I need help with some chords

PDA

View Full Version : I need help with some chords

hitl
05-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, i have have been working on this song with my band.i really like it so far.but i have a problem what to do in the secoudn verse (the tab ends at the end of the chorus).I was thinking about the same bass line and i would let some chords ring.but i have no idea what would fit.somebody got any idea what type od chords?

sorry for my bad english .__.

whoomit
05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Hey man, I'm on holiday at the moment so don't have Guitar Pro or any tab reader with me, but if you quickly tabbed out the bassline (with marks between each bar) I could give you a hand :cheers:

hitl
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
http://www4.slikomat.com/10/0512/wb6-jsas.jpg

this is the way the first verse goes..the guitar plays it clean and lets the notes ring..the bass has a more distorted sound

thanks man for your time/help :)

whoomit
05-12-2010, 05:28 PM
You're welcome :)
Sorry I took so long to reply to this though, I'm absolutely shattered and I forgot!
What kind of chords are you looking for then?
Full and simple?
Strange and Interesting?
Or just powerchords?

hitl
05-12-2010, 05:33 PM
You're welcome :)
Sorry I took so long to reply to this though, I'm absolutely shattered and I forgot!
What kind of chords are you looking for then?
Full and simple?
Strange and Interesting?
Or just powerchords?
full, strange and interesting ;)

the drums for the song are very fast and the bass line pushes the song..but the guitar parts are clean sounding and change the whole thing.i can pm you tomorrow a little clip from the verse we played today, if you want :)

whoomit
05-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Aaarrrgh Goshdarnit!
I just spent ages writing out something for you and trying to figure out chords and my internet messed up after I submitted it!
Here goes again...

atira
05-12-2010, 06:11 PM
You could follow the bass melody. For example:
the song is in E major as far as I can see, so use E chords with one moving note. The D# in the 4th bar is a bit hard to harmonize but I've gave you three ideas (E7M, B7, D#dim). Check the gp file.

whoomit
05-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry man, internet messed up again (not happy).
This time I wrote out an even longer reply aswell...
I'll update tomorrow instead, as I really need my bed :cheers: