Clean intro thinger majigger.

PDA

View Full Version : Clean intro thinger majigger.

WestOfTheSun
05-10-2010, 09:46 AM
So this is the first thing I've written and tabbed out. tell me what you think, its very short, just the intro riff so far. I plan to make it into a prog-rock/math-rock thing.

asator
05-10-2010, 10:40 AM
There's not really enough to crit properly here, but I'll try..

First thing that stands out is that the riff is in 12/8 and is 2 bars long, but you've put it in some bizarre time signature to the point that it doesn't add up and GP registers it as an error. Guessing you're trying to make it seem more technical than it is? Either way, fix that.

The ride cymbal and hi hat in the drum score are disorientating and they seem totally random. Again, trying to seem unnecessarily techniical?

It's a nice riff though, and good interplay between the 2 guitars. But I'm not going to give it marks out of 10 so far because there's just not enough there yet. I suggest looking for feedback when you have a song, or a substantial part. Not 2 out of time bars of an intro :p:

WestOfTheSun
05-10-2010, 10:50 AM
There's not really enough to crit properly here, but I'll try..

First thing that stands out is that the riff is in 12/8 and is 2 bars long, but you've put it in some bizarre time signature to the point that it doesn't add up and GP registers it as an error. Guessing you're trying to make it seem more technical than it is? Either way, fix that.

The ride cymbal and hi hat in the drum score are disorientating and they seem totally random. Again, trying to seem unnecessarily techniical?

It's a nice riff though, and good interplay between the 2 guitars. But I'm not going to give it marks out of 10 so far because there's just not enough there yet. I suggest looking for feedback when you have a song, or a substantial part. Not 2 out of time bars of an intro :p:

awesome more than i was expecting :D

First things first, im a total noob lol. So the unnecessarily technical is just a musical error because i dont know how to use Guitar pro lol. And the drums are pretty much random because i dont know how to drum, i just used a vague idea and ran with it. But my god, thanks for the crit, and yes I fixed the time signature :D

asator
05-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Haha fair enough. You'll get used to figuring out time signatures and stuff on Guitar Pro the more you do it :) It's a good start, look forward to hearing more.