The noise/no wave thread!

PDA

View Full Version : The noise/no wave thread!

MetalMilitia212
04-24-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm not sure if this should be here or in the general bands and artists section, but because noise and no wave are so closely related to punk and often get booked on the same shows, I figure it should be okay.

For those that don't know;

Noise music:

Noise music is a term used to describe varieties of avant-garde music and sound art that may use elements such as cacophony, dissonance, atonality, noise, indeterminacy, and repetition in their realization. Noise music can feature distortion, various types of acoustically or electronically generated noise, randomly produced electronic signals, and non-traditional musical instruments. Noise music may also incorporate manipulated recordings, static, hiss and hum, feedback, live machine sounds, custom noise software, circuit bent instruments, and non-musical vocal elements that push noise towards the ecstatic.

From Wikipedia.

No wave is very similar, some slight differences but not by much. Basically, the dada of punk. I recently got into noise projects after a friend took me to a White Mice concert. I hated it at first, but it grew on me after listening to bands like Lightning Bolt and Arab On Radar. However, I haven't delved far into it, so any recommendations would be appreciated :).

The Wildchild
04-24-2010, 03:56 AM
I think this should be on the Others forum.

Anyway, I like Whitehouse.

Mr Pringle
04-24-2010, 04:31 AM
future of the left is noise punk/noise rock, the locust and i guess the bloodbrothers are pretty noise related, that's probably all the bands i liek that are close as i can get to noise, there's my input.

I really like listening to noise music/no wave when i want to hit stuff, that's about it for me.

lavazza
04-24-2010, 07:27 AM
We once had a thread for that I think, so it might be allowed to stay here........ I like James Chance as a part of No wave, but the rest I listened to isnīt my cup of tea

due 07
04-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Would No Age be considered this? I always called them like noise-pop :confused:

lolmnt
04-24-2010, 11:00 AM
This would probably be better in Alt/Indie

RockThe40oz
04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
You have the power to make that happen.

lolmnt
04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
**** I forgot to to click the "Close this thread after you submit your message" button.