent like a whole ****ing year trying to figure out that djenty tone......follow my steps

1)you need to tune ur guitar atleast to g#.....or just (a) which is more preferable

2)dont feel sad if u own a 6 stringer.......... people will tell you how you need to buy a ****ing 8 stringer or a 7 stringer.....dont listen to those bastards unless your very rich....

3)you need to get ur hands on pod farm or revalver mk-3,they are amazing,no matter what tone you want.

4)if u wish to go through a simpler way,go to www.sevenstring.org and download periphery's patch for pod farm.

5)you need improve on your playing technique,coz djent picking brings most of the sound you wish to have .

best of luck

and yeah check out my band if u like djent bands.....

www.myspace.com/inexileindia

Carl6661
05-24-2010, 06:15 PM
They are progressive, Djent is what there guitar tone sounds like if you say Djent out loud.

DEE-JENT.
DUH-JENT,
DAH-JENT.

Seriously, I'm getting nothing here. I love Meshuggah... but what?! :confused:

Tig Bitties
05-25-2010, 03:25 AM
jesus christ i really cant take this wave that is "djent". It seems like once bulb got bigger now everyone is like "OMGZ ill buy a 8 string, tune to drop g# and play djenttttt."

Althazaire
04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
lel. it's pretty funny how many knots people get their panties in over djent, and then proceed to give themselves intense wedgies with said knots. Yea, "djent" blew up, enough people consider it a genre/technique that it's pointless and trivial to argue about it, (as if it couldn't be both. To the counter argument, I say: metal relates to metal and rocks to rock in some fashion?) Arguing about it is no different than any other argument regarding tastes. ****ing stupid, it leaves bad impressions of your character, makes you mad, no objective endgame of any kind can be identified or even reached, as no one will ever be persuaded not to like the music they like, and thus it's entirely pointless. I never got why people can't simply stick to what they like instead of trying to verbally martyr something that they don't, and for some reason have a spiteful attitude towards.

So let's do the rundown. no, you don't need 8 strings. you don't need 7, nor 6 nor 5 nor 4, 3, or 2. all you need is something that has tonal range and a damn imagination. No matter how much you kick and scream about how stupid anything more than 6 strings, or god forbid, a TEN string is, they're still gonna be out there, getting rocked by people who have HUGE imaginations, even greater motor skill and don't let silly shit like biases against INSTRUMENTS of all things obstruct their exploration of something they like. it's crazy that there are so many evangelical metalhead purist twits in the world. shit evolves. or if that word hurts your virgin ears, things change over time. get used to it and life should be happier. :D

Spambot_2
04-24-2014, 07:11 PM
For the sake of good manners I'll just ignore the previous posts :haha:

Set a noise gate with near zero attack and release.
Tune your guitar as low as it goes, it works on 6 strings too but with 8 strings it's easier and it sounds better.
Get an equalizer before the amp simulator and cut the bass.
Seriously, set a 24 or 36 DB x octave at taste between 120 and 200 Hz.
Pick aggressively, get your palm further from the bridge when you palm mute, and play thight stuff.
Either in the amp sim or before the amp sim, boost the mids.
Lower the gain. Come on, lower it.
Then double or quad track your parts.

And to everyone telling you you don't need 8 strings to djent - it's true, but have you ever tried it?
It's so much ****in better.

DisarmGoliath
04-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Why must people insist on bumping threads that have been dead for nearly four years?! :sad:

Spambot_2
04-25-2014, 04:34 AM
Oooow I didn't see that.
Well this kinda explains why the suggestions were that bad :P

DisarmGoliath
04-25-2014, 11:54 AM
You're ok, you weren't the one who bumped it :p: