Progressive Death Metal w/ a Jazz influence

PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Death Metal w/ a Jazz influence

mungblumpkin
05-11-2010, 12:44 AM
So im a music major at East Carolina, and i play bassoon in one of the ensembles, but i also do vocals for a grindcore band called Mung Blumpkin (look it up damnit!!!) but back to my original point (that i have yet to make) i wrote this song for my band, and they all liked, but when i turned it in to my composition teacher, he wasnt to impressed, but i dont know why 5 other vocalists like it and so does the 2 guitar players and the bassist and drummer (ps we love slipknot). but anyway back to the point (that i finally made) i want to know what you guys think, cause my comp. teacher is a big black douche (no seriously he is darker than flava flav)

Ktool The Girth
05-11-2010, 01:05 AM
He probably didnt like it because it sounds like a grindcore song.

juckfush
05-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Not sure if serious...

Though if you are, with regards to your composition teacher not liking it, it probably comes down to the fact that no motifs are being established at all, there is a complete lack of dynamic variation, and a minimal use of register and instrumental timbres.
Overall, there's a considerable lack of musical ideas being utilized, let alone the concepts of music being explored; which is a major component of receiving positive feedback with compositions, particularly in an academic sense.
Also, there's not the equivalent of a bee's dick worth of jazz in this.

On another note, there's no need to be a racist bigot on these boards.

Caleb B
05-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Omg that was so awesome hahahahaha.

Im_Broken
05-11-2010, 01:37 AM
i had the same problem. i turned in a 13 minute progressive metal song, and i didnt pass.
my music teacher is a blind, bald pedo with a serious hate of metal.

Ecliptica24
05-11-2010, 01:39 AM
hell yeah funky bassline.

asator
05-11-2010, 02:19 AM
I hope you're joking.

This is utter shit. I have nothing good to say about it. And there's no jazz in it either.

Also, you strike me as being a total knob. GTFO.

Your pathetic attempt at humour has no place here. Go to /b/ or something.

1/10

Oh and Im_Broken, you can shut up too.

slayerfrk
05-11-2010, 08:11 AM
**** you

Gulli05
05-11-2010, 09:20 AM
When I started listening to this, I thought it was a really poor attempt at songwriting but I see this isn't songwriting, this is just shit... I mean this isn't at all playble and it has no musical direction nor is it progressive or jazz infuenced.

Ometh
05-11-2010, 06:34 PM
hahaha, this is the funniest thing I have heard in a while, nice job lol