R.I.P. Malcom Mclaren

PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Malcom Mclaren

SilverRock113
04-15-2010, 08:33 PM
As you may have known by the title, the Sex Pistols manager Malcom Mclaren died. He died due to mesothelioma (cancer that develops in the lining of the body's internal organs). He died on April 8, 2010 at the age of 64.

the_wassel
04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
R.I.A. you tool.

the_wassel
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM
apparently i put EDIT: spam there?

cause i got warned for it...?

he said, R.I.P. for "rest in peace" i said R.I.A. for "rest in anarchy.

Mclaren would've wanted it that way.

Led man32
04-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with mesothelioma? If so call the hurt line...

BrainDamage
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
apparently i put EDIT: spam there?

cause i got warned for it...?

he said, R.I.P. for "rest in peace" i said R.I.A. for "rest in anarchy.

Mclaren would've wanted it that way. "You tool" is generally used in a derogatory sense. You could have clarified.

the_wassel
04-15-2010, 10:16 PM
"You tool" is generally used in a derogatory sense. You could have clarified.

I meant McLaren was a tool with all the media stunts he pulled.

That is all.

BrainDamage
04-15-2010, 10:25 PM
^^Warning still stands :shrug:

the_wassel
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
^^Warning still stands :shrug:

Why dude?

PM me.

BrainDamage
04-15-2010, 10:31 PM
^^Sure, PM sent.

F-Hole
04-16-2010, 06:41 AM
I posted a thread about this in the Punk section last week when the news broke of Mclaren's deah. It somehow turned into a Kurt Vonnegut thread, then a Dostoevsky thread.

In addition to managing the Sex Pistols, Mclaren also managed the New York Dolls. Here's a little Mclaren trivia that links the 2 bands a little more. The Dolls were in England, and Sylvain Sylvain, one of their guitarists, didn't have enough money for a plane ticket back to the States. Mclaren paid for his ticket, but made Sylvain give him his Les Paul for it. Mclaren gave that Les Paul to Steve Jones, who played it on most of 'Never Mind the Bulllocks".

I actually got to jam with Sylvain Sylvain once. Really cool guy, and I'm glad that the Dolls' reunion has been going well for him.

RIP, Mclaren. A really controversial guy, but without him no Sex Pistols.