Vinyl Thread!!

PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Thread!!

askingforit176
04-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Figured I'd start a thread discussing vinyl collections. I just started not to long ago so this is all I have:
Alkaline Trio - This Addiction 7 inch limited pressing
Alkaline Trio - Crimson
Alkaline Trio - goddamnit 10 year anniversary set
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotten Vegi's first pressing(or so I've been told)
AFI - Black Sails in the Sunset (color limited to 300)
Anti-Flag Split
Rancid- Radio 7 inch
Misfits - Static Age
Black Flag- Damaged
Minor Threat - Discog.
And a bunch of not punk ones

neidnarb11890
04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Against Me! - The Disco Before the Breakdown
Billy Raygun - Seasick
Crass - Yes Sir, I Will
Crass - Christ The Album
The Damned - The Black Album
Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust, Inc.
Epoxies - Epoxies
The Ergs! - Dork Rock Cork Rod
The Ergs! - Blue 7"
Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker
Gang of Four - Entertainment!
J Church - Nostalgic for Nothing
Minutemen - The Punch Line
Neu! - Neu!
The Psychedelic Furs - Talk Talk Talk
Jay Reatard - The Singles 06-07
R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction of the Fables of the Reconstruction
The Smiths - Rank
Subhumans - The Day The Country Died
Subhumans - Internal Riot
This Bike is a Pipe Bomb - Front Seat Solidarity
This Bike is a Pipe Bomb - Three Way Tie for a Fifth
Wire - Pink Flag

Plus some cool stuff from my pa.

That's off the top of my head. I'll revise it once I'm back in my bedroom.

lavazza
04-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Crass - Yes Sir, I will!
Lou Reed - Best of
The Partisans - Police Story
Common Rider - Last Wave Rockers
The Damned - some 7 inch
The Clash - Sandinista
13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sound of the 13th Floor Elevators
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child
Joe Strummer - Island Hopping

that´s the punk stuff I think......I rather get CDs they don´t have such a charme, but are more practical

neidnarb11890
04-21-2010, 01:00 PM
I always thought it'd be cool to have Sandinista! on vinyl just so I could say I own a triple album. :cool:
But I only ever see Combat Rock vinyls. It's just as well, Sandinista! would probably cost an arm & a leg anyway.

whyvern
04-21-2010, 01:09 PM
I saw a copy of it pretty cheap in Southern Germany... but I couldn't carry it home so I didn't get it.

askingforit176
04-21-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm trying to hunt down a misfits Halloween EP without much luck. EBay gets too high on some vinyls.

soph_bassist!
04-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Currently, i've only got:

Angelic Upstarts -Never 'ad Nothing
Bad Manners -Just a Feeling
Vanilla Pod -Rebound
The Partisans -Police Story
The Flatliners -Cynics
The Vapors -Jimmy Jones
The Piglets -Johnny Reggae
Babes in Toyland -Fontanelle
Lunachicks -Babysitters on Acid
Babes in Toyland -Machine
Babes in Toyland -To Mother

I've currently got The Meteors -Wreckin' Crew and Oi!Oi! That's Yer Lot/Oi! 4 in my pile that are my dads, but they've been there for a while so i'm just going to presume that he doesn't want them back...:D
His collection his huge, so I don't think he'll miss two!

lavazza
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I got Sandinista from my father, but I think the used versions are usually affordable.
But though vinyls are cheaper in their production, they tend to be more expensive than CDs

SuperBlob
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Processing Complaints - House Boat

...yeah that's it

It's not come yet though, on account of not being out >_>

Also I have nothing to play it with :sad:

BrianApocalypse
04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I have a few records.

Notably, I have Dee Dee Ramone's Hop Around, and a (used) original pressing of Leave Home with Carbona Not Glue.

I also have the Rhino re-issue red vinyl of Leave Home, which I have listened to.

RockThe40oz
04-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I wasn't going to do this, but I realized I should keep a catalog of all my records anyways, so once I typed it up, I just copied it here.

7" Records
A//political / Counterpoise – Autonomous Action Split
ADD/C – Landlord
Cravats – Rub Me Out
Subhumans – Demolition War
Subhumans – Evolution
Subhumans – Reason for Existence
Subhumans – Religious Wars
Thatcher on Acid – Chagrin
Thatcher on Acid – Yo-Yo Man
The Strap-ons / Stations – Untitled Split
Tommy and the Terrors / Whiskey Rebels – Hella-wicked Split
Toxic Narcotic / A Global Threat – The Split 7”
Toxic Narcotic / The Unseen – Boston's Finest Split
Witch Hunt – To What End

Full-length LP's
Anti-product – The Deafening Silence of Grinding Gears
Caustic Christ – Lycanthropy
CRASS – Best Before...
Exploited – On Stage
Flux of Pink Indians – Live Statement
Kylesa – Time Will Fuse Its Worth
Parasytic – Hymn
Poison Girls – Songs of Praise
Reagan Youth – Youth Anthems for the New Order
Restarts – Outsider
Subhumans – 29:29 Split Vision
Subhumans – Day the Country Died
Subhumans – EP-LP
Subhumans – From the Cradle to the Grave
Subhumans – Internal Riot
Subhumans – Live in a Dive
Subhumans – Rats
Subhumans – Worlds Apart
Suckerpunch – Untitled
Thatcher on Acid – Pressing: 87-91
Verbal Abuse – Just an American Band

askingforit176
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
I have a few records.

Notably, I have Dee Dee Ramone's Hop Around, and a (used) original pressing of Leave Home with Carbona Not Glue.

I also have the Rhino re-issue red vinyl of Leave Home, which I have listened to.
i am envious

badgerific
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
7"s
Bomb the music industry/Mustard plug - UTI split
Teenage bottle rocket/The ergs! - UTI split
Brickfight/Shang-a-lang - Split
Adam and the ants - Stand and deliver
Adam and the ants - Ant music
Adam and the ants - Kings of the wild frontier
John lennon - Woman
John lennon - Working class hero
The specials - Too much too young
Bad manners - That'll do nicely
Against me! - Acoustic EP
Against me! - Cavalier eternal
Aus rotten - **** nazi sympathy
Public access - Hindsight
The offspring - gotta get away
10"s
The Steinways - Missed the boat
12"s
Subhumans - Time flys...
Subhumans - Worlds apart
The Damned - Damned damned damned
Blondie - Parallel lines
Insect warfare - World domination
Insect warfare - Blastcore EP thing
Screeching weasel - My brain hurts
Gogol bordello - Super taranta
Andrew jackson jihad - can't maintain
Lemuria - First collection
Capdown - Civil disobedients
Bomb the music industry - Get warmer
SNFU - If you swear you'll catch no fish
SNFU - One voted most likely to succeed
The queers - Beat off
The queers - Move back home
The queers - Pleasant screams
Nofx - Punk in drublic
Bad religion - The grey race
The specials - self titled

That's some of them off the top of my head, I'll have to make a full list when I get back home. I'm up to trade some stuff with anyone in the UK if theres anything you want.

_wow_
04-21-2010, 10:29 PM
i have the let them eat jellybeans! compilation which is pretty sick, along with this is boston, not l.a. and jerry's kids is this my world? which my dad ended up finding for me at a yardsale for 25 cents.... haha

askingforit176
04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Oh I also have bad religion- stranger than fiction on clear red

acid hydrolysis
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
i jerry's kids is this my world? which my dad ended up finding for me at a yardsale for 25 cents.... haha

....I HATE YOU.

skatinpunk
04-22-2010, 06:25 PM
minor threat-first two 7"s
minor threat-out of step
outbreak-work to death
anti-flag-the people or the gun
a poor excuse ep
usa waste and cryptics split
nofx-surfer
mc5-kick out the jams single

DanRev
04-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I've only got a few punk/ska records, most of which inherited from my dad, and most of them pretty poor tbh. Got some decent post punk 7" though.

I've also got a pretty rare (apparently) exploited 12" live album, I'd be scared of damaging it if it wasn't so shit I never play it.

Most of my vinyl is hip hop and 80/90s alternative LPs and dubstep/bass music singles. Havent been able to afford anything new in ages though

acid hydrolysis
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
yeah, if anyone's selling my war.. pm me.

drugfreeboy
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
7inch:
A Global Threat - in the red
A Global Threat - who's to blame(split w/the end)
Anal Warhead - s/t
Apathetic Choice - fashion designers from the gutter
Besthoven split w/ Suburban Showdown
Black SS - s/t
Black SS split w/ Raining Bricks
Black SS split w/ How We Are
Blitz - Warriors
Broken Bones - No One Survives
The Casualties - Who's In Control
Caustic Christ - s/t
Caustic Christ - Government Job
Code 13 - Doomed Society
Code 13 - s/t
Coke Bust - Demo '07
Coke Bust - **** Bar Culture
Contrast Attitude - Sick Brain Extreme Addict
The Control - s/t
Destrux - Enter The Trash Kick
Deathbag - s/t
Discharge - s/t
Discharge - Fight Back
Discharge - Decontrol
Discharge - Never Again
Discharge - State Violenve/State Control
Discharge - The Price of Silence
First Offence - Stranded In The Combat Zone
Disclose/Framtid split - Chainsaw Split Vol.4
Framtid/Seeinred split
Germ Attack - Zapatista
Germ Attack - A Bleak Future
Germ Attack - Death To Cops
Gorilla Buiscuits - s/t
Grave Mistake/Anti-Anti split
Hellkontrol - Soul Robbers and Nightmare ****ers
Hit The Lights - s/t
KultureKampf - Too Cold To Smell The Dead
Misfits - Beware
Misfits - Evil Is As Evil Does
No ****er/Disclose split
No ****er/Disclose Noise Not Music split
No ****er - To Whom Tommorow Belongs
No ****er - Conqure The Innocent
Toxic Narcotic/The Unseen Bostons Finest split
Toxic Narcotic - Shoot People Not Dope
Toxic Narcotic - Had It Coming
Toxic Narcotic/A Global Threat split
Toxic Narcotic w/ Benny Upton on Bagpipes
The Virus - Global Crisis e.p.
The Virus - Benefits Of War
The Virus - Picture Disc limited of 1000

won't go into the 12inches, not many punk, mostly hard rock, metal, and thrash...and bruce springsteen

askingforit176
04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I don't recall I misfits release called evil is as evil does

drugfreeboy
04-23-2010, 07:58 AM
bootleg prolly and its live. danzig changes the lyrics to teenagers from mars and says "bobby steeles a asshole and a ****ing ****." and so on and so forth for the last verse. if you don't believe me i'll take a pic and post it.

askingforit176
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
No I wasn't calling you out or anything. I looked it up and its a bootleg. Cool title tho

axeslash
04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Vinyl is the stupidest thing to collect.

lolmnt
04-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Vinyl is the stupidest thing to collect.Stupider than stamps? Or toy trains? Or baseball cards?

werty22
04-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Stupider than beanie babies.

askingforit176
04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm one of the ones who favor vinyl sound quality to the over compressed MP3 sound. So I enjoy getting the records I like in vinyl, thank you

werty22
04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm one of the ones who favor vinyl sound quality to the over compressed MP3 sound.
LOL

iwannabesedated
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Let's see, my vinyls...

um....

...Synchronicity II! Sweet, I didn't even know I had that.

That's about it.

iwannabesedated
04-23-2010, 07:57 PM
I find that the difference in sound from vinyls to CDs, to Mp3s is so undetectably low, that it makes absolutely no difference 99.99% of the time.

DanRev
04-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Over a decent hi fi I definately notice the difference.

askingforit176
04-23-2010, 10:09 PM
I've compared my 70's doors vinyl's 5 to 1 (song) to the iTunes AAC(I believe that's what they use) and played them through the same stereo system and there was a completely noticeable difference in the bass, and depth of the sound. I've even noticed it on bad religions stranger then fiction, and Billy Joel's the stranger. I don't notice it on every record, and not a whole lot post mid eighties or on lower budget records. Agree or don't, maybe I'm crazy. :)

RockThe40oz
04-24-2010, 01:30 AM
I just like vinyl because I engage myself more in the music when I know that I'm going to have to get up off my ass and flip it over in 15 minutes.

rasveer
04-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Los Difuntos - Born and Raised in East LA
Koffin Kats - Drunk in the daylight
Leftover Crack - **** World Trade

i just started collecting and i have alot more original pressings that i found in my uncles house from stuff my grandpa used to sell in his store in fiji.
my prized material though is an original pressing of Gun's and Roses' Appetite for Destruction.

badgerific
04-24-2010, 05:06 AM
I just like vinyl because I engage myself more in the music when I know that I'm going to have to get up off my ass and flip it over in 15 minutes.

Same here. The larger cover art is also a reason I prefer vinyls.

lavazza
04-24-2010, 07:35 AM

I don´t get that reason. You pay more attention or you feel more as a part of music when you have to get up every 15 minutes? I don´t get it.

I've compared my 70's doors vinyl's 5 to 1 (song) to the iTunes AAC(I believe that's what they use) and played them through the same stereo system and there was a completely noticeable difference in the bass, and depth of the sound. I've even noticed it on bad religions stranger then fiction, and Billy Joel's the stranger. I don't notice it on every record, and not a whole lot post mid eighties or on lower budget records. Agree or don't, maybe I'm crazy. :)

When you take The Doors you´ll see the difference, as on CDs there is an absence of bassdrum, as John Densmore drumming wasn´t that much based on the bassdrum as far as I know. And on vinyls there are low frequencies you don´t have on CDs or MP3s I think, therefore you have more bassdrum on Doors vinyls than on CDs. At least we made that experience once.

It might depend on the band wether you hear a difference or not.

drugfreeboy
04-24-2010, 08:05 AM
i also have a bootleg misfits on 12in i turned into a martian. another live vinyl. i have black sabbath's sabotage coming in the mail soon. super stoked on that.

HonestIain
04-24-2010, 08:56 AM
The reason I've bought vinyl and continue to buy vinyl is because I want to actually own a tangible copy of the music I like, and a lot of the music I like was only released onto vinyl.

I have a pretty decent amount of vinyl.
I'll post it when I'm back in my dorm. I'm interested in actually looking at a list of what I have instead of just flipping through it. I will say that my prouder ones is the four or five records that make up Jenny Piccolo's discography. I have all of The Locust's 7"s except for their Melt Banana split (This includes the 4 puzzle piece set, the 10" with Man is the Bastard, and 5" split with Jenny Piccolo). Brand New's Deja Entendu on 2xLP, Asterisk/Nasum split, and both Camera Obscure (of the San Diego Three One G variety) 7"s. Those are my favorites anyway.

askingforit176
04-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I don´t get that reason. You pay more attention or you feel more as a part of music when you have to get up every 15 minutes? I don´t get it.

When you take The Doors you´ll see the difference, as on CDs there is an absence of bassdrum, as John Densmore drumming wasn´t that much based on the bassdrum as far as I know. And on vinyls there are low frequencies you don´t have on CDs or MP3s I think, therefore you have more bassdrum on Doors vinyls than on CDs. At least we made that experience once.

It might depend on the band wether you hear a difference or not.

Okay So I'm not the only one

HonestIain
04-24-2010, 09:59 AM

I get what he's saying. When you listen to a record you can't zone out with the music on while you're doing something else. Eventually you're going to have to get up and flip the record and that makes you pay A LOT more attention to the music.

The thing I like about records is that you can actually see the dynamics of the songs. The way the grooves look on a song or section that's softer is different than the way the grooves look when it's louder, and that's really cool for me, you can't do that with a CD.

The bigger covers and inserts are nice.

The fact that people love their records so much is because you have to take care of them. Unless it's a low-run, out-of print, rare, or hand numbered-CD (which makes up a small percentage of CDs that people own, I mean honestly, how many people own CDs that actually mean something to them? I know I don't) people don't have to take care of their CDs because you can just burn another copy off of your computer. But you actually have to take care of your records. Almost all of my records are out-of-print and were done as runs of a few hundred to maybe a few thousand. If I hurt, break, or scratch a particular record there's a good chance that I won't be able to find a copy to replace it, or at least without having to pay an arm and a leg to get one.

There are a lot of reasons to collect vinyl. I understand at the moment it looks like it's 'trendy' or something, but I really like the resurgence in vinyl and vinyl collecting. I honestly haven't bought a CD that wasn't a local band's demo or something in the past two or three years. If I'm going to pay for music, I'm going to pay for a record.

RockThe40oz
04-26-2010, 07:12 AM
I get what he's saying. When you listen to a record you can't zone out with the music on while you're doing something else. Eventually you're going to have to get up and flip the record and that makes you pay A LOT more attention to the music.
Yeah, that's more or less the sentiment. If I'm not going to focus on the music, I'm not going to bother with having to interact with it on a frequent basis. I'm going to just put my music on a playlist and hit shuffle.

werty22
04-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Eh, it's just as easy for me to just play the songs in order on my computer. It's not hard to refrain from shuffling.

I do see the appeal of vinyl vs. CDs, but FREE STOLEN MP3S are hard to compete with.
I don't doubt there's a difference between the sound of vinyls and MP3s. But it seemed to me that you were confusing data compression with dynamic compression (neither has a whole lot to do with the bass, btw) since you compared them to MP3s instead of CDs.

It's likely that '70s records do sound less compressed, but it's not because of the format. It's because of the changes in the mastering process over the past 40 years.

askingforit176
04-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Ahhh my B :)

axeslash
04-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Why on Earth would the fragility of vinyl appeal to you if it? I'm not even sure that qualifies as materialism. I think that qualifies as some kind of crazy not yet documented in medical texts.

HonestIain
04-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Why on Earth would the fragility of vinyl appeal to you if it? I'm not even sure that qualifies as materialism. I think that qualifies as some kind of crazy not yet documented in medical texts.

I feel like if that were true there would be no museums.

P.S. Notes From Underground is my favorite book. Props for that.

askingforit176
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
CDS are just about as equally As fragile.

neidnarb11890
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I won't try to rationalize the fact that I buy records. I don't owe anyone any explanations. So there.

werty22
04-27-2010, 02:48 PM
I won't try to rationalize the fact that I buy records. I don't owe anyone any explanations. So there.
You are a reasonable person.

charliezard!
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I like vinyl because no matter what format I buy music in, i won't listen to it. I just put it onto my computer and put it on the shelf. And vinyl is nicer to have on a shelf.

edit: I have

7"
The Copyrights/Dopamines - Songs About ****ing Up
Rational Anthem/Apocalypse Meow split
Rational Anthem/The Straight A's - Use Your Delusion Split
The Ergs/Teenage BottleRocket - Under the Influence Split
Psyched to Die - Sterile Walls
Night Birds - s/t

12"
Jawbreaker - Unfun Remaster
This Bike is a Pipe Bomb - Front Seat Solidarity
The Ergs - Upstairs/Downstairs
Defiance, Ohio - The Great Depression
Delay - Don't Laugh

oh yeah, and I'll have House Boat's Processing Complaints 7" when it ships/

axeslash
04-27-2010, 04:17 PM
I feel like if that were true there would be no museums.

P.S. Notes From Underground is my favorite book. Props for that.The museum analogy is stupid as fuck.

Vinyl isn't important, it is just a physical medium to store music. Things in museums tend to have cultural/historical significance and just so happen to be fragile.

I suspect you are only saying you like Notes From Underground because it makes you look cool. Your intelligence level so far is giving my argument a lot of credibility.

HonestIain
04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
CDS are just about as equally As fragile.

But they're basically disposable. You can put it on your computer and then rip another one once it's too scratched to play. When I buy records I usually buy things that didn't have a very high number of pressings, so if I hurt one it'll take me a while to find a new one and cost me more than the first one did.

Vinyl isn't important, it is just a physical medium to store music. Things in museums tend to have cultural/historical significance and just so happen to be fragile.

That's not what I'm saying though. I'm not saying that records are culturally signifigant. All I was saying was much like museums, the fact that you have to take care of things makes it mean so much more. When you go to a museum or watch some special on Tv about artifacts, they always make a point to let you know all the stuff they have to do to keep it from disintigrating, and in a way that makes the item mean more to them and to you.
The same thing with vinyl records, just the fact that I have to treat them nicer than I do CDs or cassette tapes makes me appreciate them so much more.

I suspect you are only saying you like Notes From Underground because it makes you look cool. Your intelligence level so far is giving my argument a lot of credibility.

It makes me look cool? How would I know where that quote was from, or how would I know that saying I've read Dostoyevsky was cool if I hadn't read it?

JDizzle787
04-27-2010, 08:58 PM
I will post my collection once I have the time to do so... I've actually gotten a lot of cool stuff lately. Perhaps not as much as some of you other guys and gals, but neat nonetheless.

Oh, and vinyl just has a cool appeal about it. Hell, I'd take anything that can come in cool transparent colors over any other format any day. I'm simple :) Then again, I hardly have time to listen to them :(.... Anyone got info an a record player for your car? ;)

CrashLove
04-27-2010, 09:03 PM
I've seen so many I want, but it's too expensive for something I have on CD or MP3 already. I have

AFI - 336
AFI - Miss Murder ltd ed
AFI - Decemberunderground special ed
My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade special ed

rasveer
04-27-2010, 10:28 PM
a friend of mine was feeling very sad the other day so to cheer em up i thought it would be nice to give them an original pressing of Nevermind The Bollocks here are the sex pistols. they were very happy

nashawa
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Anyone got info an a record player for your car? ;)
Those actually exist. I know 3 or 4 people who have them.

HonestIain
04-27-2010, 11:59 PM
5"
Jenny Piccolo/The Locust split

7"
Asterisk/Nasum split
Beegees- Wind of Change/Jive Talkin' single
Beegees- Stayin' Alive/If I Can't Have you single
Black Cat #13- I Blast Off!
Camera Obscura- To Paint the Kettle Black single
Camera Obscure- We Talked Midi single
Empire! Empire! (I was a Lonely Estate)/Football Etc. split
Ghost Mice/Brook/Pridemore split
Heroin- S/T
Hella- Fallen Dynasty
Holy Molar- Live at the San Diego Metropolitan Correctional Center
Jenny Piccolo- Lowest Common Denominator
Jenny Piccolo/sul9b split
La Dispute- Untitled
The Locust- S/T
The Locust/Arab on Radar split
The Locust- Flight of the Wounded Locust puzzle piece box set
Milton Melvin Croissant III- S/T
Number Twelve Looks LIke You remixes <- The worst thing I own

10"
Asterisk/Jenny Piccolo split
The Locust/Man is the Bastard split
Swing Kids/Spanakorzo split

12"
All Leather- Hung Like a Horse
Brand New- Daisy
Brand New- Deja Entendu
Brand New- The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me
Beach Boys- Endless Summer
Cheryl Lynn- Got to Be Real single
Cursive- Happy Hollow
Cursive- The Ugly Organ
Duke Ellington- 1943-1946
Dynamite With a Laserbeam- Queen as Heard Through the Meatgrinder of Three One G
Empire! Empire! (I was a Lonely Estate)- What it Takes to Move Forward
Flatfoot 56- Knuckles Up
Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Hollows- S/T
Insted- What We Believe <- I found this at a flea market and it came with the band's press kit
Jazz Warriors- Out of Many, One People
Jefferson Starship- Winds of Change
Jenny Piccolo- Information Battle to Denounce the Genocide
Jonah Jones Quartet- Jumpin' With Jonah
Judy Miller- House of the Rising Sun
La Dispute- Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair
La Dispute- Vancouver
The Locust- Safety Second, Body Last
Marvin Gaye- Here, My Dear
Mos Def- The Ecstatic
Moving Units- Dangerous Dreams
Moving Units- S/T EP
Neon Blonde- Chandeliers in the Savannah
Past Lives- Strange Symmetry
The Police- Outlandos d'Amour
The Roots- Home Grown! The Beginners Guide to Understanding The Roots Volume One
The Roots- Home Grown! The Beginners Guide to Understanding The Roots Volume Two
Robert Plant- Pictures at Eleven
Ry Cooder- Jazz
The Shins- Oh, Inverted World
Sleep Bellum Sonno- Judge Us by How we Lived out Lives not by How we Made our Living
Talking Heads- More Songs About Buildings and Food
Ten Years After- A Space in Time
Thursday/Envy split
Top Gun- Soundtrack
Van Halen- Diver Down
Yndi Halda- Enjoy Eternal Bliss

I have more that are flea market purchases that don't count. Things that I bought because they had a funny cover or name, that I don't listen to, I just have. Like the gospel classic "He Touched Me"

Cory Smash
04-28-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm just starting a collection.

Spidey Sessions 7" - Redemption 87
The Shit Split 12" - Blatz/Filth
Live the Chaos 7" - Filth

askingforit176
04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
anyone know where i can get some Cradle of Filth that dont cost a million dollars? i know there not punk but im having a bitch of a time finding them

drugfreeboy
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
the internets? i think they have some at a local record store here. what are you lookin for by them?

badgerific
04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
anyone know where i can get some Cradle of Filth that dont cost a million dollars? i know there not punk but im having a bitch of a time finding them

Interpunk possibly, I just browsed across some cradle of filth t shirts so they might have some of their records.

Edit:To the people with the unfun remaster, whats it like compared to the original? Worth it?

Edit 2: Just ordered Mischief brew/WDU/Endless Mike and the Beagle Club/Guitar bomb, Max Levine Ensemble/spirit animal and Ghost Mice/Brook Pridemore splits, tasty beans.

charliezard!
04-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Edit:To the people with the unfun remaster, whats it like compared to the original? Worth it?

I think it's worth it. I didn't much care for the sound on the original. This sounds a lot more full.

axeslash
04-29-2010, 11:54 AM
That's not what I'm saying though. I'm not saying that records are culturally signifigant. All I was saying was much like museums, the fact that you have to take care of things makes it mean so much more. When you go to a museum or watch some special on Tv about artifacts, they always make a point to let you know all the stuff they have to do to keep it from disintigrating, and in a way that makes the item mean more to them and to you.
The same thing with vinyl records, just the fact that I have to treat them nicer than I do CDs or cassette tapes makes me appreciate them so much more.

It makes me look cool? How would I know where that quote was from, or how would I know that saying I've read Dostoyevsky was cool if I hadn't read it?On the first topic:

You are stupider than I thought. They make a point to let you know how hard it is to keep something intact because it is old and important. I won't argue further because you are clearly stupid and logic fails to affect you.

And as for the second statement you made what I wrote in my sig is the first lines of that story so it's not like it would be difficult for someone to recognize it. At all. Anyone who spent literally 30 seconds reading that book would know it. Not to mention you've proven that you do not hold the intellect necessary to understand the book so that kind of helps my case a bit more.

neidnarb11890
04-29-2010, 02:17 PM
One who reads Notes From Underground would understand why people do silly things like collect vinyls. Regardless of what they know about the advantages of modern mediums of music storage and their ability to serve the listener's best and highest interests, they will still, by their own volition, revert to inconvenient and archaic mediums, just as the Underground Man reverted to being a shitheaded scoundrel even though he was well aware that it would only bring him pain.

I'll go on buying vinyls, though the Zverkovs of the world laugh and think me a fool!

SuperBlob
04-29-2010, 02:21 PM
I have a valid reason for people to collect vinyl

They can be used to attack zombies

Not very well though

...ok, I don't have a valid reason :sad:

askingforit176
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
the internets? i think they have some at a local record store here. what are you lookin for by them?
Dusk and Her Embrace mostly

HonestIain
04-29-2010, 06:49 PM
On the first topic:

You are stupider than I thought. They make a point to let you know how hard it is to keep something intact because it is old and important. I won't argue further because you are clearly stupid and logic fails to affect you.

And as for the second statement you made what I wrote in my sig is the first lines of that story so it's not like it would be difficult for someone to recognize it. At all. Anyone who spent literally 30 seconds reading that book would know it. Not to mention you've proven that you do not hold the intellect necessary to understand the book so that kind of helps my case a bit more.

Even if you think my reasonings are stupid. I'm still going to buy and collect vinyl because it's meaningful to me and you are a nobody to me. I don't understand why you're so hostile to me.
You've not really said anything other than "you're stupid, and obviously not intelligent enough to debate me", no matter what I've said.
I'm just going to agree to disagree with you on this. It's not going to go anywhere, this is the internet. Debates aren't going to change anyone's opinion.

By the way, you don't know anything about my intelligence. So keep those comments to yourself.

drugfreeboy
04-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Dusk and Her Embrace mostly
older i'm guessing. well when i make my down in a couple days i'll see what they have for sure.

askingforit176
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
I found a "new" one on eBay for currently like 12(American) which is much better then the 30-40 I've seen elsewhere. I'm trying to find a way to afford my hobbies and my EMT schooling :/
But if you see one down there Lemme know! Thanks by the way

RockThe40oz
04-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Super long list of garbage

Cool story, bro. Got any punk records?

nashawa
04-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Really dude? Talking Heads are garbage?

Mr Pringle
04-30-2010, 10:31 PM
I picked up a promo edition of ska-dance craze, it's a compilation of two-tone ska bands from the 80's and i'm going to order some Bomb the music industry vinyls soon, but other than that my collection is barely a collection.

HonestIain
04-30-2010, 11:25 PM

A good chunk of my records are from Three One G, which I'd say is punk label.

badgerific
05-01-2010, 09:05 AM
I think it's worth it. I didn't much care for the sound on the original. This sounds a lot more full.

Cool, I think I'll pick it up sometime. It has the most badass artwork ever so it'll be worth it.

axeslash
05-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Even if you think my reasonings are stupid. I'm still going to buy and collect vinyl because it's meaningful to me and you are a nobody to me. I don't understand why you're so hostile to me.
You've not really said anything other than "you're stupid, and obviously not intelligent enough to debate me", no matter what I've said.
I'm just going to agree to disagree with you on this. It's not going to go anywhere, this is the internet. Debates aren't going to change anyone's opinion.

By the way, you don't know anything about my intelligence. So keep those comments to yourself.You're dumb, and you're not helping your case.

rage24684
05-02-2010, 11:28 PM
i just got my first vinyl like two weeks ago. op ivy live at gilman street ep, second pressing, limited to 500

DempseyPunk
05-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I still love my 200 print adicts sound of music with album art vinyl <3

And I just picked up a germs live album on pink vinyl at a garage sale, along with an old school lookin gas lamp on saturday morning

askingforit176
05-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Gas lamps are so sick haha, kerosine?

skatinpunk
05-03-2010, 02:04 PM
i just got my first vinyl like two weeks ago. op ivy live at gilman street ep, second pressing, limited to 500
i want. thats sick.

JDizzle787
06-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Those actually exist. I know 3 or 4 people who have them.

Heh, I'll look that up... Must be really expensive though.

I don't know if the whole usefulness of vinyl is still being argued, but if I'm going to just listen to music, at home and try to get the most of my experience from it, I'm going to play a record. Maybe it's the mindset that comes with it and the culture of it.

nashawa
06-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Heh, I'll look that up... Must be really expensive though.

It can be. Apparently the anti-shock system has to be installed perfectly or else it's a pointless endeavour.

JohnnyBlunders
06-13-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a couple of punk albums but a large record collection as whole.

I have 2 Velvet Underground records,
A Dead Boys Reissue,
Talking Heads: 77 1st EDITION
and The Adolescents...no sleeve so i have no clue (blue vinyl)

cky22191
06-15-2010, 01:33 AM
This should be less annoying then listing it all here
http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=2771

pnkrockfishermn
06-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Does anybody know of some websites that sell good vinyl records?

axeslash
06-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Does anybody know of some websites that sell good vinyl records?This is how I know the hipster movement has gotten out of control. This question right here.

So we've made advances in electronics and computer science to the point where you can instantly connect to people and sites all over the world in less than a second. You can hold 10's of thousands of songs in something that can fit in your pocket and you hipsters wanna buy vinyl.

Someone kill me, I hate it here.

nashawa
06-15-2010, 02:27 AM
I don't have a very big vinyl collection, mostly because they're retardedly expensive (approx. $30 each) up here, but I've been buying really cheap ones at shows lately ($8 to $10), so that's decent.

BobStinsonRules
06-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Does anybody know of some websites that sell good vinyl records?

If you want punk you can always buy from interpunk.com

but i prefer buying them from actual stores...cuz half of the fun is finding the record you want......... :shrug: i'm weird

werty22
06-15-2010, 03:27 AM
This is how I know the hipster movement has gotten out of control. This question right here.

So we've made advances in electronics and computer science to the point where you can instantly connect to people and sites all over the world in less than a second. You can hold 10's of thousands of songs in something that can fit in your pocket and you hipsters wanna buy vinyl.

But donchaknow, that just isn't the same. There's something special about feeling the record in your hands. Yur more connected with the music. It's more substantial. CDs and mp3s and such are too convenient.

axeslash
06-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Give me convenience or give me death.

pnkrockfishermn
06-15-2010, 08:40 PM
This is how I know the hipster movement has gotten out of control. This question right here.

You mad?

But donchaknow, that just isn't the same. There's something special about feeling the record in your hands. Yur more connected with the music. It's more substantial. CDs and mp3s and such are too convenient.

And this is exactly why i am collecting vinyl now.

RockThe40oz
06-15-2010, 10:15 PM
^Either you didn't catch his sarcasm, or you failed at reverse-trolling.

rasveer
06-15-2010, 10:42 PM
If you want punk you can always buy from interpunk.com

but i prefer buying them from actual stores...cuz half of the fun is finding the record you want......... :shrug: i'm weird

i have to agree. actually going out to the stores to find records are fun. im still trying to find a Dead Kennedys album with the Geiger poster still >_>

Thought_Vomit
06-15-2010, 11:51 PM
I actually kind of have a thing about records. I like to collect them even if I don't know (or haven't heard of) the band. I like them because they're more affordable and you can usually find some pretty awesome vinyls if you look hard enough. I get mostly LPs, but plan on expanding my collection.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/FlyingTIGER_510/82366694.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/FlyingTIGER_510/0d037a54.jpg

So far:
Whiskey Rebels & Tommy Terrors split.
Monster Squad Lp
Toxic Narcotic/The accused/ Municipal Waste/Voetsek Comp
Speeder Garben Lp
Ana Barata Lp
APPLE Lp
Detestation - The agony of Living
Contravene - Prison Cells
Subhumans - Religious Wars
Rudimentary Peni - Outer Himalayan
I have a few more but don't feel like looking for them. These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

nashawa
06-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Jeeze...

axeslash
06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
How can I let people know I'm a girl on an internet forum?

Oh yeah, take pictures of stuff when it is unnecessary so I can let my gender known to the lonely men of the internet!

Classic attention whore move.

DanRev
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
:haha

BobStinsonRules
06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
i have to agree. actually going out to the stores to find records are fun. im still trying to find a Dead Kennedys album with the Geiger poster still >_>

you mean the one with the dicks? Really?
I've got it on vinyl and id say its their best.....so....good luck finding it! :)

Thought_Vomit
06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
How can I let people know I'm a girl on an internet forum?

Oh yeah, take pictures of stuff when it is unnecessary so I can let my gender known to the lonely men of the internet!

Classic attention whore move.
I'm guessing you're one of the lonely men on the internet?
Bahah you caught me. Posted just for you. I'm the attention whore of the year!

axeslash
06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm guessing you're one of the lonely men on the internet?
Bahah you caught me. Posted just for you. I'm the attention whore of the year!Jokes on you I'm one emotionally secure motherfucker.

Thought_Vomit
06-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Jokes on you I'm one emotionally secure motherfucker.

We all have our character flaws, but there's some people that are sadly still in denial.

Mack56
06-17-2010, 09:30 PM
this gayass thread is still going on?

axeslash
06-19-2010, 07:44 PM
We all have our character flaws, but there's some people that are sadly still in denial.You're going to have to try a tad bit harder if you want to make subtle attacks on my character. Not to say that I expected much more, but I think you could do a little better.

Mack56
06-19-2010, 09:36 PM
I actually kind of have a thing about records. I like to collect them even if I don't know (or haven't heard of) the band. I like them because they're more affordable and you can usually find some pretty awesome vinyls if you look hard enough. I get mostly LPs, but plan on expanding my collection.

so basically, you have a record collection...just to have a record collection?

bucketned
06-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I just got Year of the Pig by ****ed Up on vinyl. phuggin phenomenal!

axeslash
06-20-2010, 01:14 AM
so basically, you have a record collection...just to have a record collection?Ah, American consumerism justified in the anti-consumerist subculture of punk.

It's a beautiful piece of hypocrisy. And reason #48330 that I can't stand punks.

jakesmellspoo
06-21-2010, 03:42 PM
how many reasons do you have exactly?

i just got an ergs/ grabass charlstons split for a few bucks, best record i bought recently. i got a bullet treatment 7" recently too, but that was a bit of a disappointment since it's just one song recorded 6 times with different vocals

Thought_Vomit
06-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Ah, American consumerism justified in the anti-consumerist subculture of punk.

It's a beautiful piece of hypocrisy. And reason #48330 that I can't stand punks.
It's a hilarious fact that you post in this forum all the time and yet dress ''punk'' with your wee punk jacket and your wee 'punk' patches such as THE ADICTS which is in fact considered a punk band to most people that listen to the genre, am I wrong? Of course you'll say so..

I believe you're the definition of hypocrisy right here. HOOK LINE SINKER.

DanRev
06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
yo thought_vomit its your boy danrev, just lettin yall know that axeslash is a ****, we all know that ish, yall can holler and howl but you aint gettin thru 2 him, so we all ignore that brothers chat. peace and love money.

luv u axe o_O lol

nashawa
06-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd like some love money right about now.

BrianApocalypse
06-21-2010, 05:42 PM
*Post*

I don't know if you're a girl or a guy but I just wanted you to know that you're stupidly hot! :heart:

PS, are you Scottish? If so, please could you make an audio recording of yourself saying "greet beg bartered sorsej"? :liplick:

Mack56
06-21-2010, 05:57 PM
ah, the punk forum. fun as always.

sometimes i'm not sure that you guys know how funny you all really are.

neidnarb11890
06-22-2010, 12:17 AM
This thread is stupid. You're all stupid. Punk is gay.

lolmnt
06-22-2010, 01:04 AM

sometimes i'm not sure that you guys know how funny all really are.I like this.

axeslash
06-22-2010, 05:38 AM
It's a hilarious fact that you post in this forum all the time and yet dress ''punk'' with your wee punk jacket and your wee 'punk' patches such as THE ADICTS which is in fact considered a punk band to most people that listen to the genre, am I wrong? Of course you'll say so..

I believe you're the definition of hypocrisy right here. HOOK LINE SINKER.I don't really wear that jacket anymore. So let's get that out of the way right now Ms. Whoeverthefuckyouare. Second off I would like you to clarify why you pointed out that I have an Adicts patch. I think we may have had a misunderstanding and would like to clear out any ambiguity.

BrianApocalypse
06-22-2010, 09:17 AM
This thread is stupid. You're all stupid. Punk is gay.

Come on man, that once shining gem is just becoming a punkological cliche. :facepalm:

Punk is gay though.

I don't really wear that jacket anymore.

In all fairness, that pic must be a good 4-5 years old by now. Back then I used to be an alcoholic. People change.

...oh, wait. :sad:

PS.) You need to chill out man, you're making JohnnyNemo look like diet coke.

skatinpunk
06-22-2010, 09:22 AM

sometimes i'm not sure that you guys know how funny you all really are.
+545365

askingforit176
06-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Okay so a thread started to discuss records/collections has now turned into an arguement.... Welcome to the U.G. Punk forums haha

Thought_Vomit
06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't really wear that jacket anymore. So let's get that out of the way right now Ms. Whoeverthefuckyouare. Second off I would like you to clarify why you pointed out that I have an Adicts patch. I think we may have had a misunderstanding and would like to clear out any ambiguity.

I'm Avril Lavigne... Now WHOOO are YOUUUU?
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5239/261096-caterpillar_disney_2_large.jpg

CheesePopcorn
06-22-2010, 03:51 PM
i only have The Clashes London calling and combat rock

axeslash
06-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Okay. Now that Thought_Vomit has proved herself to be a dumb cooze let's move on.

SuperBlob
06-22-2010, 04:25 PM
So hey, that record I mentioned on the first page came today

More importantly, it came with awesome stickers, a poster and a badge =D

JohnnyBlunders
06-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Ah, American consumerism justified in the anti-consumerist subculture of punk.

Reason #675 I can't stand Axeslash :D

jordan-poor
07-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I have too many records, but I really enjoy my "I Don't Want To Grow Up" record by the Descendents and "Out of Step" by Minor Threat.