Jazz Band Project

PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Band Project

eteam_sammy4him
05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
So I had to do this as a school project, and a buddy of mine wrote the horn parts on his Sibelius 6. Comment me and let me know what you think. (The whole notes in the Head and the 12 Bar Blues are not the final rhythm. I did that for ease of typing and time.)

Sincerely,
Evan Sams

The Arsis
05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Jazz Band Project? Where the hell is the jazz?!

YesterdaysToday
05-12-2010, 11:03 PM
What The Arsis said. WHERE THE **** IS THE JAZZ?!?!?!?!?

asator
05-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Not a note of jazz in sight, no flow whatsoever, the "rhythm" guitar plays the majority of the lead parts, the riff at bar 90 was insanely annoying, there's no bass, the drums are moronic, the lead in the chorus is directionless and irritating, you haven't bothered putting in rhythms for a good half the song, there's a stupidly repetative section at the end, the outro's out of key, that's the worst "breakdown" I've ever heard that wasn't by Attack Attack! and it's panned too harsh.

I have nothing good to say about this waste of time.
2/10 (for actually managing to get a whole song together, if you could call it that)

And I'm not trying to be offensive, but this really is pretty poor, it sounds like a joke song. I get the impression you can do better, but just aren't trying...

Deep*Kick
05-13-2010, 06:35 AM
well. I liked the mario bit.

ninja.kitty
05-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Never in my life have I hated the D# chord more then I do right now.

seemeel
05-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Um, what the **** was that dude? It's been said before, but I can't not say it again... JAZZ?!?! where? Honestly, that was a terrible. Absolutely terrible. If you turned that in for school, you should have failed. Not that I'm trying to be mean, but there was no jazz anywhere, so unless you were trying to write some rock/metal vomit, then you missed the point entirely.

DaddyTwoFoot
05-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Syncopation does not a jazz piece make.

monstercupcake
05-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I just don't see how this is jazz, however, I do love the mario part.