[GP5] Let's Make Something Beautiful (Smashing Pumpkins-Inspired Alternative Thingy)

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5] Let's Make Something Beautiful (Smashing Pumpkins-Inspired Alternative Thingy)

herby190
05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
C4C.

Basically, I was tired of using the same song structures over and over; Intro/Verse/Chorus/Verse/Longer Chorus/Bridge/Verse/Chorus-That-Turns-Into-Outro........ There's nothing wrong with that kind of structure, but I noticed that just about all my songs were basically that, with pre-and-post choruses thrown in, and an occasional solo. For this, I began with something similar to a normal song structure, but then just went with whatever I felt at the time. Excuse some of the section titles, I kind of didn't know what to call a lot of it.

There will be lyrics, but it will take time; I want to wait for a real inspiration to hit me, because I feel like this deserves something special.

Edit: Vocals are up!

I'm not the greatest at tabbing vocals, but I did my best; this should at least give you an rough idea.

TechMetal
05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Pretty damn good

Squares
05-01-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks for looking at mine

critifying as I go

lead guitar in verse 1 seems a bit too ... un-flashy

there ewere a few chords in the first interlude that had some wierd dissonance. It's either gutiar pro being wierd, or you might have something i need of fixing

in my personal taste, i'd give the bass at 65 a melody of it's own to compliment the acoustic

at let's make something epic, a little bass drum here and there could really add to the build up along with a few toms.

i think it'd be cool if it led into a solo as well :P

ouch more chord problems at 97

121 "let's make something beautiful" By far my favoririte part so far. all the instruments compliment eachother well

the chord at 153 seems wrong... Not the notes, but the actual chord itself. it doesn't feel like it fits in the progression

I liked it, but it could use some tweaking here and there

Very nice ^_^

JWD32792
05-02-2010, 07:46 AM
I like the drums in the lets make something epic really lack. It doesn't build at all.

I used the speed multiplier and bumped it to 150% speed. In my opinion, it's leagues better.

ultrasonic
05-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I cant actually hear this through GP5 which is why i spent more time asking for midi exports than actually making the music, but it all sounds really good being played on my guitar :D I like the melodies you have and the initial acoustic riff for the intro :D

herby190
05-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Sorry, forgot about that.

If you're still willing to listen, here's the MIDI; however, it's still EQ'd for RSE, so it may not mix the best.

Also, I'm working on tabbing out the vocals, which is a rarity for me, because I find it very difficult to do so. However, I just got the chorus done, and will upload once I can, to give a rough idea.