REO Speedwagon

PDA

View Full Version : REO Speedwagon

Opossum
04-20-2010, 10:42 AM
I grew up on REO and I just thought I should start a thread on them....If there are any fans left out there this is the plase to talk :cool:

My favorite songs By REO are either "In your letter", "That Ain't love", "Good Trouble", or "Stillness of the night" !

dlangmead
04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Take it on the run baby...now thats a tune! I always play that one at the bars and its fun! even us young crowd know it! ahah

crazywatermelon
04-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I love REO
mom hates them though :shrug:

Opossum
04-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Take it on a run is a great Tune ..I play that At the local Farmers market every year..everyone gets movin'..... My mom absolutly Loves REO ..my dad is the one who hates them..

master
04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
I met them once. They gave me skittles. :D

My friend's dad is a heart surgeon who operated on the bass player's (Bruce) dad's heart so they became buddies and we got backstage passes. They showed us around their bus and everything. It was really neat.

Opossum
04-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh well my Mom's band opened up for them And I only met them like 3 years ago... I became Friends With Dave ..but It was awhilwe ago so i don't remember much

jazynchris
04-30-2010, 07:16 PM
I love REO Speedwagon and thier style right until after "Can't Fight This Feeling". When "Here With Me" was playin on the radio and from then on, I kinda feel like they lost thier edge. My favs are "Roll With The Changes", "Ridin The Storm Out", and "Don't Let Him Go". It was years before I knew it was an E-bow at the beginning of "DLHG". Always thought it was feedback.

mike36144
05-11-2010, 08:16 AM
their first album was their best with terry lutrell on vocals and gary richrath on lead, those old videos on Youtube of them playing Riverside Avenue on Tv are classic

Larry Masterson
05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Just yesterday i bought a used truck with an old cassette player, but no CD. So I busted out all of my old cassettes, yes I still have 100 or so. In goes REO's decade of rock n roll recorded from the original LP. Sound was ok, still there, but the music is sick! Golden Country, 157 Rivreside Ave., ...