To Harvest Her Organs With a Rusty Icepick [GP5,GP4,MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : To Harvest Her Organs With a Rusty Icepick [GP5,GP4,MIDI]

Squares
05-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah. this is probably the worst song i've ever written lol.

i wanted to write something heavy.

This isn't really a serious song but i'd like some criticism in respects to my transitions and polyrhythmish stuff.

C4C.

ecnavda
05-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Judging from what you said about the piece, I was expecting something embarrassing, but it caught me by surprise, I ended up liking it a lot as did my brother and my friend. The only thing I didn't like was the intro, sounds weak and kind of out of place to me. As for the transitions, I think they were done well, definitely sounds like something I would listen to. Keep it up! :)

Also, what's up with the tuning? E A A D G C?

ultrasonic
05-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I thought this was really good tbh :D As the person above me said, I wasnt really expecting it to be so intricate. I was expected some chugga chugga Open string palm mutes but was pleasantly surprised :D ;)

I though the intro was really good actually with fade in and reverse cymbol. I also admired the courageous use of tuning :D Thanks to this piece, i might start trying out new tunings (Well, unorthadox ones anyway) :D.

Well heres a part by part crit:

Intro worked well, although the reverse cymbols might need some work, or it might just be the midi.

The next riff after that was pretty good, expecially with all the instruments working together, and i love the lead riffs.

Same as before up till solo. Same about reverse cymbols as well.

The solo worked well for the style of song as well, no faults there, except I can imagine it going on for a bit longer, being a bit more manic.

All in all a solid song :D

Well actually its better than most metal projects I've made, because unfortunately im at two ends of the spectrum, liking Prog stuff, as well as indie rock music.

Well, anyways yeah, really good, expecially for a non serious song :D

Sorry about the wall of text ;)

Ultrasonic

slayerfrk
05-02-2010, 03:22 PM
lol for a "worst song ever" its still pretty good.

xbitmetal
05-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Pretty awesome worst song ever. It's odd, no doubt. But pretty good song to be in it's genre. Intro didn't give good picture of the song but it's only 3 bars. Hearing melodies was nice suprise now.

I liked your first riff. Next riff was pretty changing but worked pretty well.
You had many nice parts with nice ambience. And some very odd parts. As example bar 29.. Solo riff after that was my favourite part of the song. You should make your worst song a little bit longer.. I don't think this can be your worst song :). Pretty progressive take huh. I exepted something terrible, but this was quite catchy!

Crit mine :)? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1307631

QAZAR
05-02-2010, 08:53 PM
that was pretty ****ing cool.

acid hydrolysis
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
really edgy title too guy

Squares
05-02-2010, 11:57 PM
really edgy title too guy

haha, i'm glad someone noticed lol.

JazzDeath
05-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Lol, well this isn't nearly as terrible as you'd make it out to be, although it is rather short, that would be the only problem.

It definitely works as a first theme to a piece - I would recommend elaborating on it and making at least 3 themes, perhaps with less of the powerchord chugalug underneath, it works very well here but it's something you couldn't repeat forever without it becoming kind of redundant in my opinion.

Everything works rather well, except I would point out bar 14, just to turn that single note melody into an octave melody - would just make it sound fuller.Also the transition at 29 kind of sounds sloppy, haha. The lead melody for the next section is really cool though.

For your chugs underneath you could try adding triplets to spice it up, and make it sound a bit less monotone...

Overall it sounds pretty good, I'd say keep working on it.

If you could C4C, check out my song Sensory Overload in my sig. Thanks!

aCloudConnected
05-08-2010, 04:51 PM
If this is your worst, I can't imagine how good your best would be.

KoenDercksen
05-08-2010, 05:00 PM
It was pretty good to be honest!
Also I laughed at the title, good one man :D

Sakaluku
05-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Title fits song :P nicely picked. (no pun)

Loving parts Bar 4-9 and Bar 14-17

Song feels wierd round bar 29-30, maybe shouldnt let it die and then build up again.

Bar 38 to end gets repetitive easily :P

Overall if this is your worst, i suspect you got some other pretty potential material in stock. Definitely you can work around with it and turn it into something good, seems like a pretty good starting point.

6.5/10 so far

C4C http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1310869