Work in progress Prog metal GP5 C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Work in progress Prog metal GP5 C4C

benonbass1
05-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Hey,

This is another prog song I've been working on.
I'm not entirely pleased with it, and I don't think this will be the finished article, but I like to get some feedback so I know what to work on.

I'm not a guitarist or a drummer, so go easy on those parts :peace: Hopefully my guitarist and drummer will improve them when it comes to it anyway.

It's more the structure I need help with, I don't really think it flows well enough.

Also I'm pretty sure it's too short, but I'm not sure what it needs to make it longer.

I'm slightly worried about lack of variation in the chords too, any suggestions?

Cheers guys, I'm sorry for asking so much of you :haha:
:cheers:

EDIT: Updated version is down a bit :D

shavorules42
08-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I thought it was really good. I think it sounds fine the length it is now but if you really want to extend it a bit longer I think it'd sound pretty good if you somehow transitioned back to the bass tapping from the intro. You could stick that back in the middle somewhere or maybe even towards the end. Just a thought though.

benonbass1
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Cheers dude. :cheers:

I've added a bit to it since then, including a transition back to the tapping part :) Although it is a bit longer now.

I'll upload it to this post

Life Is Brutal
08-15-2010, 09:54 PM
YAY, bass tapping. Good chordings for the bass, and the lead guitar was nice. Im glad to see Augmented chords rather than just straight powerchords. :p:

Easy to listen to which is nice. I got to bar 72, and I thought "Ok, now Ill here some Prog Metal". Then there was the breakdown like thing after the key change. It picked up pace at 85, and I liked the riff there. Some more riffing, a bit heavier afterward, and then at 93's resolving chord. What kind of direction were you planning after 93?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350543

benonbass1
08-16-2010, 11:48 AM
YAY, bass tapping. Good chordings for the bass, and the lead guitar was nice. Im glad to see Augmented chords rather than just straight powerchords. :p:

Easy to listen to which is nice. I got to bar 72, and I thought "Ok, now Ill here some Prog Metal". Then there was the breakdown like thing after the key change. It picked up pace at 85, and I liked the riff there. Some more riffing, a bit heavier afterward, and then at 93's resolving chord. What kind of direction were you planning after 93?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350543

I've done some more on it :) I've changed it round quite a lot since that first one, it's in the post just above yours.

I'll crit yours in return asap