Dry Your Tears, Kevin Spacey [GP4,GP5, MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Dry Your Tears, Kevin Spacey [GP4,GP5, MIDI]

Squares
05-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah, this isn't quite finished, but i wanted to see if you guys think this song is going in the right direction.

I'm having some doubts, but if it sounds good then i'll continue.

Crit for Crit and such.

defiance64
05-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Dude work on it, it's absolutely bad.

JK lol

Dude this is sick it kinda reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing for some reason, I love it keep going!

Ometh
05-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Nice intro, really mellow. The rhodes piano solo fits pretty well, and it's pretty well composed. The Tom Time Part is also really good. The following is really nice: it is my favourite part, but I think the keyboards are a bit too high in the mix, they kinda bury the guitars. Please finish this, it is pretty awesome. 9/10, great job.

Edit: The tuning is like Drop C, except for the first two strings that are like Standard E, amirite?

Squares
05-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Nice intro, really mellow. The rhodes piano solo fits pretty well, and it's pretty well composed. The Tom Time Part is also really good. The following is really nice: it is my favourite part, but I think the keyboards are a bit too high in the mix, they kinda bury the guitars. Please finish this, it is pretty awesome. 9/10, great job.

Edit: The tuning is like Drop C, except for the first two strings that are like Standard E, amirite?

I thought so too with the piano part. i'm in the prcoess of fixing it.

And not exactly on the tuning.

I took the tuning of a cello (C-G-D-A) , applied it to guitar, and then BS'd the highest strings :P

I do get an intresting sound when i play the two A's though

...Basically i was sick of standard tuning and drop D. This tuning has some intresting chord possibilities lol.

Hammerzeit
05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
The intro is so beautiful. Really well composed. Keep going with this, it has massive potential. I think I know where i'd go with this in my head. I'm pretty sure you'll do it better though! This could be amazing.

21Fretter
05-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Awesome is all i really have to say. Definitely work on it.

herby190
05-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm going to do this as-I-listen, and then recap at the end.

Intro: I already feel like I like where this is going. :)

Who ordered the Rhodes: Just an extension of the intro; good though.

Tom Time: Why do you have to use MIDI? :cry: Still, it sounds good, and has a happy feel to it. As it goes further in, it makes me think of Paper Mario.

I was expecting a longer piece, but, then again, you said you weren't finished yet. I like what I'm hearing so far, but it's kind of hard to judge off of such a short glimpse. I'm going to check back later, to see how this develops.

C4C?
Let's Make Something Beautiful (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1308161)