Streets To Nowhere

PDA

View Full Version : Streets To Nowhere

13thCrucifix
05-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Hi this is a song from my band of two people XD
Its a sort of softer song, and it doenst have a vocal pattern..YET.
Feedback appreciated. :D

13thCrucifix
05-02-2010, 11:36 AM
I'd Appreciate a MIDI file for this :$
My PC is pretty god damn awful xD

Ometh
05-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Starts off with an ok intro. Starts getting a bit repetitive. Lead guitar changes up a bit, but still, pretty repetitive. The chorus is kinda generic and it's in a weird key I guess? Repetition of the verse, sounds repetitive as hell, you seriously need to spice things up a little. Repetition of the chorus, predictable. Reintro, but still sounds boring. The solo is ok. Sorry if I sounded harsh, but I think that the song has too many repetitions to be enjoyed at all. You need to work on it alot and spice things up with variations and new riffs. 3/10, still needs alot of work.

Edit: Maybe vocals can change that up, but I don't really think so. And here's the midi.

Squares
05-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Well first off, i'd like to point out that pianos do much more for a song when playing chords

you know this kind of reminds me of like a Home Depot commercial jingle.

at 29 when you repeat the chorus, switch something up. it's a bit repetitive.

You need to work on transitions. at least put a drum fill or something between each section to help the flow.

Solo wasn't anything special, but it wasn't bad. would sound good with the right tone and effects

Well, it's not amazing, but it's not bad either. my main beef is that you could have added SO much more with the piano! but i suppose if you don't actually own or play one it can be rather difficult to write.

Don't forget to work on your transitions either :D

Mind checking out one of mine?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1308454
^ if you like heacy stuff,

or

v if you like symphonic groove stuff.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1308033

i give you the gift .... of CHOICE!

13thCrucifix
05-02-2010, 06:08 PM
haha thanks?
Ill take all that into account XD
i dont play piano, so im unsure really of chords and stuff with it, guitars really my main thing.