Death Metal/Prog/Hardcore GP5 (need help)

PDA

View Full Version : Death Metal/Prog/Hardcore GP5 (need help)

KoRn-Tristan
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi so this is a song for my band's (epiphany from the abyss)
new record. Oh and yeah, we play 8 strings ibanez, but as GP5 doesn't have a 8-string option...

And again, sorry for my old profile with the a7x shit and everything, just listen to the song and tell whether or not you like it:P

Dream Floyd
05-05-2010, 02:35 PM
What the HELL kind of tuning is THAT?!

EDIT:
1. If it's an 8-string why isn't your F# string, well, an F#
2. Guitar Pro 6 has 8-string support...

KoRn-Tristan
05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
there in e because we tuned them like that xD it's kind of a standard E with the two additional strings in drop e ? well. it works for our band:O and I have completed the song, and uploaded the good version instead of the old one if you want to listen to the ending.

KoRn-Tristan
05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
We just created a facebook/youtube and ultimate-guitar account. Their links all are on the myspace page, so again if anyone from another band in canada wants to books shows, or if you just want to support us, add us on any of these pages. www.myspace.com/epiphanyfromtheabyss

Simon Blackwing
05-08-2010, 03:16 AM
I don't see any death metal

Ometh
05-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't see any death metal
Yup, this is pure average deathcore.

JazzDeath
05-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Were you looking for a critique or help? I'll critique your piece if you crit mine, right now I don'T have the time but I have one major critique to make.

This piece seriously needs a better structure. Just because it's technical and deathcore doesn'T make it exempt from needing a structure and a sensible guideline to it. There are ****ing great ideas in here man, but seriously, right now it's a breakdown and riff salad.

I'll give you a detailed crit later, if you want you can check out my piece Sensory Overload in my signature.

asator
05-09-2010, 05:55 AM
No offence...I don't like giving harsh crits, but this is....well, it's just not very good, for the most part. As far as I can see you've just got the lowest tuning you can realistically get and played typical open breakdowns and average diminished runs. It needs coherence.

Also, wtf does your bassist do during this song? He seems to be playing about 4 bars in total.

And you don't need a bass drop at the start of every riff, seriously. It loses all effectiveness and gets annoying when you use them more than about 3 times in a song. Sort it out.

On the other hand, that interlude at bar 74 was really nice. It didn't fit at all, but it was cool.

Rethink this song, seriously. Structure it, and try and come up with something more than abusing the low 8 and throwing in random dissonant leads. Listen to After The Burial. They're doing what you're trying to do, but they're doing it right.

3/10

EDIT: Also, just read your myspace. You're apparently an innovative French Canadian deathcore band with bilingual lyrics, blastbeats, 2steps, breakdowns, high and low vocals, and bass drops that's "never been experienced in the past". Sorry man, but you just described Despised Icon. And they're better than you. Much better.

Also, please kindly stop calling yourself death metal and progressive. You're playing standard, unimaginative deathcore. And this is coming from a deathcore fan as well, I'm not flaming you.

You have potential by the sound of it, especially since you formed this year. Just...use it. Take your time writing songs.