first attempt at indie

PDA

View Full Version : first attempt at indie

BKGMorley
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
hey guys

ive been getting indie stuff recently, still love metal but just broadening my taste in music. i have no idea wheather or no this is good

SLD.Potato
05-10-2010, 11:23 PM
What do you mean by "indie"? It's not a style of music, if that's what you're implying. You could easily be an indie band AND a metal band.

As for the song, it's pretty good. The lead is a little repetitive in the begining, but that's an anal complaint.

asator
05-11-2010, 02:16 AM
What do you mean by "indie"? It's not a style of music, if that's what you're implying. You could easily be an indie band AND a metal band.
Oh you know what he meant.

Anyway, I thought it was a good start. The main riff does have a slight touch of the standard "metalhead trying to write indie and basically writing a metal riff but with a clean guitar" about it, but it still works. The bassline at the start was cool too, nice build up. I wouldn't really say this has the stereotypical "indie" sound, I'd call it more just "rock". Like Biffy Clyro or some equivilant.

There's not much to comment on because it's so short, but it's definitely a good start, and it's worth expanding on.