Realms Of Infinity [Black Metal WIP / C4C]

PDA

View Full Version : Realms Of Infinity [Black Metal WIP / C4C]

DragTheWaters11
05-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I am the bassist and writer for my band, and I have been trying out something new...

I have been working on a black metal song (rather an attempt) and would like to hear what everybody thinks so far.

It's incomplete but I don't want to head any further without some critiques.

C4C and thank you.

Hvala.

TehDutchDude
05-13-2010, 10:16 AM
It sounds quite dark and eery, which I suppose is good cos I think this is what you are trying to achieve. However, it's a tad too slow for my taste. I do like the use of powerchords, it gives that low, dark, pounding feeling to it, but I'd spice things up a bit. The arpeggios in the break are really nice, they sound mysterious, dark, eery... absolutely loved that part!

So far, it's pretty good, but I'd try to add some diversity to the power chord parts. Just don't touch the arpeggios :) They kick ass!

Burning_Angel
05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
So. I wanted to like this. I really did.

But, after the badass arppegios tha just SCREAM Burzum to me, it just... died. The drums need work. The riffing was a tad... I dunno, un-inspired? It certainly didn't sound Black Metal at all to me. It seemed to have a more Death metal asthetic to me.

And the transitions need major work. There was no flow so far, and no building up to anything it seemed. The best black metal tells a story just with songwriting, like Burzum. :shrug:

DragTheWaters11
05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Alright. Thanks for the responses. I greatly appreciate it. : )

And the version I had, I know it was really, really bad with the transitions and stuff. However, with that said. I posted a newer version with better riffing and such. Trying to make things better. So Burning_Angel, maybe you'll like it better now? Lol

BTW, anything that SCREAMS Burzum to me is a success, even though I haven't even listened to or thought of Burzum in over a month.

And ya, this is just an attempt at black metal. And obviously, it has very subtle pieces of black metal.