[GP5 GP4 MIDI] All Our Hopes (Rock) (C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5 GP4 MIDI] All Our Hopes (Rock) (C4C)

guitar ben94
05-08-2010, 10:22 AM
This is a song that I wrote today.

It's only 2:47 so I don't know whether to make it longer or not. Just wondered what you guys thought.

Got no vocals yet so the verses and choruses may sound repeated, but I hope that would be fixed with vocals.

guitar ben94
05-09-2010, 03:15 AM
41 views and no comments?

Aaron!!
05-09-2010, 02:33 PM
It just seems a bit repetitive and generic. I guess maybe vocals will sweeten it up though. Don't get me wrong though, all in all it seems to work pretty good for what it is.

The chorus is really quite nice. But the harmonising on the first pre-chorus...just no.

Drums are solid throughout, and break is pretty cool too.

In terms of improvement, just try mixing things up a bit more; vary the parts and introduce some new leads/ideas.

guitar ben94
05-09-2010, 03:22 PM
It just seems a bit repetitive and generic. I guess maybe vocals will sweeten it up though. Don't get me wrong though, all in all it seems to work pretty good for what it is.

The chorus is really quite nice. But the harmonising on the first pre-chorus...just no.

Drums are solid throughout, and break is pretty cool too.

In terms of improvement, just try mixing things up a bit more; vary the parts and introduce some new leads/ideas.

Thanks for the crit man.

And the pre-chorus harmonising in wrong. The lead guitar should be two notes higher than it is :D

guitar ben94
05-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Anyone else?

herby190
05-16-2010, 10:03 AM
There really wasn't anything about this that stuck out. There's nothing completely wrong with it, but it's pretty forgettable. The main riff is kind of cool, especially on bass, but it gets pretty repetitive. The instruments in this are pretty generic, to be honest.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24132275