With Quiet Disregard [Post-Rock-ish] (GP4, GP5, MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : With Quiet Disregard [Post-Rock-ish] (GP4, GP5, MIDI)

Gerbs
05-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi;

It's been a while since I posted a song but I've recently completed this... It's post-rock inspired, but I think I add my own heavier touches to it. I've tried more for atmoshpere in this song (and in this project, there's a few songs like this coming along) rather than memorable riffs, however I hope that isn't an excuse for it to become boring.

I think i've tried to keep it quite minimalistic, too, but decide for yourself! Crit for crit, of course. I hope you enjoy;

Thanks,
Gerbs

penguinbuddy
05-06-2010, 02:00 PM
wow dude. this is really really good. Not even just good for some guy on ultimate guitar, but I mean this has potential to be a really good song. that lead riff sounds really good. really clever.

ultrasonic
05-06-2010, 02:31 PM
I thought it was amazing :D Although one thing I would do is have a little tune over the bit that fades in. Its hard to describe, I can picture a couple of long notes being played over the fade in bits :D

Can you take a look at mine ? My newest piece is on the main page :D Its called '7/4 Is For Losers' :D

Thanks

Ultrasonic

Gerbs
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
By the way, massive self-plug here but I've got another song in a similar vein up already,

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1288034

if you're interested in that one too! Thanks to those who responded thus far, I've critted back : )

bassburton
05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
You have a very intesting slab of post-rock. The guitar melody you use fading in at two sections of the song is sort of "impossible to play." You have a 14 to 5 pull-off that unless you play a shorter-scale guitar or have huge friggin' hands you'd have to tap. But other than that great song man.

DaddyTwoFoot
05-07-2010, 12:58 AM
You have a very intesting slab of post-rock. The guitar melody you use fading in at two sections of the song is sort of "impossible to play." You have a 14 to 5 pull-off that unless you play a shorter-scale guitar or have huge friggin' hands you'd have to tap. But other than that great song man.
I think it's pretty obviously supposed to be tapped, especially considering that guitar track is called "tap."

This is a very good piece. Sorry I can't crit more, I'm tired and haven't posted here on UG in forever so I'm still kind of getting into the swing of it.

Nomak1
07-04-2010, 07:13 PM
any updates on this song?

rocketfalls
07-06-2010, 06:17 PM
This is really good, reminds me of Russian Circles.