Goodbye for a Lifetime [Piano Ballad] GP5

PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye for a Lifetime [Piano Ballad] GP5

Aaron!!
05-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Its different from what I usually write. Its one of the songs I write for myself, more than for any specific musical purpose.
Its simple and short, but I quite like it.

C4C :D

LessThanLuke
05-04-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L44PVNXYXaY

This is basically that, but, better.

Aaron!!
05-06-2010, 02:50 AM
thats quite a good song :p:

asator
05-08-2010, 10:54 PM
First thing I'd change is that everything comes in far too soon for my liking. I wouldn't have the drums, bass, second piano, strings etc come in til at least the second verse. The best piano ballads are piano and vocals for the first half of the song, generally speaking.

Saying that, it's a nice, if a little dull progression, and some nice arpeggios and melodies too (even if it does get a bit "The Sims" at times). Since it's a ballad, obviously the vocal melody would make or break it, melodically.

I really liked the interlude from bars 37 - 52. That part was perfect.

7/10 for now, it needs work in my opinion, but it's solid for now (I'm quite a harsh marker by the way, so 7 is good :p:).

EDIT: The double bass drums are a nice touch too :D

Sakaluku
05-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Loving the whole song, nice warm feel to it throughout.

Intro - Just as you start feeling it gets repetitive you bring in the strings and other instruments gradually, good job.

Bar 17-28 - I'm absolutely in love with what you've done here, it's all awesome and the 2nd piano really adds up here aswell

Bar 29-36 - The intro picked up and really shining here, loving it.

Bar 37-52 - Interlude really nicely breaks up the song and then unites it again into one awesome piece.

Bar 45 - I'd want to start a nice guitar solo here.

It ends a bit suddenly, a more gradual outro would be in order.

9/10

C4C ? :) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1310869

bassburton
05-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I really enjoyed this. I like the melody and progressions you used. The bass however seems a little dull for my taste. Then again I like the more "Harrisy" basslines. I don't have any other gripes except one, It could be longer. Maybe even put in a solo in it.